Dr. Jordan C. Stern M.D.
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine65 Broadway Suite 901 New York New York, 10006
Jordan C. Stern, MD, is founder and director of his own practice, Blue Sleep LLC, located in New York, New York. Within Blue Sleep, Dr. Stern takes a holistic approach to the diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea in his adult and children patients; treatments for sleep apnea and snoring such as tongue strengthening exercises, weight loss, relaxation music, oral appliances, CPAP, reflux treatment, and surgery. Being a Board certified Otolaryngologist, Dr. Stern is also one of few otolaryngologists in the country who also maintains certification in sleep medicine as well. A pioneer in the field, he is one of the first doctors in New York to embrace home testing as a convenient diagnosis tool and boasts his ear, nose, and throat approach to sleep medicine.
Education and Training
George Washington University
Columbia University, New York, NY B.S. 1981
George Washington University, Washington D.C. – M.D. M.D. 1985
American Board of Otolaryngology- Otolaryngology
Head and Neck; American Board of Sleep Medicine- Sleep Medicine
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
Dr. Jordan C. Stern M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Is sleep apnea curable with surgery?
Yes, find out more at: www.bluesleep.com READ MORE
Can lack of sleep cause confusion in a person?
Lack of sleep can definitely cause some memory and concentration problems. Confusion such as with regards to name, place, time, is usually not associated with poor sleep unless it is very severe. At BlueSleep, we provide online sleep consultations and ship a home sleep test to rule out serious sleep disorders. This may be a good first step to evaluate your father's problem. READ MORE
Can there be side effects from sleep medications?
Most important is to make sure your poor sleep is not from sleep apnea, especially given the hypertension. READ MORE
Is there a natural way to treat insomnia?
Definitely. Get more information at BlueSleep.com We have recent videos and an extensive sleep library covering insomnia and treatments. If that doesn't answer your questions, make an appointment to see a board certified sleep specialist at: BlueSleep.com READ MORE
Can snoring be associated with a health problem?
Loud snoring every night is often associated with sleep apnea, a serious medical condition that is easy to diagnose and treat. In most cases, a special night guard made by our specialists can end snoring and sleep apnea. Talk to our specialists online 7 days a week at BlueSleep.com READ MORE
The one you will use the most ... Find out more at : BlueSleep.com READ MORE
Good news is that at BlueSleep.com, you can see a sleep specialist right away on our web site by telemedicine, you don't have to wait, go to: www.bluesleep.com to make an appointment. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local and Regional Public Speaking in the Past -
- Appears on TV and Radio for Peers and Patient Groups -
- In Office Minimally Invasive Procedure
- Custom Made Oral Appliance Therapy
- Same Day Oral Appliances For Snoring
- Cpap (continuous Positive Airway Pressure Therapy)
- Weight Loss Programs
- Other Treatments (diet, Didgeridoo, Tongue Exercises)
- Board Certified American Board of Sleep Medicine
- Professional Member American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Professional Member American Academy of Otolaryngology
- Professional Member American Head & Neck Society
- Professional Member New York Head & Neck Society
- Mt. Sinai Hospital (General Surgery)
- The Northern France Cancer Center (Head and Neck Surgery)
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Having continuosly looked at new and different ways of doing things, and looking at sleep medicine from an ear, nose, and throat point of view.
Hobbies / Sports
- Cooking and Music
Favorite professional publications
- The Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine
Dr. Jordan C. Stern M.D.'s Practice location
New York, New York 10006Get Direction
NEW YORK, NY 10016Get Direction
Dr. Jordan C. Stern M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stern
- Can Sleep Apnea Cause an Irregular Heartbeat?
There are numerous people who complain about waking up with a fast-beating heart. While some think this isn’t anything to worry about, there are studies that link waking up with an irregular heartbeat to sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a very common sleeping disorder that is very alarming. In fact,...
- Why Beauty Sleep Should Be Taken Seriously
A study published in the journal BMJ, provides supports to the concept of beauty sleep. A small study conducted by Swedish researchers shows that adequate rest is essential for looking healthy. Until now, the concept of beauty sleep lacked solid evidence from science.In this study, 23 healthy...
- Why Am I So Tired?
Many people find it difficult to describe when they are tired. Some call it exhaustion, while others name it tiredness. Few others may call it fatigue. Fatigue, or tiredness, is a non-specific condition with numerous causes. Fatigue can be either physical or mental, although the two condition are...
- Restless Legs Syndrome: The Causes
Restless legs syndrome is a neurological condition affecting millions of people around the world. The condition is characterized by the having the constant urge to move your leg, which usually occurs at night. Although RLS is serious, it is a treatable condition. Causes of Restless Legs...
- How Can I Stop Snoring?
Snoring can affect not only your sleep but also your family members and friends, if you sleep in the same room with them. Snoring can lead to sleep problems, fatigue during day, irritability, and other health problems. About 45% of adults in the world are affected by snoring, and it is more commonly...
- Sleep Apnea and its Influence on Fatigue in the Workplace
Everyone is different. When comparing two individuals side by side, they are seldom identical, even in the way they react to the same stimuli. Even if they live together, it is common to observe that roommates, couples, or those who share a close relationship can respond differently to same...
- Dr. Ali Hameli M.D.9001 Fort Hamilton Pkwy Brooklyn NY 11209
- Dr. Barry Cohen MD200 S Orange Ave Livingston NJ 07039
- Mr. Daniel Barone M.D.425 E 61st St New York New York 10065
- Dr. Ofer Jacobowitz M. D.,PHD18 East 48th St New York NY 10017
- Dr. Amanullah A Vazir MD999 Mcbride Ave Little Falls NJ 07424
- Dr. John Antonios Ashkar M.D.355 Ovington Ave Brooklyn MI 49230