James Reidy, MD, FACS, is Director of Cornea Services at SUNY Buffalo Department of Ophthalmology, as well as an Associate Professor there. He specializes in the treatment of eye disease, particularly the external eye area and cornea. In addition to his work at SUNY Buffalo, Dr. Reidy is also Clinical Director of Ophthalmology at Erie County Medical Center.
Education and Training
Loyola University of Chicago
Loyola Univ of Chicago Stritch Sch of Med, Maywood Il 1983
American Board of Ophthalmology- Ophthalmology
- Penetrating keratoplasty in infancy and early childhood.
- Human corneal stem cells display functional neuronal properties.
- An Arctic survival ration; psychiatric observations.
- Emotional adjustment of radar observers in jet fighter interceptor aircraft.
- Voice recognition as a measure of self-attitude and relatedness.
- Community pressures and a state hospital program for children.
- Mental retardation.
- Fletcher's ice island: a psychiatric report.
- The emotionally disturbed child: problems with in the family.
- Family treatment approaches. 1. An approach to family-centered treatment in a state institution.
- Psychoses of later life.
- Ciprofloxacin and prednisolone therapy for experimental Pseudomonas keratitis.
- Nocardia keratitis after laser in situ keratomileusis: clinicopathologic correlation.
- Immunogenicity of epikeratophakia tissue lenses containing living donor keratocytes.
- The efficacy of topical ciprofloxacin and norfloxacin in the treatment of experimental Pseudomonas keratitis.
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors, 2012
- Med Ctr La New Orleans-Lsu, Ophthalmology Michael Reese Hosp Med Ctr, Ophthalmology F G Mc Gaw Hp/Loyola Univ, Internal Medicine
- Michael Reese Medical Center
- Loyola University McGraw Medical Center
- LSU Eye Center; University of Utah Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Pediatric Keratoplasty Association, American Medical Association, New York State Ophthalmology Society, Buffalo Ophthalmology Society
Articles and Publications
- 46 Peer Reviews, Book Chapters
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication, Education, Excellent Patient Care, Making a Difference in the Field
Hobbies / Sports
- Biking, Running, Gardening, Traveling
Dr. James Reidy MD's Practice location
Buffalo, New York 14226Get Direction
AMHERST, NY 14226Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60611Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. James Reidy MD | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. James Reidy MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Reidy
- Lasik Eye Surgery for Astigmatism
Astigmatism is one of the most common eye disorders affecting huge swaths of the population where the skewed curvature of the corneal surface creates blurred images of near and distant objects. In the normal course, astigmatism goes hand in hand with varying degrees of nearsightedness (myopia) and...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- What are the Pros and Cons of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery, short form for laser in situ keratomileusis, is the most exercised surgical option for correcting eye vision discrepancies in America. Its immense popularity has a lot to do with the significant vision improvement it brings about completely dispensing eyeglasses or contact lenses....
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- Treatments for Conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis or "pinkeye" is an infection of the conjunctiva, the thin, clear membrane coating the white of the eye and lining the inside of the eyelid. The symptoms may vary slightly depending on the cause, but are distinct: redness of the white part of the eye, tearing, a thick yellow discharge...
- Dr. David P. Montesanti MD932 ELMWOOD AVE BUFFALO NY 14222
- Dr. Tamer Mansour M.D.3095 HARLEM RD CHEEKTOWAGA NY 14225
- Dr. Steven Awner MD3980 SHERIDAN DR AMHERST NY 14226
- Dr. Stephen B Pollack MD1630 Maple Rd Buffalo NY 14221
- Dr. Andrew Joseph Siedlecki MD170 Maple Road Buffalo NY 14221
- Dr. Charles J Fetterman MD PC70 Professional Parkway Lockport NY 14094