Paul M. Brisson, MD, works at a private practice in New York City. He specializes in a variety of treatments for back pain, and likes to start with a conservative, non-surgical approach. He has been voted one of the Best doctors in New York in New york Magazine. Currently, Dr. Brisson serves as Director of Spinal Surgery at New York Downtown Hospital.
Education and Training
Unviersity of Montreal
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery- Orthopedic Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
- McGill University?s Teaching Hospital Network (General and Orthopedic Surgery)
- New York?s Hospital for Joint Diseases; Buffalo General Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Articles and Publications
- Has Been Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Strong Commitment to Help Patients, Empathy, Candid Nature
Hobbies / Sports
- Skiing, Scuba Diving, Motorcycling
Favorite professional publications
- Spinal Surgery
Paul M. Brisson's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Paul M. Brisson | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Paul M. Brisson's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About Knee Replacement Surgery
What is knee replacement surgery?Knee replacement surgery is a procedure that is used to repair damaged knees. Replacement for your knee parts can help relieve pain and also make the knee joint active. For total knee replacement surgery, the doctor will remove the damaged cartilage and bone, and...
- Treatments for Arthritis: 5 Tips on Living with Arthritis
Living with arthritis is never easy. People who are suffering from this disease will tell you that for sure. You will face constant pain in your arms, legs, your back, and joints. In a word, you will feel like your bones are falling apart. Equally important is that the pain can have a serious impact...
- How to Prepare for Spinal Stenosis Surgery
A spinal stenosis surgery is a major operation that is carried out to repair defects in the spinal column. Since it is an invasive procedure and a delicate one as well, it is important to be prepared psychologically and physically as they are important aspects to be considered to ensure everything...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- Scapula and Winged Scapula: Anatomy, Function, Injuries, and Defects
Anatomy of the ScapulaThe scapula is a triangular flat bone, which is also known as the shoulder blade. It lies in the upper back between the second and eighth rib. It connects the upper limb to the trunk and articulates with the humerus or upper arm bone. The articulation takes place at the...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Correcting Foot Deformities with Surgery
Research and Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disorder OutlookHow Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disorder Could Affect Some IndividualsAffecting those mostly between the ages of 18 to 60 according to The Mayo Clinic, this hereditary group of disorders can affect numerous stages of life. Although some therapies could be of...
- Dr. Leon E. Popovitz M.D.79 Hudson St Hoboken NJ 07030
- Dr. Ron Noy M.D.424 Madison Avenue New York New York 10017
- Dr. Oscar Vazquez M.D.25 Prospect Ave Hackensack NJ 07601
- Dr. Brian J Bauer MD222 Cedar Lane Teaneck NJ 07666
- Dr. Steven Arsht M.D.10 Union Square- East New York NY 10003
- Dr. Deepan N. Patel MD631 Grand Street Jersey City NJ 07304