Paul M. Brisson, MD, works at a private practice in New York City. He specializes in a variety of treatments for back pain, and likes to start with a conservative, non-surgical approach. He has been voted one of the Best doctors in New York in New york Magazine. Currently, Dr. Brisson serves as Director of Spinal Surgery at New York Downtown Hospital.
Paul M. Brisson's Videos
Education and Training
Unviersity of Montreal
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery- Orthopedic Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
- New York?s Hospital for Joint Diseases; Buffalo General Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Articles and Publications
- Has Been Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Strong Commitment to Help Patients, Empathy, Candid Nature
Hobbies / Sports
- Skiing, Scuba Diving, Motorcycling
Favorite professional publications
- Spinal Surgery
Paul M. Brisson's Practice location
- Holistic Treatments for Arthritis
Arthritis is a painful, progressive disease that affects the joints of an individual. There are many treatments available for arthritis. Each and every one of them works differently, depending on the stage of arthritis at which they are implemented. As we already know, if not treated, arthritis can...
- Is Hip Replacement Surgery Necessary?
A hip replacement is a surgical procedure in which the hip joint is replaced with prosthetic implants. This is generally recommended for those who have severe arthritic damage in the hip joint. This surgical procedure seems to be ideal for those who have severe pain and loss of function at this...
- New Research May Improve Bone Health in Diabetic Patients
Diabetes and complications related to it are common, and most people know about them. Diabetes harms blood vessels and nerves, which causes heart problems, problems with peripheral nerves, and weakens eyesight. The need for foot and eye care, and the evaluation of heart and kidney health, are all...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Diagnosis of Osteoporosis
It is important to get a diagnosis for osteoporosis as soon as you experience any of the symptoms associated with the condition. One should not prolong a visit with a doctor because the sooner the diagnosis, the sooner the individual will receive treatment.About 80% of your bone density is...
- Dr. David T. Neuman M.D.8340 Woodhaven Blvd Queens Glendale NY 11385
- Dr. Leon E. Popovitz M.D.79 Hudson St Hoboken NJ 07030
- Dr. Ron Noy M.D.424 Madison Avenue New York New York 10017
- Dr. Oscar Vazquez M.D.25 Prospect Ave Hackensack NJ 07601
- Dr. Brian J Bauer MD222 Cedar Lane Teaneck NJ 07666
- Dr. Steven Arsht M.D.10 Union Square- East New York NY 10003