Paul M. Brisson, MD, works at a private practice in New York City. He specializes in a variety of treatments for back pain, and likes to start with a conservative, non-surgical approach. He has been voted one of the Best doctors in New York in New york Magazine. Currently, Dr. Brisson serves as Director of Spinal Surgery at New York Downtown Hospital.
Education and Training
Unviersity of Montreal
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery- Orthopedic Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
- McGill University?s Teaching Hospital Network (General and Orthopedic Surgery)
- New York?s Hospital for Joint Diseases; Buffalo General Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Articles and Publications
- Has Been Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Strong Commitment to Help Patients, Empathy, Candid Nature
Hobbies / Sports
- Skiing, Scuba Diving, Motorcycling
Favorite professional publications
- Spinal Surgery
- New York Presbyterian
Paul M. Brisson's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Paul M. Brisson | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Paul M. Brisson's reviewsWrite Review
- 10 Tips on Living with Bursitis
Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation and pain around the joints. This can happen in the tendons, muscles, or even bones. It is brought by inflammation of the bursa. Bursa is a fluid-filled sac that acts as a cushion around your joints. Usually, when your joints are subjected to excess...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Everything You Need to Know About Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel surgery is a medical procedure that is done to treat a condition known as carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where a ligament known as the transverse carpal ligament lies over the median nerve, putting pressure on it. The condition causes numbness, weakness,...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is a group of disorders that cause skeletal muscle degeneration, decreased flexibility, and progressive weakness. In muscular dystrophy, the abnormal mutation of genes interferes with the production of proteins, which are needed for healthy muscle...
- Analgesic Drugs for Fibromyalgia
IntroductionThe main symptoms of fibromyalgia usually include muscle pain, stiffness in the morning after waking up, and painful tender points in various parts of the body. Other symptoms would include anxiety, depression, headaches, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), painful menstrual cramps, tingling...
- Hip Pain: Causes and Treatment
Any pain that is felt around the hip joint is usually referred to as hip pain. This is a very common condition and often confusing, as there are several reasons for the pain in the hip region. Hip pain can make everyday activities more difficult. Many people feel a snapping sound in the hip joint....
- Dr. Leon E. Popovitz M.D.130 E 67th St New York NY 10065
- Dr. Karen Avanesov D.O3059 Brighton 13th street Brooklyn NY 11235
- Dr. Ron Noy M.D.424 Madison Avenue New York New York 10017
- Dr. Ronald Moore Chase M.D.97 Amity Street Brooklyn New York 11201
- Dr. David T. Neuman M.D.131 W 33rd St New York NY 10001
- Dr. Andrew Hutter M.D.1500 Pleasant Valley Way West Orange New Jersey 07052