Dr. Elaine Alicakos is a podiatrist practicing in Mahwah, New Jersey. Dr. Alicakos is a medical doctor specializing in the treatment of the foot , ankle and related parts of the leg. As a podiatrist, Dr. Alicakos diagnoses and treats conditions of the feet. The feet are key body parts that give a person stability, absorb shock, allow for walking and standing and are necessary for overall well-being. So, the feet need expert care. Podiatrists can specialize in surgery, wound care, sports medicine, diabetic care and pediatrics.
Education and Training
Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
Villanova University B.S. 1983
Temple University of Podiatric Medicine D.P.M. 1987
American Board of Podiatric Surgery- Podiatric Surgery
Foot and Ankle Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local and Regional Public Speaking at Churches, Nursing Homes, and Physical Therapy Locations -
- Woman of the Year
- Athlete's Foot
- Fungus Infections
- Pediatric Care
- Sports Medicine
- Geriatric Foot Care
- Board CertifiedAmerican Board of Podiatric Surgeons
- Professional MemberAmerican Board of Podiatric Surgeons
- Fellow American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Lawndale Community Hospital in Philadelphia Foot Surgery
- Valley Hospital-Ridgewood
Dr. Elaine Ann Alicakos DPM's Practice location
Mahwah, New Jersey 07430Get Direction
MAHWAH, NJ 07430Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Elaine Ann Alicakos DPM | Podiatrist (Foot and Ankle Specialist)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Elaine Ann Alicakos DPM's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Alicakos
- Being Diagnosed with Diabetes
The disease begins with a feeling of increased thirst, urination or unexplained weight changes. These symptoms should warrant a visit to the doctor so as to get your blood sugar tested. If the blood sugar level is more than 200 mg/dL, consider performing a sugar test. If you are unsure of the...
- Ingrown Toenail Removal and Treatment
What Is an Ingrown Toenail?Ingrown toenail is the layman’s term for the medical ailment called onychocryptosis or unguis incarnatus. This is a common and painful condition that usually occurs at the end or on the outer side of the big toe. However, any toenail can still become ingrown. They...
- What It's Like to Live with Type 2 Diabetes
Adapting to a healthier dietA type 2 diabetes patient needs to shift from an unhealthy diet and adapt to a much healthier diet. The recommended diet for type 2 diabetes patients includes three healthy daily meals. A type 2 diabetes patient is at risk of developing cardiovascular problems, so the...
- Plantar Fasciitis Exercises and Remedies
The plantar fascia is a particular part of your foot that takes up most of the pressure of your weight, which is why it is often strained. Moreover, if you have been sitting down in a chair or the sofa for too long and get up suddenly, it can cause the plantar fascia to suddenly flare up. The...
- What Causes My Ankles and Feet to Swell?
We often see the troublesome swelling in our ankles and feet, which affects our movements. Fortunately, this swelling is not very serious and you shouldn't worry about it if you are physically active. If swelling is associated with serious symptoms, it does require medical attention as it may be an...
- What Is Neuropathy?
Disorders that arise due to peripheral nervous system damage are referred to as peripheral neuropathy or simply neuropathy. Peripheral nerves are the nerves that connect the brain and spinal cord to different parts of the body. These nerves innervate different organs of our body, including the skin,...
- Dr. Lauren Grossman DPM363 Grand Ave Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Dr. Jeffrey Miller DPM1117 Rout 46 East Clifton New Jersey 7013
- Diana Matta4960 Broadway New York New York 10034
- Dr. Jay D Helman DPM300 N Middletown Rd Pearl River NY 10965
- Dr. Ronald J. Sollitto DPM289 Market Street Saddle Brook New Jersey 07663
- Dr. Vilayvanh Sysounthone DPM1259 US 46 Parsippany New Jersey 07054