Dr. Nader Moinfar, MD, MPH, FACS
Ophthalmologist2202 Lakeland Hills Blvd. Lakeland Florida, 33805
Nader Moinfar, MD, MPH, works at Florida Retina Consultants in Lakeland, Florida. He specializes in diseases of the retina, including infections, for adults and pediatrics. Having completed International volunteer service in Central America and West Africa, Dr. Moinfar also holds a Masters Degree in Public Health and teaches at the University of Central Florida School of Medicine.
Education and Training
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University Masters of Public Health
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO- 2000
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor, University of Central Florida School of Medicine -
- Macular Pucker
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinopathy Of Prematurity
- Macular Degeneration
- Ocular Trauma
- Macular Hole
- University of California, Irvine Medical Center Vitreoretinal Disease and Surgery
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- University of California Irvine (Vitreoretinal Disease and Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Retina Specialists, American Public Health Association
Articles and Publications
- Has Published Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- Living by the Golden Rule
Hobbies / Sports
- Marathons, Flying, Family, Friends, Traveling
Dr. Nader Moinfar, MD, MPH, FACS's Practice location
Lakeland, Florida 33805Get Direction
Lake Mary, FL 32746Get Direction
Winter Haven, FL 33880Get Direction
Zephyrhills, FL 33541Get Direction
Sebring, FL 33870Get Direction
Dr. Nader Moinfar, MD, MPH, FACS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Moinfar
- What Tests Determine Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is a very unpleasant eye condition that may cause discomfort and pain in the eyes. This disease has to be medically treated. Thus, it’s important to determine the causes and triggers of this disease. If you suspect that you have conjunctivitis, you should visit an ophthalmologist to...
- Don’t Let Your Computer Strain Your Eyes
What is eyestrain?Eyestrain is a common medical condition characterized by an overuse of the eyes, like when driving a long distance, reading for a couple of hours, or using the computer. Staring at the computer screen for a long period of time will increase discomfort in your eyes.Eyestrain is not...
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetesType 1 diabetes, which is also called insulin-dependent diabetes, is the more severe form of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes develops at any age, but it usually develops among children and teenagers. This is the reason why it is also commonly called “juvenile” diabetes.Living with type...
- How to Prepare for Lasik Eye Surgery
Lasik (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis), commonly referred to as laser eye surgery or laser vision correction, is a revolutionary new technology that corrects distortion in vision using focused laser beams to remove corneal tissue. The reconstruction of the surface of the cornea enables it...
- What is Age-Related Cataracts?
When the eye lens changes with age, cataracts develop and your vision becomes blurry. A clear structure, the lens is located at the back of the pupil. Light streams in via the cornea and the lens directs it to the retina when it enters the eye.When you start to age, cataracts can begin developing,...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- Dr. Michael Tolention MD200 Avenue K Sw Winter Haven FL 33880
- Dr. Ivan Suner M.D.814 Griffin Road Lakeland FL 33805
- Felipe I. Tolentino1443 Hollingsworth Oaks Drive Lakeland Florida 33803
- Ahad Mahootchi MD6739 GALL BLVD ZEPHYRHILLS FL 33542
- Dr. Kevin A Dorsett MD1247 Lakeland Hills Blvd Lakeland FL 33805
- Dr. Scott M Friedman M.D.2202 Lakeland Hills Blvd Lakeland FL 33805