Dr. Mitchell Latter is an ophthalmologist practicing in Bellflower, California. Dr. Latter specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Latter can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Latter can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
University of Cincinnati
Univ of Cincinnati Coll of Med, Cincinnati Oh 1978
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine 1978
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hollywood Presby Med Ctr, Ophthalmology; Va Long Beach Hlthcare Sys, Internal Medicine
- Colorado Health Foundation Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center Program
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
- VA Long Beach Medical Center
What do you attribute your success to?
- Good Listener and Taking Time with Patients
Favorite professional publications
- The Ophthalmology Journal, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Journal
- Lakewood Regional Medical Center
- Greater Long Beach Surgery Center
- San Gabriel Valley Medical Center
Dr. Mitchell C. Latter MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Mitchell C. Latter MD | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Mitchell C. Latter MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Latter
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK, or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a very popular surgical procedure to correct and improve vision, and reduces an individual's dependence on contact lenses and glasses. It is a very common refractive surgical procedure to correct different types of vision issues, including nearsightedness,...
- What is Chalazion? Know about its Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
What is Chalazion?A chalazion is a benign and painless nodule which can occur in the upper or lower eyelid. It is common and is sometimes called a meibomian cyst or a tarsal cyst. The term chalazion (pronounced kah-la'-ze-on) originates from the Greek word which means a small lump. These nodules...
- What to Expect After Cataract Surgery?
As long as you are healthy, you don’t have any other eye infections and you don’t smoke, your cataract operation recovery should be without much ado. Research shows that several months after the surgery, most people get a positive outcome with better vision, clearer images and no other eye...
- What are the Side Effects of Cataract Surgery?
Cataract is a disease which makes an eye lens to appear cloudy, thus reducing the eyesight. A normal eye lens assists in focusing light onto the retina for clear and undistorted image appearance. When a cataract forms in the eye, it makes images appear blurred and distorted. Although cataracts can...
- Dr. Morgan Huang MD650 W. Duarte Rd Arcadia CA 91007
- Dr. Robert F. Ruper MD436 S Glassell St Orange CA 92866
- Dr. Sean D. Adrean M.D.301 W Bastanchury Rd Fullerton California 92835
- Dr. Natalia Tilki D.O.16260 Ventura Boulevard Encino California 91436
- Dr. Jeffrey V. Winston M.D.101 Laguna Road Fullerton CA 92835
- Eric Downing9100 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 852W Beverly Hills CA 90212