Been in same location for over 25 years. I focus on listening to all patients complains, devote time to educate, diagnose and treat.
Majority of my patients have High bloodpressure, Diabetes, High cholesterol issues, Overweight. Many of my patients have survived up to old age of 100 years.
I try to accomaodate most emergenicies with 48 hiurs, no matter how busy we are. I emphasise follow up visits, education, and compliance. I encourage gracefull aging.
Education and Training
Univ Of Cairo- Fac Of Med- Cairo- Egypt (- Prior /) 1979
University Of Cairo Faculty Of Medicine 1979
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Vicken Poochikian M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Teaching within his Office to Residents -
- Humaitarian Award, Twice, Washington
- 25 Years of Devoted Service to Dimensions Health Care.
- Participated in Many Research Activities in Hypertension, Diabetes, Osteoporosis, Hyperlipidemia, Infectious Diseases, Coronary Artery Disease.
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Vascular Disease
- Providence Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Providence Hospital Program
- Internal Medicine and geriatrics
Professional Society Memberships
- Maryland Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Compassion and Devotion to Patients. I come from a Science-medicine oriented family. My Love and conviction that as a Physician I have responsubility to help other human beings.
Happy patients bring more patients. I do not do on line marketing. I have excellent reviews on line.
I have done medical missions to Armenia. I still support some medical projects.
Teaching and speaking
Give medical education to the local community.
Hobbies / Sports
- Music and Theatre
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal. Annals of Internal Medicine, JAMA
Dr. Vicken Poochikian M.D.'s Practice location
Bladensburg, Maryland 20710Get Direction
BLADENSBURG, MD 20710Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Vicken Poochikian M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Vicken Poochikian M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Poochikian
- Holistic Treatments for Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism is a very common condition in which the thyroid gland is unable to produce adequate hormones to maintain the metabolic levels of the body. Having a low amount of thyroid hormones in the blood affects the energy production in cells. A decrease in thyroid hormones leads to fatigue and...
- How Can I Improve my Metabolic Rate?
A number of factors, apart from your genes, decide the rate at which food is broken down in our body to release much needed energy. This includes body size, age, gender, hormonal levels, and physical activity. Thankfully, metabolic rate can be increased, irrespective of gender, body size, or age.Of...
- There's No Doubt: Active Children Have Healthy Hearts
Vigorous exercise for 30 minutes every day lowers the risk of heart disease in children, when compared to those who do not exercise. Kids who had regular, moderate exercise for 35 minutes a day had very low levels of cholesterol, triglycerides blood glucose levels, blood pressure, and a small waist...
- Fitness Options for New Moms
Robert O. Atlas, MD, O.B.G.Y.N., chair of the department of obstetrics and gynecology at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, is of the opinion that when a woman can resume exercise depends on the individual. Some new moms are ready within two weeks while some others may take a month or so to get back...
- What are the Health Benefits of the Consumption of Pumpkins?
Pumpkins come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Orange or yellow, dark or pale green, these fruits offer loads of health benefits.Health Benefits of Pumpkins...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Dr. John Mamana M.D.1420 Beverly Road McLean Virginia 22101
- Dr. Alan R. Vinitsky M.D2301 Research Blvd Rockville MD 20850
- Dr. Girish Sadashiva Rao MD7700 Old Branch Ave Clinton MD 20735
- Dr. Katharine Spreng Waldmann M.D.3910 Rickover Rd Silver Spring MD 20902
- Dr. Mohammad Khalid MD2730 University Blvd. West Wheaton-Glenmont Maryland 20902
- Dr. Anubhav Mital M.D.3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007