Been in same location for over 25 years. I focus on listening to all patients complains, devote time to educate, diagnose and treat.
Majority of my patients have High bloodpressure, Diabetes, High cholesterol issues, Overweight. Many of my patients have survived up to old age of 100 years.
I try to accomaodate most emergenicies with 48 hiurs, no matter how busy we are. I emphasise follow up visits, education, and compliance. I encourage gracefull aging.
Education and Training
Univ Of Cairo- Fac Of Med- Cairo- Egypt (- Prior /) 1979
University Of Cairo Faculty Of Medicine 1979
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Teaching within his Office to Residents -
- Humaitarian Award, Twice, Washington
- 25 Years of Devoted Service to Dimensions Health Care.
- Participated in Many Research Activities in Hypertension, Diabetes, Osteoporosis, Hyperlipidemia, Infectious Diseases, Coronary Artery Disease.
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Vascular Disease
- Providence Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Providence Hospital Program
- Internal Medicine and geriatrics
Professional Society Memberships
- Maryland Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Compassion and Devotion to Patients. I come from a Science-medicine oriented family. My Love and conviction that as a Physician I have responsubility to help other human beings.
Happy patients bring more patients. I do not do on line marketing. I have excellent reviews on line.
I have done medical missions to Armenia. I still support some medical projects.
Teaching and speaking
Give medical education to the local community.
Hobbies / Sports
- Music and Theatre
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal. Annals of Internal Medicine, JAMA
- George Washington University Hospital
- Prince George's Hospital Cetner
- Doctors Hospital
Dr. Vicken Poochikian M.D.'s Practice location
Bladensburg, Maryland 20710Get Direction
BLADENSBURG, MD 20710Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Vicken Poochikian M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Vicken Poochikian M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Poochikian
- Reduce the Swelling of Your Ankles with These 10 Natural Remedies
Foot or ankle swelling is called edema. Many things, including high blood pressure and pregnancy, can cause this problem. Edema in your feet and ankles occurs when your body is unable to push blood and fluids in them up your legs, so that your ankles and feet swell. Swelling in the feet and ankles...
- 5 Tips on Living with Hypothyroidism
Hyperthyroidism is a health condition in which the body’s metabolism becomes slow, leading to the feeling of fatigue. This is caused by an abnormally low amount of thyroid hormone in the blood. This deficiency is caused by an impaired functioning of the thyroid gland. People may develop this...
- What Causes Lupus?
Lupus is an autoimmune ailment. This means that instead of your body’s regular defense system attacking viruses and bacteria, it destroys healthy tissues. This causes swelling. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, hair loss, rashes, cognitive dysfunction, severe muscle and joint pain, ulcers in the...
- 319 Pill
319 PillThis pill is round in shape and white in color, and has an imprint of number “319”. It has been identified as tramadol hydrochloride 50 mg. It is used to treat restless legs syndrome (RLS), back pain, chronic pain, and fibromyalgia. It is supplied by Zydus Pharmaceuticals and belongs to...
- What Are the Symptoms of Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis refers to a very common, progressive condition, characterized by weak and fragile bones. The bones are so weak that even a small strain may result in fracture. The bones lose its density gradually during the early years and this stage, which is the precursor of osteoporosis, is known as...
- A New Paternity Test Has Been Discovered
Researchers have identified a new way to identify the father from the fetal DNA by the eighth week of pregnancy. This new method is reported in the, New England Journal of Medicine. Peter Benn, PhD, director of the diagnostic medical genetics laboratories at the University of Connecticut Health...
- Dr. John Mamana M.D.1420 Beverly Road McLean Virginia 22101
- Dr. Alan R. Vinitsky M.D2301 Research Blvd Rockville MD 20850
- Dr. Girish Sadashiva Rao MD7700 Old Branch Ave Clinton MD 20735
- Dr. Katharine Spreng Waldmann M.D.3910 Rickover Rd Silver Spring MD 20902
- Dr. Mohammad Khalid MD2730 University Blvd. West Wheaton-Glenmont Maryland 20902
- Dr. Anubhav Mital M.D.1010 Cereal Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45103