Dr. Vicken Poochikian M.D.
Internist5632 Annapolis Road Suite 3 Bladensburg Maryland, 20710
Been in same location for over 25 years. I focus on listening to all patients complains, devote time to educate, diagnose and treat.
Majority of my patients have High bloodpressure, Diabetes, High cholesterol issues, Overweight. Many of my patients have survived up to old age of 100 years.
I try to accomaodate most emergenicies with 48 hiurs, no matter how busy we are. I emphasise follow up visits, education, and compliance. I encourage gracefull aging.
Education and Training
Univ Of Cairo- Fac Of Med- Cairo- Egypt (- Prior /) 1979
University Of Cairo Faculty Of Medicine 1979
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Vicken Poochikian M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Teaching within his Office to Residents -
- Humaitarian Award, Twice, Washington
- 25 Years of Devoted Service to Dimensions Health Care.
- Participated in Many Research Activities in Hypertension, Diabetes, Osteoporosis, Hyperlipidemia, Infectious Diseases, Coronary Artery Disease.
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Vascular Disease
- Internal Medicine and geriatrics
Professional Society Memberships
- Maryland Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Compassion and Devotion to Patients. I come from a Science-medicine oriented family. My Love and conviction that as a Physician I have responsubility to help other human beings.
Happy patients bring more patients. I do not do on line marketing. I have excellent reviews on line.
I have done medical missions to Armenia. I still support some medical projects.
Teaching and speaking
Give medical education to the local community.
Hobbies / Sports
- Music and Theatre
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal. Annals of Internal Medicine, JAMA
Dr. Vicken Poochikian M.D.'s Practice location
Bladensburg, Maryland 20710Get Direction
BLADENSBURG, MD 20710Get Direction
Dr. Vicken Poochikian M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Poochikian
- What Team of Specialists Should I Contact if I Have Meningitis?
As complex as it is, meningitis can sometimes be a threat to life. Treating meningitis can be tricky, hence, it needs a team of medical practitioners to make a diagnosis and offer treatment for the condition. You can call your doctor immediately under the following circumstances:...
- Nail Polish May Contain Toxic Chemicals
According to a California report, some of the polishes and other products used in nail salons contain high levels of toxic chemicals, in spite of label that it is toxic-free. Scientist Valetti Lang, acting manager of the Pollution Prevention Branch of the Department of Toxic Substances Control for...
- Should I Take a Folic Acid Supplement?
Formerly known as folacin, folate is the generic term for both folate and folic acid. It is a B vitamin, which is important for the growth and metabolism of cells. Studies have shown that many people do not get enough folic acid from diet alone.Why do people take folic acid supplements?For pregnant...
- Scabies Rash Pictures
What is scabies?Scabies is a contagious skin condition characterized by small and itchy red spots caused by a tiny mite called Sarcoptes scabiei. Mites tend to burrow into the skin, which urges an individual to itch. Itching often worsens during nighttime. Scabies can spread through prolonged...
- Life and Work: Maintaining a Delicate Balance
Finding the right balance between work and life can be difficult. According to psychologist Robert Brooks, PhD, the co-author of The Power of Resilience: Achieving Balance, Confidence, and Personal Strength in Your Life, most people put in extra hours at work thinking that their layoffs and...
- Black Stool: What Does It Mean?
What does a black stool indicate?A black or dark red-colored stool is called tarry or bloody stools. However, passing dark-colored stools is not always caused by serious problems. One of the most common causes of black stools is the consumption of iron supplements, particularly in people who have...
- Dr. John Mamana M.D.1420 Beverly Road McLean Virginia 22101
- Dr. Alan R. Vinitsky M.D2301 Research Blvd Rockville MD 20850
- Dr. Girish Sadashiva Rao MD7700 Old Branch Ave Clinton MD 20735
- Dr. Katharine Spreng Waldmann M.D.3910 Rickover Rd Silver Spring MD 20902
- Dr. Mohammad Khalid MD2730 University Blvd. West Wheaton-Glenmont Maryland 20902
- Dr. Anubhav Mital M.D.3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007