Dr. Alan Singer is a podiatrist practicing in Bethesda, Maryland. Dr. Singer is a medical doctor specializing in the treatment of the foot , ankle and related parts of the leg. As a podiatrist, Dr. Singer diagnoses and treats conditions of the feet. The feet are key body parts that give a person stability, absorb shock, allow for walking and standing and are necessary for overall well-being. So, the feet need expert care. Podiatrists can specialize in surgery, wound care, sports medicine, diabetic care and pediatrics.
Education and Training
American Board of Podiatric Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local and Regional Public speaking -
- Suburban Hospital
- Georgetown University Hospital
Dr. Alan E. Singer DPM, FASPM, CA's Practice location
Bethesda, Maryland 20817Get Direction
Dr. Alan E. Singer DPM, FASPM, CA's reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes My Ankles and Feet to Swell?
We often see the troublesome swelling in our ankles and feet, which affects our movements. Fortunately, this swelling is not very serious and you shouldn't worry about it if you are physically active. If swelling is associated with serious symptoms, it does require medical attention as it may be an...
- Plantar Fasciitis Exercises and Remedies
The plantar fascia is a particular part of your foot that takes up most of the pressure of your weight, which is why it is often strained. Moreover, if you have been sitting down in a chair or the sofa for too long and get up suddenly, it can cause the plantar fascia to suddenly flare up. The...
- Plantar Fasciitis: Treatment and Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
Meaning of Plantar FasciitisOne of the most common causes of heel pain is called plantar fasciitis. A flat band of ligament or tissue connects the heel bone to the toes. This ligament is called the plantar fascia, which also provides support to the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is...
- Being Diagnosed with Diabetes
The disease begins with a feeling of increased thirst, urination or unexplained weight changes. These symptoms should warrant a visit to the doctor so as to get your blood sugar tested. If the blood sugar level is more than 200 mg/dL, consider performing a sugar test. If you are unsure of the...
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...
- What It's Like to Live with Type 2 Diabetes
Adapting to a healthier dietA type 2 diabetes patient needs to shift from an unhealthy diet and adapt to a much healthier diet. The recommended diet for type 2 diabetes patients includes three healthy daily meals. A type 2 diabetes patient is at risk of developing cardiovascular problems, so the...
- Dr. Michael Hercules Theodoulou D.P.M.230 Highland Ave Somerville MA 02143
- Dr. Amit Luhadiya D.P.M700 2nd St, NE Washington DC 20002
- Dr. Steven Selby Blanken DPM10313 Georgia Avenue Silver Spring Maryland 20902
- Christopher E Majewski DPM20528 Boland Farm Rd Germantown MD 20876
- Dr. Michael Jay Frank D.P.M.7900 Old Branch Ave. Clinton MD 20735
- Dr. Paul Cannon DPM104a E Broad St Falls Church VA 22046