Dr. Preeti Mehta is a gastroenterologist practicing in New Hyde Park, New York. Dr. Mehta specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Mehta performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Mt. Sinai Medical School
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY M.D. 1999
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Instructor, NY Hospital Queens -
- Patients' Choice Award2014, 2016Patients' Choice
- On-Time Doctor Award2016On-Time Doctor
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition2016Compassionate Doctor
- Colonoscopy & Colon Cancer Screening
- Upper Endoscopy
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Hemorrhoid Removal
- Esophageal Manometry
- 48-hour PH Monitoring
- Acid Reflux Treatment
- Diarrhea Treament, Diarrhea Causes
- Professional MemberAmerican Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Professional MemberAmerican College of Gastroenterology
- Professional MemberAmerican Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- Professional MemberAmerican Gastroenterology Association
- North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY Internal Medicine
- North Shore University Hosp.
- North Shore LIJ
- SUNY Upstate Medical Center (Hepatology)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Gastroenterological Association, American College of Gastroenterology
Articles and Publications
- Published in World Journal of Gastroenterology
What do you attribute your success to?
- Providing Quality Compassionate Care, Treating Patients like Family
- North Shore Long Island Jewish
- New York Hospital of Queens
Dr. Preeti Mehta, MD's Practice location
New Hyde Park, New York 11040Get Direction
Forest Hills, NY 11375Get Direction
Lake Success, NY 11042Get Direction
Hicksville, NY 11801Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Preeti Mehta, MD | Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Preeti Mehta, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Get to know Gastroenterologist Dr. Preeti Mehta, who serves patients in Lake Success, New York.
Dr. Mehta is a board-certified gastroenterologist who is currently serving patients at Digestive Disease Care in Lake Success, New York. “At Digestive Disease Care, you’ll discover a team of highly skilled, board-certified digestive specialists who provide high-quality, comprehensive GI care, from the most basic to the most advanced. We deliver thorough, comprehensive and accurate diagnoses using the latest diagnostic and treatment technology. Our leading-edge procedures include noninvasive endoscopic ultrasound and capsule endoscopy” as stated on the practice’s website.
Dr. Mehta is board-certified in gastroenterology and hepatology by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM). The ABIM is a physician-led, non-profit, independent evaluation organization driven by doctors who want to achieve higher standards for better care in a rapidly changing world.
Dr. Mehta earned her medical degree from Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. She then went on to complete her internship and residency at North Shore University Hospital. She also completed her research fellowship in hepatology at New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, and Rockefeller University. Furthermore, Dr. Mehta completed her advanced endoscopy fellowship in endoscopic ultrasound at The State University of New York Upstate Medical University, as well as her clinical fellowship in gastroenterology & hepatology at the same university.
Dr. Mehta is a member of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, and the American Gastroenterology Association. “Because I consider my patients as my family, I make myself accessible and I make a personal commitment to each one. I hope to give them prompt, effective, compassionate care and relief from their discomfort” as stated by Dr. Mehta.
Gastroenterology is the branch of medicine focused on the digestive system and its disorders. A gastroenterologist, like Dr. Mehta, is a physician who has extensive training in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the esophagus, stomach, intestines, and biliary system. “I chose gastroenterology because it is a procedure-intense specialty that requires manual dexterity and the ability to solve problems analytically” as stated by Dr. Mehta.
Dr. Mehta is a mother of three. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family. She attributes her success to providing quality compassionate care and treating patients like family.
- Celiac Diagnoses Are Soaring. What's Behind This Surge?
It's true. Many people today have dietary restrictions. Some may have an allergy to nuts, while others might not eat meat or dairy. One diet that is very popular right now is the gluten-free diet. The number of people that are on a gluten-free diet today is only increasing. In fact, as many as 3.1...
- Rate of Inflammatory Bowel Disease Jumps 15% in Industrialized Countries
Every year, around 600,000 Americans are diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), a group of chronic, inflammatory disorders that vary in root cause and degree of inflammation. Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are two of the most common inflammatory disorders that affect the lining...
- Is My Diarrhea Caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
What is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common gut disorder. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unlike inflammatory bowel disease and differs from other bowel conditions. It is a group of several symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, cramping, constipation,...
- How Is Diarrhea Diagnosed?
Diarrhea is a waterborne and foodborne disease that may occur due to an infection caused by viruses, bacteria, or parasites. Diarrhea can also happen as a side effect from food allergies and food intolerances. The condition is characterized by loose or watery stools, which is usually accompanied by...
- Cheerios Drops "Gluten-Free" Claim in Canada, But Not U.S.
Recently Canada dropped the gluten-free designation for Cheerios made by General Mills. However, the boxes produced in the United States still claim the cereal is okay for those who have celiac disease.Is there a different definition of gluten-free from Canada to the US? Well, the US may allow the...
- Is Jaundice Fatal?
Jaundice is not fatal. It is a medical condition that leads to the yellowing of the eyes, mucous membranes, as well as the skin. This disorder is commonly associated with high levels of bilirubin in the human blood. This condition itself isn’t deadly; however, if the condition is not treated...
- Dr. Santa Nandi MD120 Bethpage Road Hicksville New York 11801
- Dr. Gil I. Ascunce M.D.161 Madison Ave Suite 10 SW New York NY 10016
- Dr. Iheanyichukwu Aja-Onu M.D.1 Healthy Way Oceanside NY 11572
- Dr. Paul Bermanski MD195 East Main Street Huntington New York 11743
- Dr. Jerome H. Siegel MD305 2nd Avenue New York New York 10003
- Rupa K. Sharma M.D.232 E 30h St New York New York 10016