Michael J. Langworthy, MD, maintains a position in Southcoast Health System located in New Bedford, Massachusetts. At Southcoast, Dr. Langworthy offers is 15 years of experience and skill in orthopedic surgery. As a Board certified orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Langworthy has specific expertise and training in adult pelvis and joint reconstruction. An active physician in his field, he is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, speaks around the globe, and has provided numerous publications on his expertise and research. Earlier in his career, Dr. Langworthy was a dedicated US Navy Pilot; and through those experiences he learned the discipline that he utilizes today within his practices and patients.
Education and Training
University of Michigan Medical School
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 1993
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery- Orthopedic Surgery
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Officer in Charge of Naval Operations Support Command Battle Creek -
- Given Over 100 Presentations Internationally -
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking -
- Patient's Choice Award, Vitals.com, 2008-2011
- Spectrum Hlth-Blodgett Campus, Orthopedic Surgery
- Michigan State University
- Michigan State University
- University of California, San Diego (Adult Pelvis and Joint Reconstruction)
Professional Society Memberships
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, World Congress of the International Cartilage Repair Society
Articles and Publications
- Around 20 Publications in Orthopedic Journals
What do you attribute your success to?
- Discipline, Education, Technology, Training Experience as a Navy Pilot
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Traveling
Dr. Michael Langworthy MD's Practice location
New Bedford, Massachusetts 02740Get Direction
NORTH DARTMOUTH, MA 02747Get Direction
North Dartmouth, MA 02747Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michael Langworthy MD | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michael Langworthy MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Langworthy
- Recovering from Knee Replacement Surgery
Proper rehabilitation and a well-carried out recovery give you the chance to get back on your feet and continue an active lifestyle after knee replacement surgery. Setting and working toward goals will hasten healing and improve your chances for long-term success. It is important to commit to a plan...
- Risk Factors For Bursitis
Bursitis is a condition that can affect just about anyone, depending on different conditions such as the environment, regular activities the person engages in, or even the current health status of a person. The condition more commonly affects the elderly, women, and people with very weak...
- What Is Whiplash? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
When people suffer from a whiplash, they experience severe pain in the lower neck region, which can spread over their shoulders, arms, and head. They can also suffer from headaches, numbness, and a painful stiff neck. The pain gets accelerated faster in the area around the neck, which needs to be...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Efforts for Muscular Dystrophy Research
There is vast research going into the effort to find new ways to combat Muscular Dystrophy. Before any new treatment can see the light of the day, it undergoes a series of testing called clinical trials. When a patient is part of a clinical trial, they benefit from cutting-edge treatment that...
- 7 Things that Should be Known About Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy (MD) is a genetic disorder characterized by progressive muscle weakness and degeneration. MD is a progressive disorder which means that it worsens over time. It affects skeletal muscles that are responsible for controlling body movement and eventually affects other organs. There...
- Dr. Richard Smith MD.235 Hanover St Fall River MA 02720
- Dr. James Worthington MD1030 President Avenue Fall River MA 02720
- Dr. Matthew S Baltz MDONE RECOVERY ROAD WAREHAM MA 02571
- Dr. Brad Green DO235 Hanover St Fall River MA 02720
- Dr. Christopher Nicholas Chihlas MD479 SWANSEA MALL DR SWANSEA MA 02777
- Dr. Joseph Timothy Lifrak MD479 Swansea Mall Drive Swansea MA 02777