Michael R. Abidin, MD, works at Metropolitan ENT in Alexandria, Virginia. He specializes in various treatment for the ear, nose, and throat; and is specially trained in facial plastic reconstructive surgery for burns and/or trauma. A book reviewer for Aesthetic Reconstruction of the Nose, Dr. Abidin has been featured on Fox, CNN, MSNBC and Bravo and holds over 20 US patents on ENT surgical inventions.
Education and Training
University of Virginia
Univ of Va Sch of Med, Charlottesville Va 1988
University of Virginia School of Medicine 1988
American Board of Otolaryngology
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
- Laparoscopic repositioning of malfunctioning peritoneal dialysis catheters.
- Use of immediate postoperative mastectomy prostheses.
- Outcomes of hyoid myotomy and suspension using a mandibular screw suspension system.
- Carburetor burns: preventable injuries associated with high morbidity and frequent litigation.
- Emergency medicine magnifying loupes.
- Computed tomography diagnosis of acute facial swelling in an adult hemophiliac.
- Exploding ammunition.
- Hydrofitness devices for strengthening upper extremity muscles.
- Evaluation of buoyant hydrofitness devices for leg musculoskeletal conditioning.
- Pathologic quiz case 2. Teflon granuloma of the vocal fold and anterior of the neck.
- Repositioning maneuver for benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV).
- New safety skin hooks.
- The many faces of sleep disturbance.
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Otolaryngology, Sleep Apnea, Plastic Surgery
- Hearing Loss
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Ear Infection
- Deviated Septum
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Med, Otolaryngology; Johns Hopkins Hosp, General Surgery
- Johns Hopkins University Affiliated Hospitals 1993
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Program A
- Johns Hopkins Hospital (Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery)
- Otolaryngology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland USA 1994
- Tampa General Hospital, Johns Hopkins Medical Center 1994 1995
- Johns hopkins Hospital
- Tampa General Hospital (Facial and Reconstructive Surgery); Johns Hopkins Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Otolaryngology, American Academy of Facial and Plastic Reconstructive Surgery
Articles and Publications
- Has been Published and Reviewed a Book
What do you attribute your success to?
- Focus on Patient Care, Making a Difference
Areas of research
- Neck Liposuction and Sleep Apnea, etc.
Hobbies / Sports
- Anova Fairfax Hospital
- Anova Alexandra Hospital
Dr. Michael R. Abidin MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michael R. Abidin MD | Ear-Nose and Throat Doctor (ENT)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michael R. Abidin MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Abidin
- Recovery from Blepharoplasty
Eyelid incisions normally take 5 to 7 days to heal and become ready for the removal of sutures. The patient can start doing usual activities again within 7 to 10 days and wear contact lenses within 14 days.Redness and bruising around the eyes can be concealed with cosmetics. It is important for...
- What is Sinusitis?
The swelling or inflammation of the lining of the sinuses is what is called sinusitis or sinus infection. The sinuses are filled with air if they are healthy but in some cases, they can be blocked and filled with fluid and germs which end up causing infection.Blockage of the sinuses is due to any of...
- What Are the Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer?
Abnormal growth and division of the cells in one or both the ovaries in women is referred to as ovarian cancer. The abnormal cells of this cancer are capable of invading other organs in the body, like the fallopian tubes and the uterus. The cells may break off from the main growth region and form...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Reasons Why You Need a Tonsillectomy
A tonsillectomy is a surgical procedure performed to get rid of one's tonsils. The same procedure can be used to remove the adenoids. For adults, the administration of a local anesthesia to numb the throat is enough. However, children may have to be given general anesthesia, which makes them...
- What Is Central Vertigo?
Types of VertigoWhen the world seems as though it is spinning, without cause, it is time to check with a doctor. There are two common forms of vertigo; central and peripheral....
- Jerome S. Schwartz5454 Wisconsin Avenue Chevy Chase Maryland 20815
- Dr. Timothy James Egan M.D.3299 Woodburn Rd Annandale VA 22003
- Dr. Eric Charles Sklarew MD10810 Connecticut Ave Kensington MD 20895
- Dr. Neeraj Gupta MD9380f Forestwood Lane Manassas VA 20110
- Dr. Nora Malaisrie MD3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Bryan Anthony Mckenzie M.D.8316 Arlington Blvd Fairfax VA 22031