Michael R. Abidin, MD, works at Metropolitan ENT in Alexandria, Virginia. He specializes in various treatment for the ear, nose, and throat; and is specially trained in facial plastic reconstructive surgery for burns and/or trauma. A book reviewer for Aesthetic Reconstruction of the Nose, Dr. Abidin has been featured on Fox, CNN, MSNBC and Bravo and holds over 20 US patents on ENT surgical inventions.
Education and Training
University of Virginia
Univ of Va Sch of Med, Charlottesville Va 1988
University of Virginia School of Medicine 1988
American Board of Otolaryngology
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
- Laparoscopic repositioning of malfunctioning peritoneal dialysis catheters.
- Use of immediate postoperative mastectomy prostheses.
- Outcomes of hyoid myotomy and suspension using a mandibular screw suspension system.
- Carburetor burns: preventable injuries associated with high morbidity and frequent litigation.
- Emergency medicine magnifying loupes.
- Computed tomography diagnosis of acute facial swelling in an adult hemophiliac.
- Exploding ammunition.
- Hydrofitness devices for strengthening upper extremity muscles.
- Evaluation of buoyant hydrofitness devices for leg musculoskeletal conditioning.
- Pathologic quiz case 2. Teflon granuloma of the vocal fold and anterior of the neck.
- Repositioning maneuver for benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV).
- New safety skin hooks.
- The many faces of sleep disturbance.
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Otolaryngology, Sleep Apnea, Plastic Surgery
- Hearing Loss
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Ear Infection
- Deviated Septum
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Med, Otolaryngology; Johns Hopkins Hosp, General Surgery
- Johns Hopkins University Affiliated Hospitals 1993
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Program A
- Johns Hopkins Hospital (Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery)
- Otolaryngology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland USA 1994
- Tampa General Hospital, Johns Hopkins Medical Center 1994 1995
- Johns hopkins Hospital
- Tampa General Hospital (Facial and Reconstructive Surgery); Johns Hopkins Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Otolaryngology, American Academy of Facial and Plastic Reconstructive Surgery
Articles and Publications
- Has been Published and Reviewed a Book
What do you attribute your success to?
- Focus on Patient Care, Making a Difference
Areas of research
- Neck Liposuction and Sleep Apnea, etc.
Hobbies / Sports
Dr. Michael R. Abidin MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michael R. Abidin MD | Ear-Nose and Throat Doctor (ENT)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michael R. Abidin MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Abidin
- Treatments for Sinusitis
Sinusitis is a common infection, although most people who suffer from the condition use ineffective treatments. Before going to the pharmacy, you should first learn about the appropriate treatment for your condition.Sinuses are tiny openings found in the skull and are usually filled with air. They...
- Alternative Treatments for Sinusitis
Sinusitis is an ailment that usually affects almost 37 million individuals in the U.S. only. Sinusitis often begins with cold-like symptoms such as a runny nose, nasal congestion, and facial pain/headache. Sinus swelling and blockage can create pressure that causes a serious agonizing pain inside...
- What Is Cauliflower Ear: Causes and Treatments
What is cauliflower ear?When we talk about the term “cauliflower ear”, it refers to a kind of deformity of the ear. It can be due to various causes such as an injury or blunt trauma to the ear during a wrestling or boxing match. If this injury is not treated in a timely manner, then it can lead...
- What is Sleep Apnea?
This is a sleep disorder which remains undiagnosed in most cases. In this disorder, a person’s breathing stops or gets interrupted during sleep, affecting the oxygen distribution to different organs. People affected by sleep apnea often stop sleeping briefly during the night.Two types of sleep...
- Can Sinusitis Cause Vomiting?
Can Sinusitis Cause Vomiting?Sinusitis is a medical condition that can be accompanied by a wide range of symptoms. The symptoms vary between individuals and also between adults and children. Yes, sinusitis can cause vomiting, but it occurs only in specific or rare cases, usually when the condition...
- What to Expect After an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?The adenoids are found in the upper back part of the mouth known as nasopharynx. You cannot possibly see adenoids through the nose. They are more like the tonsils. They also produce white cells which help fight harmful germs that get into the body through the nose or the mouth....
- Jerome S. Schwartz5454 Wisconsin Avenue Chevy Chase Maryland 20815
- Dr. Timothy James Egan M.D.3299 Woodburn Rd Annandale VA 22003
- Dr. Alidad Arabshahi MD12731 Marblestone Dr Woodbridge VA 22192
- Dr. Michelle M Roeser MD8314 TRAFORD LN SPRINGFIELD VA 22152
- Dr. Giancarlo Massimo Chiancone MD13950 BRANDYWINE RD BRANDYWINE MD 20613
- Dr. Karen L Hermansen M.D.6231 LEESBURG PIKE FALL CHURCH VA 22044