Dr. Viktor Eysselein is a gastroenterologist practicing in Torrance, California. Dr. Eysselein specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Eysselein performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
University of Wuerzberg
Univ Wurzburg, Med Fak, Wurzburg, Germany 1978
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universit‰t M¸nchen Medizinische Fakult‰t 1978
University of Wurzburg
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Guest Lecturer and Clinical Professor of Medicine -
- Thannhauser Award for the Discovery of Cholecystokinin-58.
- Heisenberg Award of the German Research Society
- UCLA Distinguished FacultyTeaching Award in Gastroenterology.
- Best Doctors in America Award (2010-2013)
- Southern California Super Doctors (2011-2013)Castle Connolty's Top Doctors for Torrance Award (2013)
- Southern California Super Doctors (2009-2013), Los Angeles Magazinee
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Hiatal Hernia
- Acid Reflux
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Stomach Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
- University of Essen
- Diagnosis and staging of gastrointestinal tumors, biliary and pancreatic disease, palliation of obstructing gastrointestinal tumors, and treatment of Barrett??s esophagus with dysplasia. Endoscopic Fundoplication (Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication, TIF) for gastroesophageal reflux.
- University of Essen
- UCLA Medical Center (Endoscopy)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Gastroenterological Association, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, American College of Physicians, ACG, Western Society for Clnical Investigation
Articles and Publications
- Many Publications, Featured in over 100 Manuscripts
What do you attribute your success to?
Areas of research
- Transoral Incisional Fundoplication (TIF) for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease.Characterization of Pancreas Cysts by Genetic Analysis.Diagnosis of Pancreas Cancers by Genetic Analysis.Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease by JAK inhibitors. Eradication of Barrett's Esophagus with Dysplasiaby Radiofrequency Ablation and Endoscopic Mucosal Resection.
- Working in a LA County Hospital
Teaching and speaking
Symposium on Interventional Endoscopy (live demonstrations), Harbor-UCLA Medical Center together with California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco), September 21, 2012, Symposium Director, Viktor Eysselein, MD.
19th International Symposium on Pancreatic Biliary Endoscopy, January 2012, Moderator.
Symposium on Interventional Endoscopy (live demonstrations), Harbor-UCLA Medical Center together with California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco), October 7, 2011, Symposium Director, Viktor Eysselein, MD.
Presentation at Symposium on Interventional Endoscopy, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, October 7, 2011, “Pancreas cysts: Diagnosis and management.”.
Spray Cryotherapy Users Group Meeting, April 19, 2011, Los Angeles. “Spry Cryo + RFA Combo treatment/ Cryo and benign strictures.”
18th International Symposium on Pancreatic Biliary Endoscopy, January 2011, Moderator.
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Surgery Grand Rounds, November 10, 2010: “Endosonography – An Update and New Development.”
Lecture for GI fellows of the Affiliated UCLA Training Program, VA Main Hospital, January 15, 2010: “Endosonography – An Update.”
Symposium on Interventional Endoscopy (live demonstrations), Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, September 24, 2010, Symposium Director, Viktor Eysselein, MD.
Presentation at Symposium on Interventional Endoscopy, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, September 24, 2010. “Placement of fully covered metal stents in benign biliary strictures.”
Hobbies / Sports
- Sailing, Tennis, Haking
Favorite professional publications
- Endoscope, Gastroinestinal Endoscopy
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center
- Little Company of Mary Hospital
Dr. Viktor E Eysselein M.D.'s Practice location
Torrance, California 90502Get Direction
TORRANCE, CA 90502Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Viktor E Eysselein M.D. | Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Viktor E Eysselein M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Eysselein
- There Is Still No Proven Way to Prevent Celiac Disease
Celiac disease is not as uncommon as it used to be. As more and more diagnoses are coming up, gluten-free products have been crowding all along the shelves at several supermarkets. For those who have researched the disease a little deeper, they have already found that celiac disease is a genetic...
- Chef with Celiac Disease Boasts About Her Well-Deserved Chopped Victory!
Have you ever watched Chopped where contestants are given weird ingredients and told to come up with something great in a matter of minutes? Nicole Marchetti was given tuna belly, black radishes, bacon popcorn, and key limes as her main ingredients. What in the world could someone cook with that? ...
- Stomach Ulcers: Signs, Symptoms and Treatment
An ulcer in the stomach is primarily a result of an infection that occurs due to a germ which is known as Helicobacter pylori or H. pylori. This germ is a bacteria that triggers an infection in the digestive system. Usually, medications which are mainly acid suppressants take about four to eight...
- Probiotics May Not Relieve Constipation in Children
According to a new study published in the journal, Pediatrics, probiotics may not improve constipation in children more than any other dairy product that does not contain probiotics. This is different from the effect of probiotics in adults where it is supposed to give good relief from...
- Balancing Mental Health and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
There are several misunderstandings about the relationship between mental health and inflammatory bowel diseases, such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. For instance, individuals who know very little about the diseases believe that emotions, such as tension and nervousness, can actually...
- The Real, Everyday Differences Between Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s
If you are experiencing chronic gastrointestinal issues, you may have ulcerative colitis (UC) or Crohn’s disease. Both are two of the most common types of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), affecting more than 1.6 million Americans. ...
- Dr. Jeffrey H. Sherman MD8631 West 3rd Street Los Angeles California 90048
- Dr. Said Rahban MD6333 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048
- Ian Renner5901 W. Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90036
- Dr. Emeran A Mayer MD100 UCLA Medical Plaza Los Angeles California 90095
- Dr. Farshid Sam Rahbar M.D., FACP2080 Century Park E Los Angeles CA 90067
- Dr. Erik G. Kerekes M.D.2880 Atlantic Avenue Long Beach CA 90806