Rosalyn Porter, MD, works at Chicago Family Health Center in Chicago, Illinois. She specializes in obstetric and gynecological care for women, and also maintains a post at Holy Cross and Advocate Trinity Hospitals.
Dr. Rosalyn Porter M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Biophysical characterization of infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus.
- Early Detection and Mitigation of Resistance to Bt Maize by Western Corn Rootworm (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae).
- Lepidoptera (Crambidae, Noctuidae, and Pyralidae) Injury to Corn Containing Single and Pyramided Bt Traits, and Blended or Block Refuge, in the Southern United States.
- Impact of Lepidoptera (Crambidae, Noctuidae, and Pyralidae) Pests on Corn Containing Pyramided Bt Traits and a Blended Refuge in the Southern United States.
- Scattered wave inversion by image projections.
- Diffraction tomography by a method of image projections.
- Immunological responsiveness and tolerance of marmoset lymphoid tissue in vitro.
- In vitro proliferation and differentiation of hemic precursor cells from marrow
- Radiosensitivity of the tamarin to whole-body irradiation.
- Transplantation in the marmoset (Callithricidae): a technic for orthotopic, fitted skin grafts.
- Immunological tolerance and rejection of skin allografts in hhe marmoset.
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Chair/Medical Director of Obstetrics and Gynecology Holy Cross Hospital 2016 - 2018
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- PLAN International
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
What do you attribute your success to?
- Lifelong Dream to Become a Doctor and Make a Difference
Hobbies / Sports
- Scuba Diving, Waterwater Rafting, Traveling
Dr. Rosalyn Porter M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60609Get Direction
Chicago, Illinois 60629Get Direction
CHICAGO, IL 60617Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60637Get Direction
Dr. Rosalyn Porter M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Porter
- What Causes HIV?
HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) is a viral disease that can be passed and spread by a number of ways including sexual contact and childbirth if the pregnant mother is infected. HIV is a disease that destroys the body's immune system, and it is considered a sexually transmitted disease...
- Can Snacking Help Promote Weight Loss?
You may find yourself wondering how to maintain a healthy and slim physique without eliminating snacks. In the past, diet programs often eliminated snacking as the first and fastest way to reduce calories. Today, common knowledge is that snacks don't prevent weight loss if smart choices are made. In...
- Pink Chair Project Celebrates Survivors of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among American women, with the exception of skin cancers. It is also the second leading cause of death among women, after lung cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that there are over 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States,...
- What Are the Causes of Cervical Cancer?
Cervical cancer is a form of cancer that affects the cells in the cervix. It is also known to be the third most common cancer in females. It is a treatable condition if detected at its early stage. Cervical cancer is also the most common cancer type in females who are under 35 years old. There are...
- What is Cervical Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy is a form of medical therapy that uses extremely low temperatures of about -110 degrees Celsius to help the body heal from physical exertion. Normally, this practice is done in a cryotherapy chamber that encloses the entire body from the neck down, but the same technology can be...
- When and How Is Ferrous Sulfate Used?
What is ferrous sulfate?Ferrous sulfate is a form of iron that can be obtained through supplements. Our bodies mostly get iron through the different types of food we consume. Iron becomes a part of myoglobin and hemoglobin once it is inside the body. Myoglobin enables the storage of oxygen in...
- Dr. Radha Burtch M.D.1900 W Polk St Chicago IL 60612
- Preeti Jhaveri1300 West Devon Chicago Illinois 60660
- Dr. Micaela Della Torre M.D.1740 W Taylor St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Deslyn Browne MD1431 N Western Ave Chicago IL 60622
- Dr. Kornelia E. Krol MD6438 North Central Avenue Chicago Illinois 60646
- Dr. Eiman H. El-Tag M.D.11330 S HARLEM AVE WORTH IL 60482