Dr. A. Alexander is a dermatologist practicing in Tampa, Florida. Dr. Alexander specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Alexander diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
American Board of Dermatology
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Speaking for Peers, CME and Research Presentations -
- Past Assistant professor at Howard University, Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Maryland -
- howard University
- Washington VA Medical Center
- Howard University; University of the West Indies (Infectious Disease)
Professional Society Memberships
- National Medical Association
Articles and Publications
- 8 Peer Reviewed Works
What do you attribute your success to?
- Being motivated by his Parents, Having had Good Professors, Always Having a Focus on his Goals
Areas of research
- Research on Skin Problems Associated with Shaving in the Military
Hobbies / Sports
- Chess, Automobiles, Travel
Favorite professional publications
- Dermatology World, Journal of the National Medical Association
A. Melvin Alexander's Practice location
Tampa, Florida 33614Get Direction
Request An Appointment With A. Melvin Alexander | Dermatologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
A. Melvin Alexander's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Symptoms of Cold Sores?
What are cold sores?Cold sores or fever blisters are a very common perioral condition caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of herpes simplex virus. Type 1 usually causes cold sores, although in some cases, the cold sores can also be caused by type 2. It is usually...
- Everything You Need to Know About the Chicken Pox Vaccine
The chicken pox vaccine is the medicine given to people who are susceptible to the disease and hence protects one against the vaccine. This vaccine that causes the chickenpox disease is the varicella vaccine. This chicken pox vaccine is usually excavated from a weak virus. This weak virus is...
- Causes, Treatment, and Prevention of Petechiae
Petechiae are tiny dots that appear as red, brown, or purple in color beneath the skin. They are usually seen in clusters on the stomach, buttocks, arms, and legs. However, they may also appear inside the mouth or on the eyelids. Petechiae may indicate different conditions, which can range from...
- What Does Melanoma Look Like?
Most people have at least a few moles since they are common markings on the skin. Unfortunately, the signs of melanoma can be easily mistaken for moles until the disease progresses. Everyone should be familiar with the distinguishing characteristics of melanoma, as this knowledge can save lives. If...
- Male Pattern Baldness
According to a new study published in the journal, Science Translational Medicine, the root cause for the male pattern baldness is the presence of abnormal amounts of protein, prostaglandin D2, in the scalp. Prostaglandin D2 and its derivatives are known to inhibit the growth of hair. Male pattern...
- What Is Acne: Get the Facts
Acne is a condition that affects the oil glands of the skin. The pores connect to oil glands underneath the skin. These glands form an oily substance referred to as sebum. The pores then link to the glands via a canal known as the follicle. Inside these follicles, oil transports dead skin cells...
- Dr. Thomas J. Sultenfuss M.D.1022 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698
- Dr. Thomas O. McMeekin M.D.5210 WEBB RD TAMPA FL 33615
- Graham Chriss4238 W Kennedy Blvd Tampa FL 33609
- Dr. Maria Hicks M.D.4915 EHRLICH RD TAMPA FL 33624
- Mrs. Rachel Epstein D.O.2454 N McMullen Booth Rd Clearwater FL 33759
- Dr. Christopher David Ewanowski M.D.13007 Summerfield Square Dr. Riverview FL 33578