Susama Verma, MD, maintains her own private practice based out of Syracuse, New York. Dr. Verma has been a practicing neurologist for nearly 10 years and has attained certification from the esteemed American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology for her outstanding work and achievements. Within her practice, Dr. Verma offers numerous services to her patients such as infectious disease care and HIV neurology. HIV neurological complications result from damage caused by the virus itself, but also from other side effects of HIV and AIDS, such as cancers that are associated with these diseases. To remain up-to-date in the field and any advancements in technology or procedures, Dr. Verma is active in the American Medical Association and the New York State Medical Society as well.
Education and Training
Patna Medical College, Patna University
Patna Medical College 1989
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Neurology
Dr. Susama Verma MD's Expert Contributions
Gelastic seizures are epileptic events which are typically characterized by sudden and involuntary bursts of energy usually in the form of laughing, coughing, barking or crying. It is preceded by an aura of deja vu type of feelings. It is followed by focal onset seizure. It is associated with the presence of hypothalamic hemartoma. It is characteristically refractory to medical treatments. Currently the best recognized treatment is ablation of hypothalamic hematoma. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Parkinson's Disease
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (ms)
- Memory Loss
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Abnormal Gait
- Suny Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, Ny
- SUNY Medical University
- Mount Sinai
- Mt. Sinai Medical School
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, New York State Medical Society
Articles and Publications
- Has Had Articles and Book Chapters Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Passion for the Medical Field, Making a Difference in Patient's Lives, Continuing Education
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Reading, Traveling
Dr. Susama Verma MD's Practice location
Syracuse, New York 13210Get Direction
SYRACUSE, NY 13210Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Susama Verma MD | Neurologist | Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Susama Verma MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machine: Gel, Cleaner, and Price
Sleep apnea is a sleep breathing disorder. It is characterized by repetitive pauses in breathing, which may occur several times per hour and may last for 10 seconds. It is usually a chronic condition. It results in poor sleep quality and excessive sleepiness in daytime. The most common type is...
- Drugs That Reduce Stickiness of Blood May Reduce Dementia by 48 Percent
It has been long known that drugs that reduce the stickiness of blood help to keep the arteries and heart healthy and decrease the risk of cardiovascular events. Now, there is increasing evidence that these drugs may also help to reduce the incidence of dementia by as much as 48 percent.Several...
- What to Do If a Child Has a Febrile Seizure?
Febrile SeizureA febrile seizure usually occurs when your child has a fever or high body temperature. It can also happen without brain inflammation or certain metabolic disorders. Even though febrile seizures occur with fever, you may not notice an increase in your child’s body temperature until...
- Bedroom Talk: Sex, Erectile Dysfunction, and Parkinson's Disease
Sex, one of the many natural aspects of human behavior, involves passion, immense trust, and great vulnerability as people find themselves sharing a close and physically intimate moment with another person. It offers a brief moment of liberation from the often time dull reality or for some, a way...
- Blocking Enzymes May Be the Key to Alzheimer's Treatment
Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have been working on a potential new treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. They are honing in on the genetics involved, hoping to hijack enzymes to do the job.There are genes that turn on to help us make new memories.It’s been shown in...
- Canadian Olympian to Help Support Battle Against Multiple Sclerosis
Christine Sinclair, the captain of the Canadian women's soccer teams, helped her teams win Olympic bronze medals on two separate occasions. Now, she is helping A&W Burgers battle against multiple sclerosis (MS).The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada stated publicly that Sinclair is planning on...
- Dr. Melissa W Ko MD90 Presidential Plz Syracuse NY 13202
- Dr. Ziad Mk El-zammar MD90 Presidential Plz Syracuse NY 13202
- Dr. Dragos L Mihaila M.D.90 Presidential Plz Syracuse NY 13202
- Dr. Sushma Manda M.D.,750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Luis J Mejico M.D.90 Presidential Plz Syracuse NY 13202
- Dr. Rajdeep Singh MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210