Dr. Susama Verma MD
Neurologist | Electrodiagnostic Medicine1816 Erie Blvd. East Suite B Syracuse New York, 13210
Susama Verma, MD, maintains her own private practice based out of Syracuse, New York. Dr. Verma has been a practicing neurologist for nearly 10 years and has attained certification from the esteemed American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology for her outstanding work and achievements. Within her practice, Dr. Verma offers numerous services to her patients such as infectious disease care and HIV neurology. HIV neurological complications result from damage caused by the virus itself, but also from other side effects of HIV and AIDS, such as cancers that are associated with these diseases. To remain up-to-date in the field and any advancements in technology or procedures, Dr. Verma is active in the American Medical Association and the New York State Medical Society as well.
Education and Training
Patna Medical College, Patna University
Patna Medical College 1989
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Neurology
Dr. Susama Verma MD's Expert Contributions
Gelastic seizures are epileptic events which are typically characterized by sudden and involuntary bursts of energy usually in the form of laughing, coughing, barking or crying. It is preceded by an aura of deja vu type of feelings. It is followed by focal onset seizure. It is associated with the presence of hypothalamic hemartoma. It is characteristically refractory to medical treatments. Currently the best recognized treatment is ablation of hypothalamic hematoma. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Parkinson's Disease
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (ms)
- Memory Loss
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Abnormal Gait
- Mount Sinai
- Mt. Sinai Medical School
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, New York State Medical Society
Articles and Publications
- Has Had Articles and Book Chapters Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Passion for the Medical Field, Making a Difference in Patient's Lives, Continuing Education
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Reading, Traveling
Dr. Susama Verma MD's Practice location
Syracuse, New York 13210Get Direction
SYRACUSE, NY 13210Get Direction
- What is Epilepsy?
Epilepsy is a neurological disorder with abnormal electrical activity in the brain, which results in repeated seizures or fits. It is a very common condition and affects millions of people in the country. Although the condition may start at any age, it is usually found to start in childhood, in most...
- Veteran Suffering from Parkinson’s Gets New Home
Army Staff Sgt. Joe Davis is a survivor. He survived tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, and now, Davis is a survivor who has Parkinson’s disease. For 11 years, Sgt. Davis served his county, planned to retire after 20 years and become a police officer. His dreams changed, however, when he was forced...
- Alzheimer's Patient Re-meets Her Granddaughter In Touching Story
Over 44 million people around the world are facing Alzheimer’s disease. Everyone knows that this condition is heartbreaking for everyone who has a close friend or relative with Alzheimer’s. But one daughter decided to capture the most valuable moments of her mother and spread awareness about...
- World War II Veteran's Touching Serenade for His Wife of 75 Years
Edward and Betty’s Story94-year old pianist, Edward Hardy, may have lost several of his memories and skills due to dementia, but he definitely did not lose his ability to play the piano. For his wife Betty, there could not have been a better way to ring in their 75th anniversary than serenading...
- Low Adherence to Antidepressants May Increase Mortality in Parkinson's Patients
Parkinson’s disease, a neurological condition that affects a person’s body movements, has been affecting thousands of people’s physical and mental abilities. According to the National Parkinson Foundation, Parkinson’s disease itself is not fatal. However, complications that are brought by...
- How a Puppy and a Children’s Book Helped This Woman Cope with Multiple Sclerosis
During one weekend in the summer of 2005, when Tammy “Mimi” Duchesne and her husband JP went camping, Mimi noticed double vision in her left eye. A few years later, her vision become blurry. Being a nurse, she realized that she needed to see a doctor right away to discuss her symptoms. A year...
- Dr. Uma Alampur M.D.90 Presidential Plz Syracuse NY 13202
- Dr. Melissa W Ko MD90 Presidential Plz Syracuse NY 13202
- Dr. Terrence Moy Li MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Dragos L Mihaila M.D.90 Presidential Plz Syracuse NY 13202
- Dr. Burk Jubelt M.D.90 Presidential Plz Syracuse NY 13202
- Dr. Ziad Mk El-zammar MD888 E BRIGHTON AVE SYRACUSE NY 13205