Dr. Patrick Burke practices Endocrinology in Richmond, VA. Dr. Burke specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Burke examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll of Va Sch of Med, Richmond Va 1968
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Nuclear MedicineAmerican Board of Nuclear MedicineABNM
- Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Internal Medicine; Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Patrick Kendall Burke M.D.'s Practice location
Richmond, VA 23220Get Direction
RICHMOND, VA 23233Get Direction
Dr. Patrick Kendall Burke M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Type 1 Diabetes?
What is an auto-immune disease?Your immune system protects you from foreign invaders such as virus, bacteria, and fungus by destroying them. In auto-immune diseases, the body mistakes self tissues to be foreign and destroys them. In other words, auto-immunity is an abnormal condition in which the...
- Remembering Mary Tyler Moore: One Year Later
While some people are having a hard time fighting chronic diseases, like diabetes, some are quite successful in keeping the symptoms at bay to have a quality life. One celebrity who had type 1 diabetes is American actress, Mary Tyler Moore.She served as an inspiration to many type 1 diabetes...
- Why Are Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Cases Surging Among Children?
Within the last year, rates of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes have been rising, especially in cases with children and teens diagnosed with either disease. The report of the trend looked at the children and teens of the United States of America, identifying over 200,000 individuals in the nation...
- Medicare Provider Incentives May Lead to Reduction of Type 2 Diabetes
Public health and the access to medical care for the impoverished or for those who have lower than average incomes have always been a subject of controversy in the United States. However, in the past few years, increased government investment in this sector have made proper healthcare available for...
- What Causes Tingling in Feet?
IntroductionA tingling sensation in the feet is a common concern among people. This sensation tends to be a similar feeling to the pins and needles effect. Some people may even feel pain and numbness in their feet along with a tingling sensation, which can be bothersome. However, it is not usually a...
- Could Pancreas Implantation Present a More Positive Diabetes Prognosis?
Diabetes is a chronic disease that affects many people around the world, whether it be children or adults. There are still many studies being done on how to diagnose and treat the disease, and fortunately, there have been many discoveries thanks to advanced technology. Just recently, there has been...
- Clarence Scranage, Jr.713 North Courthouse Road Richmond Viriginia 23236
- Dr. Ranjodh S Gill M.D.1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Rekha Nugaram M.D.,3660 Boulevard Colonial Heights VA 23834
- Dr. John Newton Clore M.D.1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Cynthia F. Yazbeck M.D.750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Elizabeth Rose Reilly M.D.1100 9th Ave Seattle WA 98101