Dr. MacRae F. Linton MD
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism383 Preston Research Building Nashville Tennessee, 37232
MacRae F. Linton, MD, FAHA, FAAAS, maintains a position within the Vanderbilt School of Medicine in Nashville, Tennessee. Vanderbilt is a medical school located in Nashville that is currently ranked 14th out of 126 accredited medical schools in the U.S News & World Report 2013 rankings. With approximately 25 years of experience and Board certification in the field of internal medicine, Dr. Linton is an asset to the faculty of Vanderbilt. His expertise and clinical interests are in endocrinology, preventive cardiology, and hyperlipidemia; which is an abnormally elevated level of any or all lipids and/or lipoproteins. Highly active in his field, Dr. Linton is a Professor of Medicine and Pharmacology and Director of the Vanderbilt Lipid Clinic, also having authored a wide array of publications on his research. He has been recognized by several associations with their highest honors, Fellowship, for his passion and outstanding achievements: the American Heart Association and the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Education and Training
University of Tennessee
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Professor of Medicine and Pharmacology, Director, Vanderbilt Lipid Clinic -
- Co-Director of Artherosclerosis Research, Vanderbilt University -
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientist and Engineer, 1997
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- University of California at San Francisco (Endocrinology, Metabolism)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry, American Society for Clinical Investigation
Articles and Publications
- Has been Published Numerous Times
What do you attribute your success to?
- Mentorship and Collaboration
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading and Photography
Dr. MacRae F. Linton MD's Practice location
- How Is Diabetes Diagnosed?
Are you wondering if you have diabetes? Do you fall in the high-risk category for diabetes? Are you experiencing any of the symptoms of diabetes such as increased thirst, frequent urination, and feeling hungry more than usual? Do you want to confirm if you have diabetes? Checking your blood sugar...
- Hormones for Diabetes
DiabetesDiabetes is a medical condition wherein the blood sugar level becomes high. With type 1 diabetes, the body is unable to make insulin, while in type 2 diabetes, the body is unable to make or properly use insulin. Too much glucose in the blood can cause complications such as damage to the...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- Planning a Healthy Diabetes Diet
Let us refer to this diet as a healthy diet and not a diabetes diet, as a healthy diet plan is good for anybody. With diabetes, what one needs to be careful about is the amount of carbohydrates in his or her diet. For some, the protein and fat content of the diet also needs to be taken care of....
- Diabetic Socks? Yes, They Exist
Diabetes is a disorder of the endocrine or hormone system and occurs when blood sugar levels in your body are above normal. Over 25 million people in the U.S alone have some form of diabetes. ...
- "Laverne & Shirley" Star Penny Marshall Has Died Due to Complications of Diabetes
Best known for her role as Larverne DeFazio, actress and director Penny Marshall captured American audiences’ hearts. Marshall saw a lot of success throughout her career. She was the first female director to ever gross more than $100 million with her movie “Big,” starring Tom Hanks. Another...
- Dr. Swaroopa Vittalmurthy Bartakke MD300 20th Avenue North Nashville TN 37203
- Mr. Brian S Aprill MD2400 Patterson St Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Pascal A. Dauphin M.D.3810 Bedford Ave Nashville TN 37215
- Dr. Julie A Hendrix M.D.1622 WESTGATE CIR BRENTWOOD TN 37027
- Dr. Kathryn Dahir MD3601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232
- Mr. Michael G Carlson MD2400 Patterson St Nashville TN 37203