Dr. Joseph Banno is a urologist practicing in Peoria, Illinois. Dr. Banno specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
University of Illinois at Chicago
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1975
American Board of Urology- Urology
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
Dr. Joseph J. Banno M.D.'s Expert Contributions
First, your husband needs a physical exam and labs. It could be several events happening. Go to a specialist who treats ED. Joseph Banno, MD READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, and National Public Speaking -
- Univ Of Chicago Hosps, Urology; Univ Of Chicago Hosps, General Surgery; Osf St Francis Med Ctr, General Surgery
- St Francis Hospital
- Saint Francis Hospital; Methodist Medical Center; Pekin Hospital
- University of Chicago
Professional Society Memberships
- American Urological Association, International Society for Sexual Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard Work, Dedication, Persistence, Education, Excellent Patient Care
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Swimming, Tennis, Fitness, Traveling
Dr. Joseph J. Banno M.D.'s Practice location
Peoria, Illinois 61614Get Direction
PEORIA, IL 61614Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Joseph J. Banno M.D. | Urologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Joseph J. Banno M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Banno
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- What Is Tamsulosin: Usage, Dosage, Side Effects, and Drug Interactions
Generic Name: TamsulosinBrand Name: FlomaxWhat is tamsulosin?Tamsulosin is an alpha-blocker that helps treat the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or an enlarged prostate. This medication works by relaxing the bladder and prostate muscles to help improve the flow of urine in men and...
- The 3 Types of Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common worldwide, among both men and women, and they can occur at all ages. However, women are more likely to develop urinary tract infections than men. A UTI is caused by a bacterial infection in the urinary tract. When bacteria enter the urinary tract, they are...
- What Is Polyuria?
IntroductionPolyuria refers to frequent urination and passing excessive amounts of urine every time a person urinates. Normally, adults pass approximately 1-2 liters of urine per day. However, when there is an excessive urination volume of more than 3 liters a day, it is considered as...
- Alternative Treatment for Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer has become a common disease in men, especially those aged from 50 years and above. Having prostate cancer comes with its own effects that no one wants to be part of. Various symptoms accompany an affected prostate gland. Such symptoms may include pain when urinating, high frequency...
- Blood in Urine: What is a Urine Test?
When you pee and see a stream of rusty red urine, the sight fills you with a sense of dread. You suspect that the discoloration is due to the presence of blood. A pungent odor may fuel the anxiety. The only way to confirm suspicions is through a urinalysis recommended by a primary caregiver. A...
- Yousef Sadeq Al-shraideh MBBS1001 MAIN ST STE 400 PEORIA IL 61606
- Dr. Benjamin Keonboh Rhee M.D.1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. Churphena Reid M.D.1001 MAIN ST PEORIA IL 61606
- Dr. Thomas M Rashid MD200 E Pennsylvania Ave Peoria IL 61603
- Dr. Kelly E Bewsey M.D.200 E Pennsylvania Ave Peoria IL 61603
- Dr. Michael E Longevin MD5401 N Knoxville Ave Peoria IL 61614