Robert K. Sigal, MD, maintains a position at The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery located in the state of Virginia. A dedicated cosmetic plastic surgeon of over 20 years, Dr. Sigal attained Board certification in the field from the esteemed American Board of Surgery. Aside from tending to his patients, and giving them a new sparkle to their eye, Dr. Sigal raises money for various charities; including cancer and AIDS research, by participating in bicycle marathon fundraisers. A long time supporter of the Hunger Project, an organization dedicated to ending world hunger, Dr. Sigal remains committed to helping those most in need. Dr. Sigal speaks around the nation on his various expertise in plastic surgery, also traveling to Haiti with Project Medshare to offer his time and surgical skills. Dr. Sigal has also authored several medical articles and books over the years.
Education and Training
Thomas Jefferson University
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1985
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 1985
American Board of Surgery- Plastic Surgery
Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Plastic SurgeryABPS
- Cosmetic surgery reveals: resolution of the core paradox of cosmetic surgery by a shift in paradigm.
- Parenteral arginine infusion in humans: nutrient substrate or pharmacologic agent?
- Natural killer cell stimulatory factor (NKSF) augments natural killer cell and antibody-dependent tumoricidal response against colon carcinoma cell lines.
- Lifting lips: 28 years of experience using the direct excision approach to rejuvenating the aging mouth.
- Transfusion-induced immunosuppression results in diminished host survival in a murine neuroblastoma model.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National Public Speaking -
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Plastic Surgery; La Co Harbor Ucla Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University of Pennsylvania Health System Program
- Harbor UCLA Medical Center (General Surgery)
- University of Pennsylvania (Cancer Research)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Articles and Publications
- Article and Books Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Willingness to consider the possibility that what he sees as reality isn't always what it is.
Hobbies / Sports
- Skiing, Yoga, Cycling Long Distance
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
Dr. Robert K. Sigal M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Robert K. Sigal M.D. | Plastic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Robert K. Sigal M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sigal
- What to Expect After Having a Breast Augmentation
Patients usually have breast augmentation from a surgical center or hospital as an outpatient, since hospital admission is rarely required.Breast augmentation is commonly carried out under general anesthesia or, in some rare cases, local anesthesia.The steps of the surgical operation...
- How Safe is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a popular cosmetic procedure that helps to remove undesirable fat deposits from different parts of the body. Removing excess fat deposits gives the skin a smoother and better appearance. Also known as body contouring, this procedure is often done on parts of the body, including the...
- People Who Get Nose Jobs May Have An Underlying Mental Disorder
A new study shows that a third of patients who performed cosmetic surgery to improve the appearance of their nose have moderate symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) which makes them preoccupied with defects in their appearance. The results of the study published in the journal Plastic and...
- Reasons for Undergoing a Breast Augmentation
One of the leading cosmetic surgery procedures performed in the US is breast augmentation. According to research, approximately 307,000 women received breast implants in 2011. Many of the surgeries were different, and the reasons for the surgeries also varied. The majority of women who decide to...
- What is a Tummy Tuck?
Abdominoplasty, or a tummy tuck, is the surgical method to remove extra fat and skin from the abdominal region. Tummy tucks also help to tighten the muscles in the abdominal region giving it a fab look.This surgery can be chosen by anybody who is in good health and wants to reduce abdominal size. It...
- Breast Augmentation: What are Saline Implants?
Saline breast implants contain germ-free salt water. In case the shell of the implant ruptures, the saline implant collapses. Then the body absorbs the salty water and excretes it naturally.Women aged at least 18 years can have this FDA-accepted breast augmentation method. A woman having the...
- Dr. Roger J. Friedman M.D.11210 Old Georgetown Road North Bethesda Maryland 20852
- Dr. Rondi Kathleen Walker MD3301 New Mexico Avenue Northwest Washington DC 20016
- Dr. Craig Roger Dufresne M.D., F.A.C.S.8501 Arlington Blvd. Fairfax Virginia 22031
- Justin Cohen2440 M Street NW Washington District of Columbia 20037
- Dr. Reza Shayesteh M.D.5413 West Cedar Lane Bethesda Maryland 20814
- Dr. Anne M Nickodem M.D.3299 Woodburn Rd Annandale VA 22003