Herbert Victor Allen, III, MD, works at Allen Orthopedics LLC in Mobile, Alabama. He specializes in orthopedics, and the healing of bone and joint injuries. Dr. Allen implements a hands on approach and application of the philosophy that gaining a persons trust is the most important step to treatment. This method has allowed him to build an extremely successful practice. For over 30 years, Dr. Allen has been providing patients with unsurpassed care and comprehensive treatments. With a passion for medicine and innovation, Dr. Herbert Allen, III. continues to uphold the highest standards in patient care while being a vital resource to local residents and the healthcare community. If you are looking for an expert Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in your area, than look no further than Dr. Herbert Allen, III. For more information or to book an appointment, please give us a call.
Education and Training
University of South Alabama College of Medicine
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Non Operative
Areas of expertise and specialization
- University of South Alabama Medical Center Orthopedic Residency
- Carraway Methodist Center
Professional Society Memberships
- the Southern Orthopedic Society, the Alabama Orthopedic Society, and the Orthopedic Surgery Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Personal Relationships with his Patients, compassion and hands-on physical examination. In house X-Rays. Ensuring the patients understand their condition and the choices for their treatment.
Hobbies / Sports
- Boating, Fishing, Music (Bass Violin and Clarinet), SCUBA Diving, Under Water Photography
Favorite professional publications
- American Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery; Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research
Herbert Victor Allen, III.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Herbert Victor Allen, III. | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Herbert Victor Allen, III.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- How Can I Manage Tendinitis?
How Can I Manage Tendinitis?Tendinitis, the inflammation of the tendon, can cause acute pain and tenderness just outside the affected joints. It commonly affects shoulders, elbows, wrists, and heels. The affected region may have stiffness that restricts movement. It is also characterized by mild...
- Will I Need Surgery If I Have Tennis Elbow?
Will I need surgery if I have Tennis Elbow?Tennis elbow, also known as lateral epicondylitis, is a condition that causes pain in the elbow, and it mainly results from overusing the elbow. The condition mainly affects tennis players but it can also affect other athletes and sporting enthusiasts. It...
- Symptoms or Signs of Arthritis
Arthritis is one of the oldest diseases known to humans. Arthritis can affect people and children of all ages. The pain and stiffness of the joints are serious symptoms indicating that the person may have some serious type of arthritis that needs urgent treatment. If the person delays the visit to...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- Everything You Need to Know About Spinal Stenosis Surgery
It is perfectly normal to feel nervous before a major surgical operation. In fact, it would be unusual to find a patient awaiting surgery who is not worried at all. The best way to alleviate some of the concerns is to let them know exactly what to expect beforehand by addressing some of the burning...
- Dr. William Joseph Bose MD 6701 Airport Blvd Mobile AL 36608
- Dr. Glenn L. Wilson MD 100 Medical Center Drive Gadsden Alabama 35903
- Geoffrey P Stone 3421 Medical Park Dr Mobile AL 36693
- Dr. Albert W. Pearsall MD 3421 Medical Park Dr Mobile AL 36693
- Dr. Michael L. Granberry MD 3610 Springhill Memorial Dr N Mobile AL 36608
- Dr. Prasit Nimityongskul MD 3421 Medical Park Dr Mobile AL 36693