Dr. Shawky Badawy practices Endocrinology in Syracuse, New York. Dr. Badawy specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Badawy examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Ain Shams University
Abbasia Fac of Med, Univ of Ain Shams 1958
Ain Shams University Faculty of Medicine 1958
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology- Obstetrics
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG- Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility
- Argon laser laparoscopy for treatment of pelvic endometriosis associated with infertility and pelvic pain.
- The use of CO 2 laser for reproductive surgery.
- Maintenance of increased Bcl-2 expression in uterine leiomyomas after GnRH agonist therapy.
- Effect of interferon alpha-2b on endometrioma cells in vitro.
- Uterine artery embolization: the role in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Pathophysiology of pelvic adhesions. Modern trends in preventing infertility.
- Arteriovenous malformation in a bicornuate uterus leading to recurrent severe uterine bleeding: a case report.
- Varicoceles and sperm nuclear fragmentation?
- Gossypol inhibits proliferation of endometrioma cells in culture.
- Cell growth effects of leuprolide on cultured endometrioma cells.
- Re: Laparoscopic metroplasty in bicornuate and didelphic uteri.
- Acute cardiomyopathy in a patient with acute adnexal torsion.
- Cigarette smoking impairs sperm bioenergetics.
- Celiac disease and its effect on human reproduction: a review.
- Unilateral non-communicating cervical atresia in a patient with uterus didelphys and unilateral renal agenesis.
- Effect of ultrasound monitoring of follicular growth on the conception rate. A clinical study.
- Mullerian agenesis with vaginal vault prolapse following mechanically created neovagina.
- Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis: a case report.
- Large mesonephric cyst with acute adnexal torsion in a teenage girl.
- Vaginal Atrophy following Long-Term Depot Medroxyprogesterone Acetate Use: A Case Report.
- A rare mullerian duct anomaly not included in the classification system by the american society for reproductive medicine.
- In vitro effect of danazol on endometrioma cells in culture.
- Recurrent catamenial pneumothorax suggestive of pleural endometriosis.
- Aromatase inhibitor (anastrozole) affects growth of endometrioma cells in culture.
- The regulation of immunoglobulin production by B cells in patients with endometriosis.
- Peritoneal fluid prostaglandins in various stages of the menstrual cycle: role in infertile patients with endometriosis.
- Diagnosis and management of hirsute women.
- Cumulative pregnancy rates in infertile women with endometriosis.
- Immune rosettes of T and B lymphocytes in infertile women with endometriosis.
- Peritoneal fluid and pregnancy occurrence.
- Peritoneal fluid prostaglandins in patients with endometriosis.
- Uterine tumor due to placenta increta.
- Granulosa cell tumour and fibrosing thecoma (a report of two cases).
- Induction of labour by intra-amniotic injection of hypertonic glucose.
- Clinical evaluation of the vacuum extractor.
- Normal and abnormal function of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical system in man.
- Testosterone : testosterone estradiol binding globulin ratio in evaluating hirsute women.
- Prolactin and thyroid-stimulating hormone responses to thyrotropin-releasing hormone in cases of hyperprolactinemia with normal and abnormal sella tomograms.
- Circulating sperm antibodies: indications for testing in infertile couples.
- Hypothalamic-pituitary evaluation in patients with galactorrhea-amenorrhea and hyperprolactinemia.
- The concentration of 13,14-dihydro-15-keto prostaglandin F2 alpha and prostaglandin E2 in peritoneal fluid of infertile patients with and without endometriosis.
- The relation between oral contraceptive use and subsequent development of hyperprolactinemia.
- Ovulatory dysfunction in patients with endometriosis.
- Hyalinization and cellular changes in uterine leiomyomata after gonadotropin releasing hormone agonist therapy.
- Plasma levels of oestrone and oestradiol-17beta in postmenopausal women.
- Computer-aided semen analysis variables as predictors of male fertility potential.
- The role of estradiol, progesterone, and transforming growth factor on human
- Evisceration after laparoscopic sterilization.
- Laparoscopic resection of an ovarian pregnancy in a patient using the copper T intrauterine device.
- Effects of chocolate cyst fluid on endometrioma cell growth in culture.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director of Reproductive Endocrinology, Upstate University Hospital -
- Permanent Chair of OBGYN, Upstate University Hospital -
- Local, Regional, National, and International Guest Speaker -
- Birth Defects
- Menstrual Cramps
- U Hosp-Suny Hlth Sci Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program
- SUNY Upstate Medical University at Syracuse
- Rockefeller University (Reproductive Endocrinology, Physiology)
Professional Society Memberships
- Royal Society of Medicine, American College of Surgeons
Articles and Publications
- Ongoing Research in Endometriosis, Over 200 Publications, 2 Books
What do you attribute your success to?
- Continuing Education, Research, Applying All Knowledge to his Patients
Hobbies / Sports
- Going to the Gym, Fitness, Traveling, Tennis
Favorite professional publications
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Journal, Green Journal
- Upstate University Hospital
- St. Joseph's Hospital
- Crouse Hospital
Dr. Shawky Z. Badawy MD's Practice location
Syracuse, New York 13210Get Direction
SYRACUSE, NY 13202Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Shawky Z. Badawy MD | Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Shawky Z. Badawy MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Badawy
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe for Diabetes Patients?
The consumption of sugar has always been something to talk about. It is not healthy, helps people to gain weight, causes diabetes, affects the brain, and other things. But, the biggest problem is people don’t know how to control the amount of sugar they intake. While sugar is something that's very...
- Recipes for Diabetes Patients
Plan meals According to research, if some basic nutrients like fiber, omega 3s, calcium, and vitamin D are included in a diabetic's diet it can help in balancing the sugar levels and managing weight loss. This calls for a perfect planning of a diabetic meal to achieve success. Eat every 3 hours and...
- When Is Thyroid Surgery Necessary?
Overview of ThyroidectomyHypothyroidism, as the name indicates, refers to an underactive form of the thyroid gland. It means that the thyroid gland fails to produce a sufficient amount of thyroid hormones in the body. The removal of the thyroid gland will further reduce the production of hormones,...
- What to Know About Diabetes
You have probably heard of diabetes before, but how extensive is your knowledge on it? While it's about sugar, yes, there are other aspects of diabetes you'll need to learn in order to have yourself checked and get diagnosed properly. But the question is: What do you feel if you have diabetes and...
- A Trulia Entrepreneur and His Solution to End Type 2 Diabetes
Sami Inkinen is a hugely successful entrepreneur who cooperated in the founding and development of Trulia, a real estate empire which was sold in 2014 to Zillow for the staggering amount of $3.5 billion. Using part of his fortune, Inkinen went on to build Virtra, a health care startup whose sole...
- Teenagers with Type 1 Diabetes May Face Body Image Problems
Diabetes is a disease that affects an estimated one million people or more in the United states alone. It’s a disease that’s characterized by the body’s inability to make, process or use insulin sufficiently. Diabetes can affect just about anyone but there are risk factors that make some more...
- Dr. Prashant V. Nadkarni M.D.1000 E Mountain Blvd Wilkes Barre PA 18711
- Dr. Marya Gendzielewski M.D.101 Union Ave Syracuse NY 13203
- Dr. Rachel L. Hopkins M.D.3229 E Genesee St Syracuse NY 13214
- Dr. Cynthia F. Yazbeck M.D.750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Nadeem Aslam MD739 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Jyoti Bhattarai MD739 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210