Bhaba R. Misra, DO, is a member of LewisGale Physicians in Salem, Virginia. He specializes in hospitalist medicine, dealing specifically with seriously ill hospitalized patients. The co-author of an article, Dr. Misra can also be found on staff at HCA Montgomery Hospital, where he also completed his post graduate education.
Dr. Bhaba R. Misra D.O.'s Videos
Education and Training
Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine 2008
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia Campus 2007
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Heart Disease
- Vascular Disease
- Montgomery Regional Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Internists, American Osteopathic Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Ability to Help Others, Family Support, Education, Technology
Hobbies / Sports
Dr. Bhaba R. Misra D.O.'s Practice location
Salem, Virginia 24153Get Direction
SALEM, VA 24153Get Direction
Blacksburg, VA 24060Get Direction
Dr. Bhaba R. Misra D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Misra
- What Is Acid Reflux: Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
Acid reflux is a common condition wherein a person feels an internal burning pain in the lower chest area due to the stomach acid backflow into the esophagus (food pipe). Once in a while, acid reflux may be experienced. It is a common condition, which you should not worry about. However, if you...
- What Are the Symptoms of Strep Throat?
Strep throat is the infection of the throat and tonsils by the streptococcus bacteria. Bacterial infections are one of the causes of sore throats and are very common in children and adolescents. The severity of a sore throat depends on the type of streptococcus causing the infection. Moreover, sore...
- How Can I Prevent Premature Graying?
As pigmentation cells stop producing the pigment, gray hair is the result. It may also be bleached by the accumulation of hydrogen peroxide, a chemical naturally produced in the body. In most cases, graying occurs by the time an individual is 30-years-old. Most people have gray hair by the time they...
- Mono vs. Strep Throat Symptoms
OverviewA sore throat is often caused by the common cold, which can be a mild condition that resolves on its own without the need for medical treatment. However, there are also other causes of sore throats, such as strep throat and infectious mononucleosis or mono, which is caused by...
- When Could Orthopnea Mean Something More Serious?
IntroductionOrthopnea is the medical term used when referring to the occurrence of dyspnea (shortness of breath) when you are lying flat. This symptom is often a sign of heart failure. However, orthopnea can also be due to other health conditions. Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is not the same with...
- Foods to Avoid If You Have Diarrhea
Diarrhea is a condition characterized by loose or watery stools that occur more than three times a day. Typically, the condition lasts for about two to three days and then resolves on its own. The symptoms of diarrhea include watery stools, bloating, stomach cramps, gas, and nausea.Diarrhea can lead...
- Dr. Girma K. Tefera MD1900 Electric Rd Salem VA 24153
- Dr. Russell Noblett M.D.4461 Starkey Road Roanoke VA 24018
- Dr. Jon D. Cargo MD1900 Electric Rd Salem VA 24153
- Dr. John Hayes M.D.1906 Belleview Ave SE Roanoke VA 24014
- Dr. Lubna B. Wani M.D.3 RIVERSIDE CIR ROANOKE VA 24016
- Dr. Elvis Ramon Pagan M.D.3 Riverside Circle Roanoke VA 24016