Dr. Richard Perlman is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in San Diego, California. Dr. Perlman specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Perlman tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Columbia Univ Coll of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 1963
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons 1963
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery- Orthopedic Surgery
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Arthroscopically assisted arthroplasty of the scapho-trapezio-trapezoid joint.
- Arthroscopically assisted tendon interposition arthroplasty at the base of the thumb.
- Case report 658: Chondrosarcoma of the proximal phalanx of right fourth finger secondary to multiple hereditary exostoses (MHE).
- Congenital clasped thumb deformity. Case report.
- Fractures of both bones of the distal forearm in children.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking -
- Trigger Finger
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Ganglion Cyst
- Hosp Joint Dis Orth Inst, Orthopedic Surgery; Hosp Joint Dis Orth Inst, General Surgery; Bellevue Hosp Ctr, General Surgery
- New York University School of Medicine/Hospital for Joint Diseases Program
- Hospital for Joint Diseases
- Bellevue Hospital Center
- Orthopaedic Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Lifetime Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, California Medical Association, San Diego County Medical Society
Articles and Publications
- Has been Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Parents, Dedication to the Field, Patient Care, Making a Difference, and Education
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Family, Friends, Grandchildren, Photography, Traveling
- Scripps Mercy Hospital
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
Dr. Richard Perlman M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Richard Perlman M.D. | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Richard Perlman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Perlman
- Symptoms or Signs of Arthritis
Arthritis is one of the oldest diseases known to humans. Arthritis can affect people and children of all ages. The pain and stiffness of the joints are serious symptoms indicating that the person may have some serious type of arthritis that needs urgent treatment. If the person delays the visit to...
- How to Prepare for Spinal Stenosis Surgery
A spinal stenosis surgery is a major operation that is carried out to repair defects in the spinal column. Since it is an invasive procedure and a delicate one as well, it is important to be prepared psychologically and physically as they are important aspects to be considered to ensure everything...
- Holistic Treatments for Arthritis
Arthritis is a painful, progressive disease that affects the joints of an individual. There are many treatments available for arthritis. Each and every one of them works differently, depending on the stage of arthritis at which they are implemented. As we already know, if not treated, arthritis can...
- What Are the Different Types of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a type of joint disorder that involves the inflammation and deformation of one or more joints in the body. The term 'arthritis' comes from the Greek words 'arthro,' which means joint, and 'itis,' a suffix that implies inflammation. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- Dr. Rodney Delano Henderson M.D.2281 West 24th Street Yuma Arizona 85364
- Dr. Daniel J. Solomon M.D.7100 Redwood Boulevard Novato California 94945
- Dr. Michael Thompson M.D.10666 North Torrey Pines Road La Jolla California 92037
- Dr. Steven R Garfin M.D.4150 Regents Park Row La Jolla CA 92037
- Dr. Joseph John Jankiewicz M.D.2929 Health Center Dr San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Bryan Terry Leek MD4060 4th Ave San Diego CA 92103