Dr. Leslie Barnes is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Pensacola, Florida. Dr. Barnes specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Barnes tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Wayne State University
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- speaking for Peers, CME Speaking, Lectures -
- Louisiana State University Shreveport
- Rush University
- University of Alabama (Orthopedic Trauma)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Orthopedic Truama Association, American Medical Association, Florida Medical Association, National Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Faith, Persistence, Positive Attitude
Hobbies / Sports
- Travel, Ballroom Dancing, Personal Fitness
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Orthopedic Trauma, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
- Baptist Healthcare
- Gulf Breeze Hospital
Dr. Leslie M. Barnes M.D.'s Practice location
Pensacola, Florida 32501Get Direction
Shreveport, LA 71103Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Leslie M. Barnes M.D. | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Leslie M. Barnes M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barnes
- Plantar Fasciitis: Treatment and Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
Meaning of Plantar FasciitisOne of the most common causes of heel pain is called plantar fasciitis. A flat band of ligament or tissue connects the heel bone to the toes. This ligament is called the plantar fascia, which also provides support to the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is...
- Physical Activity Benefits Knees
Results from a new study contradict earlier reports that exercise may not be beneficial for the knees. According to the new study, there is no doubt that exercise improves knee cartilage and the overall knee health. The researchers do agree that exercise is linked with increased chances of bony...
- What Type of Disorder Is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a chronic disorder that affects the musculoskeletal system. A person diagnosed with arthritis can have very uncomfortable pain in one or more than one joint in their body. Sometimes, arthritis may cause disability. Arthritis can also be caused by bacterial or viral infections,...
- Symptoms or Signs of Arthritis
Arthritis is one of the oldest diseases known to humans. Arthritis can affect people and children of all ages. The pain and stiffness of the joints are serious symptoms indicating that the person may have some serious type of arthritis that needs urgent treatment. If the person delays the visit to...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Everything You Need to Know About Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel surgery is a medical procedure that is done to treat a condition known as carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where a ligament known as the transverse carpal ligament lies over the median nerve, putting pressure on it. The condition causes numbness, weakness,...
- Dr. Kevin A. Witte D.O.2000 SE BLUE PKWY Lee's Summit MO 64063
- Dr. Erik Christian Nilssen M.D.1040 Gulf Breeze Pkwy Gulf Breeze FL 32561
- Dr. Brett R Smith MD1040 Gulf Breeze Pkwy Gulf Breeze FL 32561
- Dr. Robert T Snowden1040 Gulf Breeze Parkway Gulf Breeze FL 32561
- Dr. Kurt L Morrison DO4541 N Davis Hwy Pensacola FL 32503
- Dr. Minoo H Hollis MD8418 E Bay Blvd Navarre FL 32566