Dr. Eric David Schiffman M.D.
Orthopedist8251 W. Broward Blvd Suite 300 Plantation Florida, 33324
Eric David Schiffman, MD, works at Orthopedic and Joint Specialist of South Florida. He works at the bone and joint center, and specializes in minimally invasive and hip and knee arthroplasty.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Grand Rounds -
- Massachusetts General Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
What do you attribute your success to?
Hobbies / Sports
- Travel, Running
Dr. Eric David Schiffman M.D.'s Practice location
Plantation, Florida 33324Get Direction
AVENTURA, FL 33180Get Direction
Miami, FL 33136Get Direction
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Misconceptions: Debunked
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints leading to stiffness, pain, and inflammation. Gradually, RA can lead to physical deformities. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to affect around 2 million Americans....
- What You Need to Know About Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a medical condition that if diagnosed on time could be preventable and successfully treatable. In literal terms, osteoporosis means ‘bones with holes’. It is often called “the silent thief” because bone loss occurs without symptoms.But what is osteoporosis? According to WHO...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Why Does Fibromyalgia Affect More Women?
What is fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder, which involves widespread pain in the muscles and bones along with chronic fatigue and cognitive difficulties. This medical condition is often misdiagnosed because its symptoms are subjective without a clear known cause. A few of the classic...
- Spine Doctors vs. Chiropractors
Patients may often ask themselves which doctor they should see for their back pain. Studies have shown that chiropractors provide effective treatment for back pain. However, chiropractors cannot treat all causes of back pain because there are also conditions that should be diagnosed and treated by a...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Richard E. Grant MD9526 NE 2nd Ave Miami FL 33138
- Dr. George Botelho MD9033 Glades Road Boca Raton Florida 33434
- William Munoz III660 Glades Road Boca Raton Florida 33431
- Dr. Kenneth Hodor M.D.20295 NE 29TH PL AVENTURA FL 33180
- Dr. Shani Katz DO21150 Biscayne Blvd Aventura FL 33180
- Dr. Jay G. Stein M.D., P.A.209 Northeast 95th Street Miami Shores Florida 33138