Jorge A. Pereira-Ogan
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry4745 Ogletown Stanton Road Suite 124 Newark Delaware, 19713
Jorge A. Pereira-Ogan, MD, is an established psychiatrist working as Associate Director of the Behavioral Health Department at Christian Care Health System in Newark, Delaware. Dr. Pereira-Ogan has over 50 years of experience specializing in all facets of psychiatry; consulting; and psychiatric disorders triggered by cancer, trauma, and physical disabilities. He graduated in 1962 from the University of Buenos Aires in Argentina and was first honored graduate from US Army Medical School to come from non-English speaking country. Dr. Pereira-Ogan is a member of the Delaware General Assembly and has research published with Karl Rickels while at Pennsylvania State University.
Education and Training
University of Buenos Aires
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Professor, Thomas Jefferson University -
- Regional Public Speaking -
- First Honored Graduate from US Army Medical School to Come from a Non-English Speaking Country (Argentina), Received from a 2nd Star US Army General
Professional Society Memberships
- Delaware General Assembly
Articles and Publications
- Research Published with Karl Rickels, Pennsylvania State University, 1968-1981
What do you attribute your success to?
- Being a people person, being politically sound, educated, and balanced. His citizenship to the US, his greatest love and passion, he is involved and devoted to our Nation-politically and within his own community.
- Drafted into US Army, 1966, and became a Colonel
Hobbies / Sports
- Sports, American Football, Politics, Love of the US and its History
Favorite professional publications
- Psychiatric Annals
Jorge A. Pereira-Ogan's Practice location
Newark, Delaware 19713Get Direction
- What Causes Binge Eating Disorder?
It is very normal for anyone to overeat once in a while. However, when you start overeating on a daily basis and it starts getting out of control, it is probably time to visit a doctor and get checked for binge eating disorder. It is basically a medical complication that makes you want to eat all...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Bulimia?
Bulimia is an eating disorder that causes an individual to consume large amounts of food within a small period of time. After the binge is over, the individual purges to get rid of the unhealthy amount of food he or she consumed. Some methods that an individual may opt for to compensate for the...
- Can ADHD Occur in Adulthood?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) doesn’t just occur in children. It can also occur during adulthood. Actually, it has been estimated that about 70% of adults continue to struggle with ADHD. In other cases, adults who have never been diagnosed with ADHD during their childhood days...
- The Most Common Psychological Disorders
Common mental health disorders are often associated with a variety of symptoms, which can lead to significant disability or impairment for the patient and those around them. Below are some of the more common psychological disorders:DepressionDepression or major depressive disorder is a serious...
- What Specialists Can Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
When you are in a challenging situation that affects your behavior or thinking, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help you achieve peace within yourself by breaking down your situation into five different parts:...
- What are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a complex mental disorder that leads to uncontrollable mood swings and severe risky behaviors. Otherwise known as manic-depressive disorder, this mental condition is associated with moods that sway between depression and mania. When an individual is not experiencing moods of...
- Dr. Joel B. Capucao MD1 Medical Center Blvd Chester PA 19013
- Dr. M anjum Irfan M.D.103 S High St West Chester PA 19382
- Dr. Mustafa Ali Mufti M.D.713 E Basin Rd New Castle DE 19720
- Dr. Terrence Boyadjis MD790 E Market St West Chester PA 19382
- Dr. Ruben R Cespon M.D.1 Medical Center Blvd Chester PA 19013
- Dr. Troy L. Thompson MD500 W 10th Street Wilmington DE 19801