Richard Greenberg, MD, DLFAPA, is the proud owner and lead physician of a private practice based out of Washington, DC. Dr. Greenberg is a highly skilled psychiatrist of nearly 40 years. He specializes in treating and diagnosing depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder; as well as pharmacolgy which involves medications and their adverse effects on patients. Dr. Greenberg has attained Board certification in the field of psychiatry and is on staff at the esteemed research university, George Washington University. Recognized for all of his outstanding work and achivements, Dr. Greenberg was honored as Diplomate and Lifetime Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association.
Education and Training
Thomas Jefferson University
Univ Di Bologna, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Bologna, Italy 1969
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psychiatry
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Neurological Surgery; Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, General Surgery; Ny Med Coll/Met Hosp Ctr, General Surgery
- Thomas Jefferson University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association
Articles and Publications
- Published Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- Experience, Conferences
Hobbies / Sports
- Baseball, Reading, Watching Movies
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Clinical Psychiatry
Dr. Richard Greenberg MD's Practice location
Washington, District of Columbia 20037Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Richard Greenberg MD | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Richard Greenberg MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Greenberg
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Different Types of Anxiety Disorders You Should Know About
Everyone feels anxious from time to time, but chronic anxiety can adversely impact the quality of your life. While in moderation, anxiety is not a bad thing, but when it becomes intense, it can have serious consequences on your physical health too. Everyone experiences anxiety differently. Some have...
- What are the Treatment Methods for ADHD?
Reported cases of ADHD have been on the rise lately. In fact, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that as many as 11% of children between the ages of four years old and 17 years old have been diagnosed with ADHD. ADHD is a disease characterized by ongoing patterns of...
- What Are Different Cognitive Behavioral Techniques?
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is an effective way of treating several mental conditions such as:...
- What Are the Side Effects of Schizophrenia Medications?
For people with Schizophrenia, the most common and best cure lies in sticking to a treatment plan that involves a daily dose of medication. But, what one must remember is the fact that these medications carry with themselves a large number of risk factors that may present some serious challenges....
- Coping with Geriatric Depression
Geriatric depression is a mental and emotional disorder that affects seniors. Every stage of life has its own set of challenges and aging is no exception. In fact, significant major changes surface and occur later life, such as the death of a loved one, retirement, medical problems, and increased...
- Asad Masri M.D.713 FORDS LANDING WAY ALEXANDRIA VA 22314
- Henry Claude Barbot720 North Saint Asaph Street Alexandria Virginia 22314-1960
- Dr. Beverly A. Reader M.D.2041 MARTIN LUTHER KING JR AVE SE WASHINGTON DC 20020
- Dr. Niku Singh MD3300 GALLOWS RD FALLS CHURCH VA 22042
- Dr. Betsy Jane Cooper M.D.927 South Walter Reed Drive Arlington Virginia 22204
- Dr. Spencer F. Johnson M.D.4400 Stamp Road Temple Hills Maryland 20748