Dr. Abdulhamid is a neurosurgeon specializing in the diagnosis, management and treatment of disorders of the brain and spine. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry from Iowa State University prior to earning his medical degree from the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. subsequently, he completed his internship in general surgery, as well as, his residency, including a full year acting as a chief resident, in neurological surgery at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, New York. He then finished an additional year of fellowship training in minimally invasive and complex spine surgery with the Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine in Miami, Florida.
Dr. Abdulhamid provides consultation in the fields of neurosurgery and spine surgery. Utilizing state-of-the-art technology, including intraoperative 3-D image guidance and stereotactic techniques, Dr. Abdulhamid has been able to treat a wide variety of conditions of the brain and spine with greater precision, thus, resulting in increased safety to his patients, as well as, faster recovery time. His interests include minimally invasive and complex spine surgery with intraoperative image guidance and navigation, artificial cervical disc replacement, degenerative conditions of the spine, deformity correction, tumors of the brain, spine and spinal cord, and stereotactic radiosurgery.
Dr. Abdulhamid sees patients, including international patients, in his office at Arizona Brain and Spine Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
1) John C. Lincoln North Mountain.
2) John C. Lincoln Deer Valley.
3) Scottsdale Healthcare Thompson Peak.
4) The Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Center of Paradise Valley.
Education and Training
The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
American Board of Neurological Surgery - Board Eligible
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Guest Lecturer, Neurological Surgery -
- Phi Beta Kappa
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Affiliated Hospitals 2006
- SUNY Upstate Medical University
- (Surgery), JACKSON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, MIAMI, FL 2012
- Neurosurgery, Spine Surgery
- SUNY Upstate Medical University
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), North American Spine Society (NASS), Intraoperative Image Society (IOIS), American Medical Association (AMA)
What do you attribute your success to?
- Gratification from his Patients
Hobbies / Sports
- Travel, Photography, Tennis, Soccer, Outdoors
Favorite professional publications
- Neurosurgery, Spine
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain
- John C. Lincoln Deer Valley
- Scottsdale Healthcare Thompson Peak
- The Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Center of Paradise Valley
Dr. Mohamed M. Abdulhamid M.D.'s Practice location
Phoenix, Arizona 85020Get Direction
SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85260Get Direction
Syracuse, NY 13210Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Mohamed M. Abdulhamid M.D. | Neurosurgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Mohamed M. Abdulhamid M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Abdulhamid
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Signs You Need to See a Doctor for Back Pain
There are a number of potential causes of back pain, but most of them are rare. Most cases of back pain, particularly those that go away with or without over-the-counter treatment, do not require a visit to the doctor. However, if your back pain is accompanied by any of the following signs and...
- Dr. Kyle O. Colle D.O.1723 Broadway Cape Girardeau Missouri 63701
- Dr. Scott D Wait MD350 W Thomas Rd Phoenix AZ 85013
- Dr. Nader Sanai M.D.2910 N 3rd Ave Phoenix AZ 85013
- Dr. Harold L Rekate MD2910 N 3rd Ave Phoenix AZ 85013
- Dr. Giac Donati Consiglieri MD105 W 8th Ave Spokane WA 99204
- Dr. Michael T Lawton MD400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143