Dr. Mohamed M. Abdulhamid M.D.
Neurosurgeon9250 North 3rd Street #2005 Phoenix Arizona, 85020
Dr. Abdulhamid is a neurosurgeon specializing in the diagnosis, management and treatment of disorders of the brain and spine. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry from Iowa State University prior to earning his medical degree from the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. subsequently, he completed his internship in general surgery, as well as, his residency, including a full year acting as a chief resident, in neurological surgery at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, New York. He then finished an additional year of fellowship training in minimally invasive and complex spine surgery with the Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine in Miami, Florida.
Dr. Abdulhamid provides consultation in the fields of neurosurgery and spine surgery. Utilizing state-of-the-art technology, including intraoperative 3-D image guidance and stereotactic techniques, Dr. Abdulhamid has been able to treat a wide variety of conditions of the brain and spine with greater precision, thus, resulting in increased safety to his patients, as well as, faster recovery time. His interests include minimally invasive and complex spine surgery with intraoperative image guidance and navigation, artificial cervical disc replacement, degenerative conditions of the spine, deformity correction, tumors of the brain, spine and spinal cord, and stereotactic radiosurgery.
Dr. Abdulhamid sees patients, including international patients, in his office at Arizona Brain and Spine Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
1) John C. Lincoln North Mountain.
2) John C. Lincoln Deer Valley.
3) Scottsdale Healthcare Thompson Peak.
4) The Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Center of Paradise Valley.
Education and Training
The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
American Board of Neurological Surgery - Board Eligible
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Guest Lecturer, Neurological Surgery -
- Phi Beta Kappa
- (Surgery), JACKSON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, MIAMI, FL 2012
- Neurosurgery, Spine Surgery
- SUNY Upstate Medical University
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), North American Spine Society (NASS), Intraoperative Image Society (IOIS), American Medical Association (AMA)
What do you attribute your success to?
- Gratification from his Patients
Hobbies / Sports
- Travel, Photography, Tennis, Soccer, Outdoors
Favorite professional publications
- Neurosurgery, Spine
Dr. Mohamed M. Abdulhamid M.D.'s Practice location
Phoenix, Arizona 85020Get Direction
SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85260Get Direction
Syracuse, NY 13210Get Direction
Dr. Mohamed M. Abdulhamid M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Abdulhamid
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Dr. Kyle O. Colle D.O.2910 N 3rd Ave Phoenix AZ 85013
- Dr. Scott D Wait MD350 W Thomas Rd Phoenix AZ 85013
- Dr. Giac Donati Consiglieri MD350 W Thomas Rd Phoenix AZ 85013
- Dr. Brian C Fitzpatrick MD7301 E 2nd St Scottsdale AZ 85251
- Dr. Nader Sanai M.D.2910 N 3rd Ave Phoenix AZ 85013
- Dr. Rasha S Germain MD350 W Thomas Rd Phoenix AZ 85013