Leigh Saunders Barrell, MD, FACOG, works at Romes Womens Health Center, a state of the art OBGYN practice located in Rome, Georgia. In a safe, family-oriented setting, patients are offered a variety of services such as pre-natal care, management of high risk pregnancies, vaginal and caesarean delivery, post-partum care, ultra sounds, and an array of gynecological services. Complementing her exceptional performance within Rome Womens Health Center, Dr. Barrell is also an attending physician at Floyd Medical Center and Redman Regional Medical Center. She is board certified in OBGYN by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, a member of the Medical Association of Georgia, and also a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She was the recipient of the Reader's Choice Award granted by Rome News Tribune, the Peer Reviewed Physicians Award in 20013, and was also declared Best OBGYN in 2008.
Education and Training
Medical College of Georgia
Med Coll of Ga Sch of Med, Augusta Ga 1994
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology- OBGYN
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Speaking for Patient Groups -
- Reader's Choice Award, Rome News Tribune, Best OBGYN 2008, 2013
- Peer Reviewed Physicians Award, 2013
- Atlanta Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Georgia Baptist Hospital
- Georgia Baptist Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Medical Association of Georgia
Articles and Publications
- Spent two years as a monthly columnist for a local magazine
What do you attribute your success to?
- Desire to Partner with Patients in their Medical Care with Emphasis on Patient Education and Developing Close Relationships with Patients
Hobbies / Sports
- Time with her Family, Travel
Favorite professional publications
- Green Journal, Contemporary OBGYN
- Floyd Medical Center
- Redman Regional Medical Center
Dr. Leigh Barrell M.D.'s Practice location
Rome, Georgia 30165Get Direction
ROME, GA 30165Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Leigh Barrell M.D. | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Leigh Barrell M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barrell
- Endometriosis and Pregnancy
Endometriosis is a common gynecological problem and anyone diagnosed with endometriosis will worry how this condition will affect their ability to conceive, as well as their ability to have a normal and healthy pregnancy. Studies have shown that women diagnosed with endometriosis have a harder time...
- Anemia: Learning More About The Unfortunates
Anemia is a medical condition in which the count of red blood cells in the blood is lower than the normal number. This can occur due to many reasons such as deficiency of some vitamin, iron or it can also be hereditary. It is one of the most common disorders of blood and there are reports suggesting...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Hysterectomy
Within the pelvic cavity, two ovaries connect via the fallopian tubes to the centrally positioned uterus, creating the female reproductive system. These organs produce female growth hormones, release ova (eggs), control the menstrual cycle, and oversee pregnancy, gestation, and the birth of a baby....
- Newer Birth Control Pills May Help to Lower the Risk of Ovarian Cancer
For a long time, it was feared that birth control pills would increase the chance of getting diseases such as ovarian cancer. However, multiple studies have surfaced, showing that women who use birth control pills actually have a lower risk of getting ovarian cancer. ...
- Syphilis: How Does It Affect Men and Women?
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease that affects both men and women. The most common locations for the chancre to appear are in the penis, vagina, anus, and even in the oral cavity. There is not much difference in men and women as far as symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments are concerned....
- Lupus and Pregnancy: An Improving Outlook
In the past, most — if not all — lupus sufferers were warned against getting pregnant. The combination of signs and symptoms, coupled with the bodily strain from the pregnancy, would combine into a high-risk situation for both the mother as well as the baby. Furthermore, the fact that most...
- Dr. Lisa Blake MD15 Riverbend Dr Sw Rome GA 30161
- Dr. Marc Merrick Dean MD330 Turner Mccall Blvd Sw Rome GA 30165
- Dr. Douglas Ross Lawrence MD330 Turner Mccall Blvd Sw Rome GA 30165
- Dr. Raymond Roderick Jarvis MD330 Turner Mccall Blvd Sw Rome GA 30165
- Dr. Margaret Thompson Marion DO330 Turner Mccall Blvd Sw Rome GA 30165
- Dr. Kristen Higgins Leezer M.D.Wfubmc Department Of Ob/Gyn Medical Center Bouleva Winston Salem NC 27157