David Jin, MD, PhD, is a well-versed clinical-scientist in hematology, oncology and regenerative medicine with over a decade of experience in his field. He maintains a private medical office, serves as Chief Medical Officer at BioTime, Inc., and Chief Medical Officer at OncoCyte Corporation. Dr. Jin also acts as a Senior Translational Scientist at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the Ansary Stem Cell Center at Cornell. Prior to his current endeavors, Dr. Jin worked for the Food and Drug Administration in the United States as Medical Reviewer at the Oncology Product Development Division. He also was Chief Consultant/Advisor for various biotech/pharmaceutical companies regarding hematology, oncology, immunotherapy and stem cell-based technology development. Dr. Jin has been Principle Investigator in more than 15 pre-clinical and clinical trials, as well as author/co-author of over 80 peer-reviewed scientific abstracts, articles, reviews, and book chapters. He received his clinical training and subsequent faculty tenure at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital (the teaching hospital for both Cornell and Columbia Universities) in the areas of internal medicine, hematology, and clinical oncology. He received was honored as Top Chief Medical Officer in 2012.
Education and Training
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Speaking on Research and Development of Stem Cell Cancer Therapy and Traditional Medicine -
- Senior Clinician Scientist, Ansary Stem Cell Institute and Howard Hughes Medical Institute -
- Cofounder of the Center of Excellence in Translational Medicine, Corey Institute of Biomedical Research -
- Top Chief Medical Officer, 2012
- New York Presbysterian Hospital (Hematology and Oncology)
Articles and Publications
- 30 Peer Reviewed Articles (including Nature, Nature Medicine, Cell, PNAS, JCI)
Areas of research
- Translation research in stem cell biology, cancer and vascular medicine. Principle investigator in more than 15 pre-clinical and clinical trials
- Formerly Affilaited with New York-Presbyerian Hospital
- Ansary Stem Cell Institute
David Jin's Practice location
Staten Island, New York 10301 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With David Jin | Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
David Jin's reviewsWrite Review
- How is Multiple Myeloma Diagnosed?
Various tests are conducted for the diagnosis of multiple myeloma since one result of a laboratory test cannot diagnose it alone. A number of factors like the history, complete body check-up, diagnostic test reports and symptoms of the patient are taken into consideration to get a proper diagnosis...
- Life Lessons After Multiple Misdiagnoses of Lymphoma
28-year-old Jessica DeCristofaro had been coughing persistently and she was told by her doctor that it was a result of allergies. She even took medication for her supposed allergies over the course of two years. When the medication failed to improve her persistent cough, another doctor diagnosed her...
- Dreams Do Come True: 9-year-old Baseball Fanatic Signed Onto Team
Like most young baseball fans, John “Parker” Staples' room is covered in memorabilia from his favorite team, the Washington Nationals, but unlike most kids, Parker's room is at the University of Virginia Children's Hospital.John “Parker” Staples, is nine-year old who was diagnosed with...
- AstraZeneca Gains United States Approval for Lymphoma Drug
Some forms of lymphoma are rarer than others. Most people can recognize Hodgkin lymphoma, but mantle cell lymphoma will strike them as a surprise.Because it is so rare, there are not as many drugs specific to this form of cancer. One has recently been approved in the United States, by the Food and...
- Daughter's Donation Gives Mom with Lymphoma a Fighting Chance
Chyanne Ojageer, a 14-year-old teenager from Kissimmee, Florida, became one of the youngest bone marrow donors in the state when she donated her own bone marrow to help save her mother’s life.Neisha Ojageer, never even her wildest dreams, thought that her daughter would be the same individual to...
- Tips on How to Live with Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma, a type of cancer, adversely affects plasma cells, which are your immune system’s components. The American Cancer Society indicates that in 2014, more than 24,000 people in the United States had multiple myeloma.Multiple myeloma patients can lose their appetite due to the adverse...
- Dr. Maqsood Amjad M.D. 36 Progress Street Edison NJ 08820
- Pilar Nava-Parada 20 W 72nd St New York NY 10023
- Brian H. Kim 350 Engle Street Englewood New Jersey 7631
- Stefan Gluck 86 Morris Ave Summit NJ 07901
- Dr. Francis A. Forte M.D. 350 Engle St Englewood NJ 07631
- Dr. Muhammad I. Kafeel M.D. 1 Brookdale Plz Brooklyn NY 11212