Hemangi Sane, MD, is the Deputy Director and Head of Research and Development of Stem Cell Therapy at the Neurogen Brain & Spine Institute at StemAsia Hospital and Research Centre in India. She is an internal medicine specialist with 15 years of experience in neurological disorders, stem cell therapy, and internal medicine. Dr. Sane has the distinction of certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine, USMLE - Step III; as well as certification from the advanced cardiac and basic life supports. She received multiple awards over the course of her career and remains active in her field to continue increasing her standard of care. To remain active, she is also an Ethics Committee Member for the Institutional Committee for Stem Cell Research and Therapy.
Education and Training
Metropolitan Hospital; New York Medical College
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine; USMLE
Step III.; ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support); BLS (Basic Life Support)
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- A New Look at the Ethics & Regulations of Stem Cell Therapy in Neurological Disorders: The 2 Sides of a Coin, Presentation -
- Television Live Interview on Doordarshan in -
- In-charge of the Association of Neurorestoratology -
- Motivation Workshop Speaker, Neurogen Brain & Spine Institute -
- Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation International Women's Day Award, Presented by the Mayor of Mumbai, 2013
- Intercollegiate Quiz on Diabetes Mellitus Award, 1998
- Merit Scholarship, Talen Search Examination, 1992
- Maharashtra National Scholarship, 1991
Professional Society Memberships
- Indian Medical Association, American Medical Association, American College of Physicians, Ethics Committee Member (Institutional Committee for Stem Cell Research and Therapy)
Articles and Publications
- Autologous bone marrow monoculcear cell therapy for autism--an open label proof of concept study, Stem Cell International, 2013
- Functional recovery in chronic sstage of spinal cord injury by neuroretorative approach, Case Reports in Surgery, 2014
- Cellular therapy targeting functional outcome in a case of cervical spine cord injury, Advances in Stem Cells, 2014
- Stem Cell Therapy for Cerebral Palsy - Challenges for the Future
- Founding member of India's first non-profit organization for motor neuron disease patients and their families, Asha Ek Hope Foundation. Participates in various community programs, Walkathon and special events to raise awareness about stem cell therapy. Free medical check-up camps for muscular dystrophy patients. AIDS Awareness Program in Mumbai. Associate In-Charge for vaccinations for children of Mumbai.
- Neurogen Brain & Spine Institute
Hemangi Sane's Practice location
Brighton, MA 2135Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Hemangi Sane | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Hemangi Sane's reviewsWrite Review
- Enuresis in Adults
What is enuresis in adults?Enuresis is the medical term for bedwetting, which is an issue most often seen in young children. However, certain adults also face this problem. In adults, it often becomes harder to talk about something, which is considered as a childhood problem. However, it is...
- Can Probiotics Help Your Upset Stomach?
Probiotics are microorganisms that are helpful to improve the digestive system. Probiotics are typically found in different foods and supplements. These microorganisms maintain the balance of the microbial flora in the intestines. It promotes the growth of good bacteria, and inhibits the growth of...
- Round and Yellow M 66 Pill
M 66 PillThis pill is round and yellow in color with an imprint of “M 66”. It has been identified as meloxicam 7.5 mg, which is used for the treatment of inflammatory conditions, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and tendonitis.Under the Controlled Substances Act, meloxicam is...
- Does AZO Work for UTIs?
What is AZO?AZO is an analgesic that relieves urinary discomfort caused by a urinary tract infection or catheter use. It is a brand name for phenazopyridine hydrochloride. It eases the pain in the urinary tract by soothing the mucous membranes. However, its exact mechanism remains unknown.The active...
- Apples Rank Number One on the Dirty Dozen's List
Apples are contaminated with pesticides and tops the list of ‘dirty dozen’, while onions are rated as the best among the ‘Clean 15’. The ratings are provided by consumer advocates at the nonprofit Environmental Working Group (EWG), based on the pesticides test conducted by the U.S....
- Stressed? Don't Reach for Junk Food - Eat a Purple Potato
A recent study in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry showed that two servings of purple potatoes in a diet, can help to reduce blood pressure and control weight gain. The participants of the study were divided into two groups. In one group, the participants were assigned a diet that...
- Dr. Connie H. Chen MD16 Hayden Avenue Lexington Massachusetts 2421
- Dr. Jean S. Bonnet M.D.745 River Street Mattapan Massachusetts 02126
- Dr. Barbara A. Stewart M.D.1400 Centre Street Newton Massachusetts 02459
- Dr. Irina Maysky M.D.645 Central Avenue Needham Heights Massachusetts 2494
- Dr. Richard A. Brodie M.D.358 Harvard St Brookline MA 02446
- Dr. Karen Isselbacher MD140 Gould Street Needham Massachusetts 02494