Hemangi Sane, MD, is the Deputy Director and Head of Research and Development of Stem Cell Therapy at the Neurogen Brain & Spine Institute at StemAsia Hospital and Research Centre in India. She is an internal medicine specialist with 15 years of experience in neurological disorders, stem cell therapy, and internal medicine. Dr. Sane has the distinction of certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine, USMLE - Step III; as well as certification from the advanced cardiac and basic life supports. She received multiple awards over the course of her career and remains active in her field to continue increasing her standard of care. To remain active, she is also an Ethics Committee Member for the Institutional Committee for Stem Cell Research and Therapy.
Hemangi Sane's Videos
Education and Training
Metropolitan Hospital; New York Medical College
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine; USMLE
Step III.; ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support); BLS (Basic Life Support)
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- A New Look at the Ethics & Regulations of Stem Cell Therapy in Neurological Disorders: The 2 Sides of a Coin, Presentation -
- Television Live Interview on Doordarshan in -
- In-charge of the Association of Neurorestoratology -
- Motivation Workshop Speaker, Neurogen Brain & Spine Institute -
- Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation International Women's Day Award, Presented by the Mayor of Mumbai, 2013
- Intercollegiate Quiz on Diabetes Mellitus Award, 1998
- Merit Scholarship, Talen Search Examination, 1992
- Maharashtra National Scholarship, 1991
Professional Society Memberships
- Indian Medical Association, American Medical Association, American College of Physicians, Ethics Committee Member (Institutional Committee for Stem Cell Research and Therapy)
Articles and Publications
- Autologous bone marrow monoculcear cell therapy for autism--an open label proof of concept study, Stem Cell International, 2013
- Functional recovery in chronic sstage of spinal cord injury by neuroretorative approach, Case Reports in Surgery, 2014
- Cellular therapy targeting functional outcome in a case of cervical spine cord injury, Advances in Stem Cells, 2014
- Stem Cell Therapy for Cerebral Palsy - Challenges for the Future
- Founding member of India's first non-profit organization for motor neuron disease patients and their families, Asha Ek Hope Foundation. Participates in various community programs, Walkathon and special events to raise awareness about stem cell therapy. Free medical check-up camps for muscular dystrophy patients. AIDS Awareness Program in Mumbai. Associate In-Charge for vaccinations for children of Mumbai.
Hemangi Sane's Practice location
Brighton, MA 2135Get Direction
- Health Benefits of Magnesium Supplements
Magnesium plays a very important role in the smooth functioning of body processes. It has been observed that a deficiency in magnesium is considered to be one of the leading nutrient deficiencies among adults. In such cases, it is often a good idea to take magnesium supplements along with eating...
- Croup in Adults
Croup in AdultsAlthough croup is commonly observed in children who are 6 months to 3 years old, it is also possible for adults to get the infection in rare cases. Croup is a viral respiratory infection caused by human parainfluenza viruses (HPIVs). However, other causes of croup may include...
- Are Detox Diets Effective?
Body detoxes are becoming a popular fad among society. From celebrities, to the girl next door, everyone seems to raving over this complicated diet. A detox diet relies on a meal plan, or lifestyle change, that would help to remove toxins from your body. Companies are catching on to this trend;...
- Lactose Intolerance vs. IBS
OverviewIrritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a gastrointestinal (GI) disorder that can be mistaken for lactose intolerance and other digestive issues. Know the differences between these disorders to find relief and effective treatment. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) has a variety of potential causes....
- Why you Should Really Take that Power Nap
Power naps help you to improve your memory, concentration, and creativity. Making this a part of the regular routine helps to combat fatigue and be active throughout the rest of the day.A short nap of 15 to 20 minutes will help you to recharge, and keep you alert and active. This is really helpful...
- What Is Ferrous Sulfate?
Ferrous sulfate is an essential mineral and a type of iron used for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia (IDA). When a person lacks iron, symptoms such as tiredness, shortness of breath, and decreased physical performance may be experienced. Low levels of iron in the body can be treated by...
- Pablo Rengifo-Moreno M.D.736 Cambridge St Brighton MA 02135
- Dr. Connie H. Chen MD16 HAYDEN AVE LEXINGTON MA 02421
- Dr. Daniela Capriles M.D.131 Old Rd To 9 Acre Cor Concord MA 01742
- Dr. Jean S. Bonnet M.D.745 RIVER ST MATTAPAN MA 02126
- Dr. Elad Anter M.D.75 Francis St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Barbara A. Stewart M.D.1400 Centre Street Newton Massachusetts 02459