Hemangi Sane, MD, is the Deputy Director and Head of Research and Development of Stem Cell Therapy at the Neurogen Brain & Spine Institute at StemAsia Hospital and Research Centre in India. She is an internal medicine specialist with 15 years of experience in neurological disorders, stem cell therapy, and internal medicine. Dr. Sane has the distinction of certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine, USMLE - Step III; as well as certification from the advanced cardiac and basic life supports. She received multiple awards over the course of her career and remains active in her field to continue increasing her standard of care. To remain active, she is also an Ethics Committee Member for the Institutional Committee for Stem Cell Research and Therapy.
Education and Training
Metropolitan Hospital; New York Medical College
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine; USMLE
Step III.; ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support); BLS (Basic Life Support)
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- A New Look at the Ethics & Regulations of Stem Cell Therapy in Neurological Disorders: The 2 Sides of a Coin, Presentation -
- Television Live Interview on Doordarshan in -
- In-charge of the Association of Neurorestoratology -
- Motivation Workshop Speaker, Neurogen Brain & Spine Institute -
- Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation International Women's Day Award, Presented by the Mayor of Mumbai, 2013
- Intercollegiate Quiz on Diabetes Mellitus Award, 1998
- Merit Scholarship, Talen Search Examination, 1992
- Maharashtra National Scholarship, 1991
Professional Society Memberships
- Indian Medical Association, American Medical Association, American College of Physicians, Ethics Committee Member (Institutional Committee for Stem Cell Research and Therapy)
Articles and Publications
- Autologous bone marrow monoculcear cell therapy for autism--an open label proof of concept study, Stem Cell International, 2013
- Functional recovery in chronic sstage of spinal cord injury by neuroretorative approach, Case Reports in Surgery, 2014
- Cellular therapy targeting functional outcome in a case of cervical spine cord injury, Advances in Stem Cells, 2014
- Stem Cell Therapy for Cerebral Palsy - Challenges for the Future
- Founding member of India's first non-profit organization for motor neuron disease patients and their families, Asha Ek Hope Foundation. Participates in various community programs, Walkathon and special events to raise awareness about stem cell therapy. Free medical check-up camps for muscular dystrophy patients. AIDS Awareness Program in Mumbai. Associate In-Charge for vaccinations for children of Mumbai.
- Neurogen Brain & Spine Institute
Hemangi Sane's Practice location
Brighton, MA 2135Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Hemangi Sane | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Hemangi Sane's reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Cat Scratch Fever?
What is cat scratch fever?Cat scratch fever is also known as "cat scratch disease", which is a type of bacterial infection. The disease got its name because humans contract the infection from cats that are infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae, which is one of the most common...
- What is Interstitial Cystitis?
Interstitial cystitis, also known as painful bladder syndrome, is a chronic condition of the urinary bladder that causes extreme pain and discomfort. It mostly affects women, but may be seen in men as well. Interstitial cystitis often causes mild to severe pain in and around the pelvic area....
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Are Spas Safe?
The word spa derives from the history of a small village in Belgium, where Roman soldiers would relax in local hot mineral springs to alleviate body aches. Bath techniques, similar to the ones the Romans took advantage of in Belgium, have been used to cure many ailments in different...
- Myrbetriq Side Effects and Usage
Generic Name: MirabegronBrand Name: MyrbetriqWhat is Myrbetriq?Myrbetriq (mirabegron) is a prescription medication that is FDA-approved for the treatment of overactive bladder (OAB) along with its symptoms, such as urinary frequency, urgency, and leakage in adults. This medication helps control...
- Levator Scapulae Muscle: Function, Trigger Points, and Anatomy
Levator Scapulae MuscleThe levator scapulae is a long muscle, which is located at the back and side of the neck. It is known to end at the top of the shoulder. Its Latin name indicates its function of lifting the scapula. Regardless of muscular development, this long muscle is difficult to see. It...
- Dr. Connie H. Chen MD16 Hayden Avenue Lexington Massachusetts 2421
- Dr. Jean S. Bonnet M.D.745 River Street Mattapan Massachusetts 02126
- Dr. Barbara A. Stewart M.D.1400 Centre Street Newton Massachusetts 02459
- Dr. Irina Maysky M.D.645 Central Avenue Needham Heights Massachusetts 2494
- Dr. Richard A. Brodie M.D.358 Harvard St Brookline MA 02446
- Dr. Karen Isselbacher MD140 Gould Street Needham Massachusetts 02494