Hemangi Sane, MD, is the Deputy Director and Head of Research and Development of Stem Cell Therapy at the Neurogen Brain & Spine Institute at StemAsia Hospital and Research Centre in India. She is an internal medicine specialist with 15 years of experience in neurological disorders, stem cell therapy, and internal medicine. Dr. Sane has the distinction of certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine, USMLE - Step III; as well as certification from the advanced cardiac and basic life supports. She received multiple awards over the course of her career and remains active in her field to continue increasing her standard of care. To remain active, she is also an Ethics Committee Member for the Institutional Committee for Stem Cell Research and Therapy.
Education and Training
Metropolitan Hospital; New York Medical College
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine; USMLE
Step III.; ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support); BLS (Basic Life Support)
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- A New Look at the Ethics & Regulations of Stem Cell Therapy in Neurological Disorders: The 2 Sides of a Coin, Presentation -
- Television Live Interview on Doordarshan in -
- In-charge of the Association of Neurorestoratology -
- Motivation Workshop Speaker, Neurogen Brain & Spine Institute -
- Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation International Women's Day Award, Presented by the Mayor of Mumbai, 2013
- Intercollegiate Quiz on Diabetes Mellitus Award, 1998
- Merit Scholarship, Talen Search Examination, 1992
- Maharashtra National Scholarship, 1991
Professional Society Memberships
- Indian Medical Association, American Medical Association, American College of Physicians, Ethics Committee Member (Institutional Committee for Stem Cell Research and Therapy)
Articles and Publications
- Autologous bone marrow monoculcear cell therapy for autism--an open label proof of concept study, Stem Cell International, 2013
- Functional recovery in chronic sstage of spinal cord injury by neuroretorative approach, Case Reports in Surgery, 2014
- Cellular therapy targeting functional outcome in a case of cervical spine cord injury, Advances in Stem Cells, 2014
- Stem Cell Therapy for Cerebral Palsy - Challenges for the Future
- Founding member of India's first non-profit organization for motor neuron disease patients and their families, Asha Ek Hope Foundation. Participates in various community programs, Walkathon and special events to raise awareness about stem cell therapy. Free medical check-up camps for muscular dystrophy patients. AIDS Awareness Program in Mumbai. Associate In-Charge for vaccinations for children of Mumbai.
Hemangi Sane's Practice location
Brighton, MA 2135Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Hemangi Sane | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Hemangi Sane's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are White 377 Pills: Usage, Dosage and Effects
IntroductionThe 377 pill is an elliptical or oval-shaped, white-colored tablet with an imprint of "377". It has been identified to contain tramadol hydrochloride in the strength of 50 mg. This tablet is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. The size of this tablet is 13 mm. It is only...
- What Are Vaccines?
What is a vaccine?Vaccines are products that enable a person to develop immunity against certain diseases. A vaccine can be given through needle injections, by aerosol, or by mouth. The polio vaccine is given in the form of mouth drops that contain live but weakened organisms. The vaccine gets into...
- Viral vs. Bacterial Infections: Know the Difference
IntroductionBoth bacterial and viral infections are caused by microbes, such as bacteria and viruses. These microbes are spread through the following:...
- 10 Natural Ways to Lower Your Blood Sugar
High blood sugar, also known as hyperglycemia, happens when blood glucose is abnormally high due to your body’s improper use of insulin or when your body cannot produce insulin. It mainly affects people with diabetes. Food intake, sedentary lifestyle, illnesses, and not taking the prescribed...
- What Is Diclofenac?
What is diclofenac?Diclofenac is an analgesic and anti-inflammatory medicine that belongs to the drug class called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Different types of pain such as dental pain, muscle pain associated with injury or surgery, and migraine can be treated by diclofenac. Redness...
- What Does Triamcinolone Treat?
Triamcinolone topical is used for the treatment of various skin conditions and their symptoms, such as redness, inflammation, itching, and other discomforts. This topical medication is also a corticosteroid and only available through prescription. Other available forms of triamcinolone are:...
- Dr. Connie H. Chen MD16 HAYDEN AVE LEXINGTON MA 02421
- Dr. Daniela Capriles M.D.131 Old Rd To 9 Acre Cor Concord MA 01742
- Dr. Jean S. Bonnet M.D.745 RIVER ST MATTAPAN MA 02126
- Dr. Barbara A. Stewart M.D.1400 Centre Street Newton Massachusetts 02459
- Dr. Irina Maysky M.D.319 ALLSTON ST BRIGHTON MA 02135
- Jordan Hill2014 Washington St Newton Lower Falls MA 02462