Education and Training
Harvard University BA
Boston University MD
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1970
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Rationing health care services through regulation.
- The medical staff's contribution to cost containment.
- Technology evaluation in the hospital setting: starting from the bottom up.
- Physicans and CEOs must rediscover common goals.
- Physician rights and selective closed staffs.
- Physician and hospital involvement in community health education.
- HSAs versus physicians--health planning adversaries.
- Care of the dying: a challenge to physicians.
- Aging America: new responses needed urgently.
- Collaborative practice: new concept has promise and problems.
- Corporate management model eroding physician influence in hospitals.
- Ethics and technology: crossroads in decision making.
- Appropriateness review: the physician's role.
- Involving physicians in hospital management.
- Should trustees be members of medical staff committees? It's debatable.
- The full-time medical director--will he flourish?
- Four methods show how to control development of new technologies.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Speaking at Hospitals Around the Country -
- Lectures internationally on Preventative Medicine and the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. -
- Presidential Citation for his work in the Public Health Service as a Full Surgeon
- Pa Hospital-Uphs, Internal Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Pennsylvania
What do you attribute your success to?
- Medical Curiosity, Wanting to Help People and Keep Others Healthy
Hobbies / Sports
- Working Out, Golf
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
- Great West Healthcare
- ChoiceGuard / Healthy Directions
- Coastal Healthcare
- Davis Vision
- Dental HMO/MGD/Pre-Paid
- Extended Access PPO
- Guardian Advantage Gold Dental PPO
- Guardian Advantage Silver Dental PPO
- SuperMed - SC
- Texas True Choice
- Tribute Enhanced (Medicare)
- Tribute Plan (Medicare)
- Humana Health
- Autograph Share 80 Plus Rx
- Autograph Total HSA
- Autograph Total Plus Rx/HSA
- COT National POS - Open Access
- Choice POS
- Condell Custom PPO
- Contact Behavioral Health
- Copay 70%
- Copay 80%
- DaimlerChrysler Network
- Dell National EPO
- EPO PPO Open Access
- Enhanced (PDP)
- Enhanced Copay
- Enhanced HSA
- Exam Plus (VCP)
- EyeMed Advantage
- EyeMed Focus
- EyeMed Optimum
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- GE Health Care Preferred
- Group Medicare HMO
- Group Medicare PPO
- HMO IPA
- HMO Premier
- HMO Select
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- HealthCare Partners
- High Deductible Health Plan
- Hospira Premier HMO Illinois
- Humana Behavioral Health
- Humana Cares
- Humana Classic
- Humana Enhanced PDP
- Humana Family (Florida Medicaid)
- Humana Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Gold Plus HMO (Medicare)
- Humana Medicare Supplement High Deductible Plan F
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan A
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan B
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan C
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan F
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan K
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan L
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan N
- Humana Preferred Kroger Lou
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Advantage Plan
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Supplement A
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Supplement High Deductible F
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Supplement Plan F
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Supplement Plan K
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Supplement Plan N
- Humana Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan PDP
- Humana/ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana/ChoiceCare+ Network PPO
- HumanaChoice (PPO)
- HumanaChoicePPO (Medicare PPO)
- HumanaOnce HSA
- HumanaOne Copay
- HumanaOne Enhanced
- HumanaOne Enhanced Copay
- HumanaOne Enhanced HSA
- HumanaOne Value
- HumanaPreferred POS-OpenAccess
- Medicare Supplement High Deductible Plan F
- Medicare Supplement Plan B
- Medicare Supplement Plan C
- Mental Health (MHNet)
- Monogram Total Plus Rx
- National EPO
- National HMO
- National POS - Open Access
- National POS - Open Access Plus
- National POS - OpenAccess
- National POS - OpenAccess Plus
- P&G National POS
- Personal Care Account (PCA)
- Personal Care Account PPO
- Point of Service
- Portrait Share 80 Plus Rx Unlimited
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- RHS Provider Network
- Saint Joseph Hospital NPOS
- St Vincents Health System
- US Bank
- UT HMO
- Value 100%
- Vision Care Plan (VCP)
- Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan (PDP)
- Multiplan PHCS
Dr. John Mamana M.D.'s Practice location
McLean, Virginia 22101 Get Direction
RESTON, VA 20191 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. John Mamana M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. John Mamana M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mamana
- Nail Polish May Contain Toxic Chemicals
According to a California report, some of the polishes and other products used in nail salons contain high levels of toxic chemicals, in spite of label that it is toxic-free. Scientist Valetti Lang, acting manager of the Pollution Prevention Branch of the Department of Toxic Substances Control for...
- What Is G6PD Deficiency?
Introduction G6PD is actually an enzyme and G6PD deficiency occurs when there is a deficiency of this enzyme. This condition is not fatal, but in acute as well as in the chronic breakdown of red blood cells, it causes a spectrum of complaints such as jaundice. This condition is inherited and a...
- How Can I Improve my Metabolic Rate?
A number of factors, apart from your genes, decide the rate at which food is broken down in our body to release much needed energy. This includes body size, age, gender, hormonal levels, and physical activity. Thankfully, metabolic rate can be increased, irrespective of gender, body size, or age.Of...
- What Could Lightheadedness Mean?
What is Lightheadedness?Older adults commonly complain about feeling woozy, lightheaded, or a little faint.The reason may not be something dangerous, but still, if you feel lightheaded, it is better to be careful. Serious injuries due to a fall can result due to lightheadedness even though there...
- Croup in Adults
Croup in AdultsAlthough croup is commonly observed in children who are 6 months to 3 years old, it is also possible for adults to get the infection in rare cases. Croup is a viral respiratory infection caused by human parainfluenza viruses (HPIVs). However, other causes of croup may include...
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- Dr. Mohammad Khalid MD 2730 University Blvd. West Wheaton-Glenmont Maryland 20902
- Dr. Anubhav Mital M.D. 1010 Cereal Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45103
- Petek Donmez 6224 Montrose Road Rockville Maryland 20852
- Dr. Girma K. Tefera MD 50 S Pickett St Alexandria Virginia 22304
- Dr. Shayma al-Mudhafar M.D. 6319 Castle Place Falls Church Virginia 22044
- Quang Ngoc Tu 4426 Winding Oak Drive Olney Maryland 20832