Education and Training
Harvard University BA
Boston University MD
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1970
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Rationing health care services through regulation.
- The medical staff's contribution to cost containment.
- Technology evaluation in the hospital setting: starting from the bottom up.
- Physicans and CEOs must rediscover common goals.
- Physician rights and selective closed staffs.
- Physician and hospital involvement in community health education.
- HSAs versus physicians--health planning adversaries.
- Care of the dying: a challenge to physicians.
- Aging America: new responses needed urgently.
- Collaborative practice: new concept has promise and problems.
- Corporate management model eroding physician influence in hospitals.
- Ethics and technology: crossroads in decision making.
- Appropriateness review: the physician's role.
- Involving physicians in hospital management.
- Should trustees be members of medical staff committees? It's debatable.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Speaking at Hospitals Around the Country -
- Lectures internationally on Preventative Medicine and the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. -
- Presidential Citation for his work in the Public Health Service as a Full Surgeon
- Pa Hospital-Uphs, Internal Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Pennsylvania
What do you attribute your success to?
- Medical Curiosity, Wanting to Help People and Keep Others Healthy
Hobbies / Sports
- Working Out, Golf
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
Dr. John Mamana M.D.'s Practice location
McLean, Virginia 22101Get Direction
RESTON, VA 20191Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. John Mamana M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. John Mamana M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mamana
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk of Getting Appendicitis?
The appendix found in the human body was long the subject of debate among doctors all over the world in their journals and reviews. However, very few of these debates have turned out to be worthy of serious consideration because the majority of doctors have conceded the fact that the appendix serves...
- Are There Supplements to Protect Your Health During Flu Season?
During flu season, it is difficult to keep your symptoms at bay once you have contracted the virus. Moreover, certain over-the-counter medications can cause nausea because your body is not used to being so weak, in addition to a multitude of side effects caused by these drugs. There have been...
- Zika Virus Symptoms: What Is Zika Virus and Travel Recommendations
In 1947, the Zika virus was discovered and got its name from Uganda’s Zika Forest. The first human case of Zika was identified in 1952. Since then, outbreaks of the virus were reported in the Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, and Africa, although it was possible for Zika outbreaks to happen in...
- What Could Lightheadedness Mean?
What is Lightheadedness?Older adults commonly complain about feeling woozy, lightheaded, or a little faint.The reason may not be something dangerous, but still, if you feel lightheaded, it is better to be careful. Serious injuries due to a fall can result due to lightheadedness even though there...
- Brown Fat is Great Fat
Brown fat is a health-friendly fat that helps the body to burn calories, instead of storing the energy as fat. Typically, adults do not have a lot of brown fat. A new study suggests that heart hormones may stimulate the production of brown fat cells. Researchers conducted a study on animals and...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- Dr. Alan R. Vinitsky M.D2301 Research Blvd Rockville MD 20850
- Dr. Girish Sadashiva Rao MD7700 Old Branch Ave Clinton MD 20735
- Dr. Katharine Spreng Waldmann M.D.3910 Rickover Rd Silver Spring MD 20902
- Dr. Mohammad Khalid MD2730 University Blvd. West Wheaton-Glenmont Maryland 20902
- Dr. Anubhav Mital M.D.1010 Cereal Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45103
- Petek Donmez6224 Montrose Road Rockville Maryland 20852