Dr. John Mamana M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
Harvard University BA
Boston University MD
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1970
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Rationing health care services through regulation.
- The medical staff's contribution to cost containment.
- Technology evaluation in the hospital setting: starting from the bottom up.
- Physicans and CEOs must rediscover common goals.
- Physician rights and selective closed staffs.
- Physician and hospital involvement in community health education.
- HSAs versus physicians--health planning adversaries.
- Care of the dying: a challenge to physicians.
- Aging America: new responses needed urgently.
- Collaborative practice: new concept has promise and problems.
- Corporate management model eroding physician influence in hospitals.
- Ethics and technology: crossroads in decision making.
- Appropriateness review: the physician's role.
- Involving physicians in hospital management.
- Should trustees be members of medical staff committees? It's debatable.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Speaking at Hospitals Around the Country -
- Lectures internationally on Preventative Medicine and the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. -
- Presidential Citation for his work in the Public Health Service as a Full Surgeon
- University of Pennsylvania
What do you attribute your success to?
- Medical Curiosity, Wanting to Help People and Keep Others Healthy
Hobbies / Sports
- Working Out, Golf
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. John Mamana M.D.'s Practice location
McLean, Virginia 22101Get Direction
RESTON, VA 20191Get Direction
Dr. John Mamana M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mamana
- How to Choose the Right Conditioner for Your Hair
Remember that not all hair products are good for everyone. Understanding how to choose the right conditioner is very important to get healthy locks.In most cases, your professional hair stylist would be able to choose the right conditioner for your hair. This is mostly based on the texture of your...
- E. coli and Urinary Tract Infections
What is a urinary tract infection?The main function of the urinary system is to get rid of waste, maintain the body’s water balance, and regulate electrolytes. Its function starts with the kidneys, the organ that filter blood to produce urine, which is composed of extra fluid and wastes. Before...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- Reduce Your Risk of Stroke
Dutch researchers have found a strong link between eating white-fleshed fruits and vegetables, and reducing the risk of a stroke. A significant reduction in the risk of stroke was noted in an analysis of self-reported information from approximately 26,069 people between the ages of 20-years-old and...
- What Are Petechiae?
What Are Petechiae?Petechiae can be described as marks or blotches that normally appear on the skin and are tiny, round, and purplish or reddish in color. Petechiae are usually pinpoint-sized. Minor hemorrhage (bleeding that is localized below the skin) is the source of petechiae.Although they...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Dr. Alan R. Vinitsky M.D2301 Research Blvd Rockville MD 20850
- Dr. Girish Sadashiva Rao MD7700 Old Branch Ave Clinton MD 20735
- Dr. Katharine Spreng Waldmann M.D.3910 Rickover Rd Silver Spring MD 20902
- Dr. Mohammad Khalid MD2730 University Blvd. West Wheaton-Glenmont Maryland 20902
- Dr. Anubhav Mital M.D.3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Petek Donmez6224 Montrose Road Rockville Maryland 20852