Education and Training
Harvard University BA
Boston University MD
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1970
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Rationing health care services through regulation.
- The medical staff's contribution to cost containment.
- Technology evaluation in the hospital setting: starting from the bottom up.
- Physicans and CEOs must rediscover common goals.
- Physician rights and selective closed staffs.
- Physician and hospital involvement in community health education.
- HSAs versus physicians--health planning adversaries.
- Care of the dying: a challenge to physicians.
- Aging America: new responses needed urgently.
- Collaborative practice: new concept has promise and problems.
- Corporate management model eroding physician influence in hospitals.
- Ethics and technology: crossroads in decision making.
- Appropriateness review: the physician's role.
- Involving physicians in hospital management.
- Should trustees be members of medical staff committees? It's debatable.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Speaking at Hospitals Around the Country -
- Lectures internationally on Preventative Medicine and the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. -
- Presidential Citation for his work in the Public Health Service as a Full Surgeon
- Pa Hospital-Uphs, Internal Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Pennsylvania
What do you attribute your success to?
- Medical Curiosity, Wanting to Help People and Keep Others Healthy
Hobbies / Sports
- Working Out, Golf
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. John Mamana M.D.'s Practice location
McLean, Virginia 22101Get Direction
RESTON, VA 20191Get Direction
Dr. John Mamana M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mamana
- How to Get Rid of a Boil: Homeopathic Treatment and Prevention
IntroductionA small bump on any part of the body is always a troublesome affair. Has anyone wondered whether it is just a boil or a pimple? Although the two often look so similar, they are actually two different things. A pimple and a boil may start out similarly, wherein there would be a reddish...
- What Should I Know About Hangovers?
Many of us seem to know how to enjoy the night out and avoid the most uncomfortable hangover symptoms. Some of the tips seem to work quite well, while few others are just not enough. Many alternatives leave you feeling worse than normal. Many feel that hangovers are not a huge concern. The reality...
- How Long Can Sperm Live?
Introduction An average man ejaculates 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of semen. This small amount of semen contains millions of sperm cells. It only takes one sperm to fertilize an egg, but each sperm has a limited life span, which begins once it leaves a man's body.For a couple trying to have a baby,...
- What Is Toviaz?
Generic Name: FesoterodineBrand Name: ToviazWhat is Toviaz?Toviaz is a medication for the treatment of spasms that occur in the bladder muscles. The generic name of Toviaz is fesoterodine. This drug is mostly used for the treatment of an overactive bladder and other accompanying symptoms such...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- Is Athlete’s Foot Contagious?
Athlete's foot is an infection caused by a fungus, which affects the skin of the foot. This fungal infection is one of the most common skin problems. The infection starts from the toes and may spread to other areas of the body. The foot may start becoming itchy and scaly. The skin may also develop...
- Dr. Alan R. Vinitsky M.D2301 Research Blvd Rockville MD 20850
- Dr. Girish Sadashiva Rao MD7700 Old Branch Ave Clinton MD 20735
- Dr. Mohammad Khalid MD2730 University Blvd. West Wheaton-Glenmont Maryland 20902
- Dr. Anubhav Mital M.D.3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Petek Donmez6224 Montrose Road Rockville Maryland 20852
- Dr. Girma K. Tefera MD2946 SLEEPY HOLLOW RD FALLS CHURCH VA 22044