Board certified gastroenterologist, Robert T. Baker, MD, works with Gastroenterology Specialists of Orlando in Orlando, Florida. With 29 years of experience in gastroenterology, he has gained unmatched expertise in all facets of this challenging medical specialty. Gastroenterology is a branch of medicine and subspecialty of internal medicine in the United States focused on the digestive system and its disorders. Dr. Baker received his medical education from the University of Florida. Equipped with his medical degree obtained in 1983, he has completed his internship at Orlando Regional Medical Center and residency and fellowship training at Tulane University School of Medicine.
Education and Training
University of Florida
Univ of Fl Coll of Med, Gainesville Fl 1983
University of Florida College of Medicine 1983
American Board of Internal Medicine- Gastroenterology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Community Guest Lecturing -
- Chief of Gastroenterology at Orlando Regional Medical Center for 10 years -
- Guest speaker with Novartis Pharmaceuticals and The Chronic Liver Disease Foundation -
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Hepatitis C
- Tulane Univ Hosp & Clis, Gastroenterology; Orlando Reg Healthcare Sys, Internal Medicine
- LSU HEALTH SCIENCES
- Tulane University School of Medicine
- Orlando Regional Medical Center
- Tulane University School of Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
- Concern for his Patients, Ability to Share Knowledge with the community
Hobbies / Sports
- Jazz, Fishing
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. Robert Thomas Baker M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Robert Thomas Baker M.D. | Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Robert Thomas Baker M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Baker
- The Health Benefits of Fermented Foods
What is Fermented Food?Fermented food involves the process of fermentation where food is exposed to bacteria, yeast, or a combination of these microbes. This food is then broken down to lactic acid, which allows the microbes to enter through the air in the environment. Lactic acid protects us and...
- Alternative Treatments for Gallstones
Alternative Treatments For GallstonesA huge percentage of gallstones never show symptoms, but the moment a stone stops moving on its way to the small intestines from the gallbladder, trouble begins. That’s when signs start occurring, among them severe pain on the ride side of the abdomen that...
- Crohn's Disease and Diet: What Works
Once diagnosed with Crohn’s disease, maintaining the best diet is no longer as simple as cutting fried foods and loading up on greens. A balanced diet for someone with Crohn’s disease might include large amounts of what others would consider unhealthy food, since inflammation along the...
- New Research May Find a Breakthrough in Celiac Disease
The organization, Beyond Celiac, states that about one in 100 Americans have celiac disease and their quality of life is negatively affected. There is hope on the horizon; however, a partnership between an industrial pharmaceutical company and a university lab has potentially found a promising...
- What Are Treatment Options for the Stomach Flu?
What is the stomach flu?The stomach flu, as the name indicates, is not related to the respiratory disease influenza. It is the common name for gastroenteritis, a condition characterized by irritation and inflammation of the gut. This disease spreads through contaminated food and water, and is caused...
- Is Hepatitis B Contagious?
The hepatitis virus is one of the liver’s greatest enemies. It causes infections that can severely malfunction the liver, resulting in various conditions like scarring of the liver, liver failure, or even liver cancer. The hepatitis viruses have three types, namely, A, B, and C. While all three...
- Dr. Joseph Quagliata MD260 Lookout Place Maitland Florida 32751
- Richard James Straker623 Maitland Ave Altamonte Springs FL 32701
- Dr. Srinivas Seela MD100 N DEAN RD ORLANDO FL 32825
- Dr. Megan Delimata M.D.100 NORTH DEAN ROAD ORLANDO FL 32825
- Dr. Richard Anthony Dumois MD6735 Conroy Road Orlando FL 32835
- Dr. Matthew N Apter MD100 E Sybelia Ave Maitland FL 32751