Board certified gastroenterologist, Robert T. Baker, MD, works with Gastroenterology Specialists of Orlando in Orlando, Florida. With 29 years of experience in gastroenterology, he has gained unmatched expertise in all facets of this challenging medical specialty. Gastroenterology is a branch of medicine and subspecialty of internal medicine in the United States focused on the digestive system and its disorders. Dr. Baker received his medical education from the University of Florida. Equipped with his medical degree obtained in 1983, he has completed his internship at Orlando Regional Medical Center and residency and fellowship training at Tulane University School of Medicine.
Dr. Robert Thomas Baker M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
University of Florida
Univ of Fl Coll of Med, Gainesville Fl 1983
University of Florida College of Medicine 1983
American Board of Internal Medicine- Gastroenterology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Community Guest Lecturing -
- Chief of Gastroenterology at Orlando Regional Medical Center for 10 years -
- Guest speaker with Novartis Pharmaceuticals and The Chronic Liver Disease Foundation -
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Hepatitis C
- Orlando Regional Medical Center
- Tulane University School of Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
- Concern for his Patients, Ability to Share Knowledge with the community
Hobbies / Sports
- Jazz, Fishing
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. Robert Thomas Baker M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Robert Thomas Baker M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Baker
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- What are the Causes of Abdominal Pain?
A pain that may start or spread from anywhere in between the chest to the pelvic region is often referred to as abdominal pain. Abdominal pain is of different types. Some of them are acute, while others are chronic. Some of them may be rated as mild, while others may range between moderate and...
- Living in the Spotlight with Crohn's Disease
Natalie Hayden is 34, and a former TV news anchor. When she was diagnosed with Crohn's disease, and it changed her life. She endured multiple hospitalizations, was taking too many medications to count, and had seemingly constant flare ups. In 2015, she went in for her first surgery.Throughout her...
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck Raises Awareness of Celiac Disease
For some, the first time they heard much about the term "Gluten-free" was from Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who was formerly on The View. She also was a hardcore player on the show Survivor, inspiring many across the nation. Some didn't understand what celiac disease really was when she spoke about it, but...
- How Long Does the Stomach Flu Last?
What is a stomach flu?Gastroenteritis, also known as the "stomach flu" or "gastric flu", is the inflammation of the lining of the stomach and intestines. It is usually caused by a virus attacking the gastrointestinal system, although it can also be brought about by bacterial or parasitic...
- Dr. Joseph Quagliata MD260 Lookout Place Maitland Florida 32751
- Richard James Straker623 Maitland Ave Altamonte Springs FL 32701
- Dr. Jorge Zapatier MD623 MAITLAND AVE STE 2200 ALTAMONTE SPRINGS FL 32701
- Dr. Richard Anthony Dumois MD6735 Conroy Road Orlando FL 32835
- Dr. Megan Delimata M.D.100 NORTH DEAN ROAD ORLANDO FL 32825
- Dr. Srinivas Seela MD100 N DEAN RD ORLANDO FL 32825