Dr. Harry C. Yuan, DO, MPH, FCCP, FAASM
Pediatrician | Pediatric Pulmonology330 Laurel Street Suite 1200 Des Moines Iowa, 50314
Dr. Harry Yuan practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Des Moines, Iowa. Dr. Yuan treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Western University of Health Sciences
American Board of Pediatrics- General Pediatrics
Pediatric Pulmonology; American Board of Sleep Medicine- Sleep Medicine
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- [Role of human and domestic animal reservoirs of schistosomiasis japonica in Dongting and Boyang Lake regions].
- Epidemiological features and control of schistosomiasis japonica in China.
- Barium sulphate tragacanth mucilage in place of lipiodol in roentgenography.
- Iliac condensation: report of 23 cases.
- Index of suspicion.
- [Relationship between interleukin-8 levels in expressed prostatic secretion and expressions of bFGF and Bcl-2 in benign prostatic hyperplasia].
- Schistosoma japonicum (Chinese): changes of the tegument surface in cercariae,
- Schistosoma mansoni: development of the cercarial glycocalyx.
- Large genetic distance between Chinese and Philippine Schistosoma japonicum.
- Comparison of the surface morphology of adult Schistosoma japonicum (Chinese, Philippine and Indonesian strains) by scanning electron microscopy.
- [Management of a fracture patient and teaching crutch walking].
- Morbidity in schistosomiasis japonica in relation to intensity of infection. A study of two rural brigades in Anhui Province, China.
- Microtopography of the surface of adult Schistosoma japonicum-like (Malaysian) as observed by scanning electron microscopy.
- Susceptibility of snail vectors to Oriental anthropophilic Schistosoma.
- Epidemiological features and control strategies of schistosomiasis japonica in China.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Adjunct Professor, Teaches Medical Students and Resident Rotations -
Dr. Harry C. Yuan, DO, MPH, FCCP, FAASM's Practice location
Des Moines, Iowa 50314Get Direction
Urbana, IL 61801Get Direction
Riverside, CA 92505Get Direction
Dr. Harry C. Yuan, DO, MPH, FCCP, FAASM's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Yuan
- Is Tonsillitis Contagious?
What is tonsillitis?Tonsils are two glands located at the back of the throat and can be seen through the mouth. These glands help prevent infections from developing in the body. Tonsillitis happens when the tonsils become inflamed or infected by viruses or bacteria. Tonsillitis is a common...
- Low-Grade Fever and Teething
Introduction Your baby, who used to be so peaceful, has all of a sudden become fussy, cranky, chews on every single thing, and is drooling. He wants to be held, keeps you half the night awake, and wants to be nursed the whole day. This is the world of teething that the baby has entered in. Other...
- What is Diaper Rash?
Diaper rash is a skin problem that develops in the area beneath the diaper. Appearance of this condition ranges from irritated, reddish skin to pimples and blisters in the diaper area. In mild cases, the skin will be slightly reddish in color and warm to touch. For some infants, it appears in the...
- What Causes Toxic Synovitis?
Children who develop or complain of limping must be examined to make sure that their condition is not an orthopedic emergency like in the case of septic arthritis. After being examined, children's parents may hear about a toxic synovitis diagnosis. Such diagnosis might sound scary, but it is...
- Do Children Need Vitamin Supplements?
As a parent, it is very normal to worry whether your child is getting all the necessary nutrients, especially when the child is a picky eater. Now that there are plenty of chewable and gummy vitamins available in the market. When should you choose a multivitamin or dietary supplement? Experts are of...
- Why Swimming Lessons Are Crucial for Children with Autism
It is important for any child to learn how to swim, but it is especially important for those with autism due to tendencies to wander towards water.Sayed's storySayed Ashraaf Ali Sayed Imran is five years old and has autism. He is absolutely in love with anything that has to do with water. Anyone who...
- Dr. Joi S. Lucas MD1212 PLEASANT ST DES MOINES IA 50309
- Dr. Ricardo R Flores MD1200 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Elizabeth A. Bacon D.O.1200 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Scott J Sheets DO7029 Vista Dr West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Alladdin Moh. elhadi Abosaida M.D1212 PLEASANT ST DES MOINES IA 50309