Dr. Harry Yuan practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Des Moines, Iowa. Dr. Yuan treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Western University of Health Sciences
American Board of Pediatrics- General Pediatrics
Pediatric Pulmonology; American Board of Sleep Medicine- Sleep Medicine
- [Role of human and domestic animal reservoirs of schistosomiasis japonica in Dongting and Boyang Lake regions].
- Epidemiological features and control of schistosomiasis japonica in China.
- Barium sulphate tragacanth mucilage in place of lipiodol in roentgenography.
- Iliac condensation: report of 23 cases.
- Index of suspicion.
- [Relationship between interleukin-8 levels in expressed prostatic secretion and expressions of bFGF and Bcl-2 in benign prostatic hyperplasia].
- Schistosoma japonicum (Chinese): changes of the tegument surface in cercariae,
- Schistosoma mansoni: development of the cercarial glycocalyx.
- Large genetic distance between Chinese and Philippine Schistosoma japonicum.
- Comparison of the surface morphology of adult Schistosoma japonicum (Chinese, Philippine and Indonesian strains) by scanning electron microscopy.
- [Management of a fracture patient and teaching crutch walking].
- Morbidity in schistosomiasis japonica in relation to intensity of infection. A study of two rural brigades in Anhui Province, China.
- Microtopography of the surface of adult Schistosoma japonicum-like (Malaysian) as observed by scanning electron microscopy.
- Susceptibility of snail vectors to Oriental anthropophilic Schistosoma.
- Epidemiological features and control strategies of schistosomiasis japonica in China.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Adjunct Professor, Teaches Medical Students and Resident Rotations -
- Children's Hospital Of Michigan 2002
- Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Western University of Health Sciences
- Children's Hospital
What do you attribute your success to?
- Perseverance and Great Training
Dr. Harry C. Yuan D.O.'s Practice location
Des Moines, Iowa 50314Get Direction
ANCHORAGE, AK 99508Get Direction
Riverside, CA 92505Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Harry C. Yuan D.O. | Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Harry C. Yuan D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Yuan
- Croup vs. RSV: How Are They Different?
Childhood illnesses are very common and can strike at any moment. Croup and RSV are among the most common illnesses that can harm children.CroupCroup is a mild condition, usually nothing to worry about, but it can be scary for parents to witness. This common childhood illness often occurs during the...
- Causes and Treatments for a Barking Cough
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup, which is a viral condition that causes swelling of the upper airways of children, especially those who are younger than 5 years old. It is also described as the inflammation of the larynx and the trachea in children.There are a...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- How to Know if It’s Croup or Whoop
Croup is often characterized by a barking cough sound, which resembles the sound produced by seals. This childhood condition is often caused by a virus that often starts from the nose or mouth, and goes down to the vocal cords and windpipe. The affected areas become inflamed, swollen, and sore that...
- What Are the Early Signs of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer allows a five-year survival limit, and that is if the disease has not spread elsewhere in the body. This is all the more reason to be alert to early warnings of cancer’s approach. With early detection, cancer survival ratings improve remarkably.1. Misery and mood swingsCarrying the...
- What Is Bronkaid?
Generic Name: Ephedrine and GuaifenesinBrand Name: Primatene Asthma, BronkaidIntroduction Bronkaid is known for treating the symptoms of asthma. It works by thinning the mucus, so it can be eliminated from the body through coughing. Bronkaid consists of two active ingredients:...