Dr. Harry Yuan practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Des Moines, Iowa. Dr. Yuan treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Western University of Health Sciences
American Board of Pediatrics- General Pediatrics
Pediatric Pulmonology; American Board of Sleep Medicine- Sleep Medicine
- [Role of human and domestic animal reservoirs of schistosomiasis japonica in Dongting and Boyang Lake regions].
- Epidemiological features and control of schistosomiasis japonica in China.
- Barium sulphate tragacanth mucilage in place of lipiodol in roentgenography.
- Iliac condensation: report of 23 cases.
- Index of suspicion.
- [Relationship between interleukin-8 levels in expressed prostatic secretion and expressions of bFGF and Bcl-2 in benign prostatic hyperplasia].
- Schistosoma japonicum (Chinese): changes of the tegument surface in cercariae,
- Schistosoma mansoni: development of the cercarial glycocalyx.
- Large genetic distance between Chinese and Philippine Schistosoma japonicum.
- Comparison of the surface morphology of adult Schistosoma japonicum (Chinese, Philippine and Indonesian strains) by scanning electron microscopy.
- [Management of a fracture patient and teaching crutch walking].
- Morbidity in schistosomiasis japonica in relation to intensity of infection. A study of two rural brigades in Anhui Province, China.
- Microtopography of the surface of adult Schistosoma japonicum-like (Malaysian) as observed by scanning electron microscopy.
- Susceptibility of snail vectors to Oriental anthropophilic Schistosoma.
- Epidemiological features and control strategies of schistosomiasis japonica in China.
- Schistosomiasis control in China.
- Variations in fecal Schistosoma japonicum egg counts.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Adjunct Professor, Teaches Medical Students and Resident Rotations -
- Children's Hospital Of Michigan 2002
- Children's Hospital of Michigan
- Western University of Health Sciences
- Children's Hospital
What do you attribute your success to?
- Perseverance and Great Training
Dr. Harry C. Yuan D.O.'s Practice location
Des Moines, Iowa 50314Get Direction
ANCHORAGE, AK 99508Get Direction
Riverside, CA 92505Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Harry C. Yuan D.O. | Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Harry C. Yuan D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Yuan
- Differentiating Croup from Asthma
Croup and asthma are two conditions that involve organs, which are responsible for breathing. Since both conditions affect the respiratory system, it is highly advisable to learn their differences to be able to approach each condition properly.What Is Croup?Croup is typically caused by a virus. It...
- Prevention of Croup
Croup is a viral infection that causes swelling of the airway. As a result, the airway becomes narrower, making it difficult to breathe. It is also accompanied by an irritation in the larynx (voice box) and trachea (windpipe). This condition is also known as laryngotracheobronchitis because the...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- Bronchitis in Children
Children when they get a cold also tend to get a cough. In most of the cases, it occurs due to bronchitis which is an inflammation of the lining of the trachea and bronchi. It is usually a mild illness that affects children.Having a child who is constantly getting a cold or having breathing problems...
- What Is Bronkaid?
Generic Name: Ephedrine and GuaifenesinBrand Name: Primatene Asthma, BronkaidIntroduction Bronkaid is known for treating the symptoms of asthma. It works by thinning the mucus, so it can be eliminated from the body through coughing. Bronkaid consists of two active ingredients:...
- How is Lung Cancer Diagnosed?
Lung Cancer is one of the most common and serious forms of cancers in the world. In fact, it is also one of the leading causes of cancer deaths for both men and women. This form of cancer is known to mainly affect older people, primarily those in their seventies. Smoking has been identified as one...
- Dr. Joi S. Lucas MD1717 S. Orange Ave. Orlando FL 32806
- Dr. Elizabeth A. Bacon D.O.1 Childrens Plz Dayton OH 45404
- Dr. Ricardo R Flores MD1200 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Scott J Sheets DO7029 Vista Dr West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Alladdin Moh. elhadi Abosaida M.D2801 Atlantic Ave Long Beach CA 90806