Dr. Abdo Saad is a gastroenterologist practicing in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Dr. Saad specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Saad performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Marqui's Who's Who 2014
- Continuous Quality Improvement Award (2008): Indiana University
- Resident Research Competition Award (2007): Indiana University
- Best Research Paper Award (2005): American University of Beirut
- International College Scholar Award (1997)
- International College Alumni Award (1997)
- Hariri Foundation Award (1997)
- University of missouri
- GI tract
- Indiana University
- University of Chicago
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Gastroenterology, American Gastroenterological Association, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Perseverance, Hard work, Following the Right Mentors
Areas of research
Inflammatory bowel disease in the geriatric age group.
Hobbies / Sports
- Soccer, Swimming, Tennis
- Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Dr. Abdo M. Saad MD's Practice location
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106 Get Direction
CHICAGO, IL 60637 Get Direction
Indianapolis, IN 46202 Get Direction
Columbia, MO 65212 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Abdo M. Saad MD | Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Abdo M. Saad MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Anemia: Psychological Approach to Patients
The complete working of the human brain has been explained by numerous psychologists in the world. They have spent their lives trying to find the relation between different problems and how they affect the working of the human brain. The sanctioning of this relation is key to understanding why even...
- Does Smoking Cause Acid Reflux?
In 2013, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that the average smoker smokes 10-19 cigarettes a day, and about 17.8% of the population were active smokers. The first studies linking smoking to gastroesophageal reflux, or acid reflux, discovered that symptoms began...
- Study Suggests Rural Households Have Lower Risk of Crohn's and Colitis Development
A recent study suggests that children and adolescents who grow up in rural households may have a lower chance of developing inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). The study was conducted and published by the Canadian Gastro Intestinal Epidemiology Consortium, the Institute for Clinical Evaluative...
- Where Exactly Does the Pain Occur During Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a disease that is mostly known as the rupture of the appendix. The human appendix is considered to be a vestigial structure. Vestigial means lacking meaningful work, or the evolving of a part of the body to take on a new shape, or an organ that has...
- Are Blood Transfusions and Celiac Disease Related?
Celiac disease is a dangerous autoimmune disease that is triggered by the consumption of foods that have gluten, which is commonly found in wheat, barley and rye; when people with celiac disease consume foods with gluten, a reaction is triggered that forces the immune system to respond by damaging...
- How to Use Acupuncture to Treat IBS
Irritable bowel syndrome is also referred to as mucous colitis or spastic colon. It’s labeled a syndrome since it involves multiple symptoms that vary from each person who is affected. It’s a mobility disorder of the large and small intestines. IBS-related symptoms include constipation,...
- Dr. Michael K Bay M.D. 7788 Jefferson St Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Barry A Weiss MD Pmg At 8300 Constitution - Gi Albuquerque NM 87110
- Dr. Neal E Rakov MD 89240 Overseas Hwy Tavernier FL 33070
- Dr. Adam M Mougey M.D. University Of Utah Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Anna Feldman Vertkin MD 160 Rose Ave Mill Valley CA 94941
- Dr. Christopher Han sheng Chang M.D., PH.D. 10833 Le Conte Ave Los Angeles CA 90095