Sammie I. Long, MD, is a radiologist with more than three decades of expertise in all facets of her field, particularly angiography and interventional radiology. She serves the residents of Mobile and surrounding communities in Alabama. Dr. Long received her degree in 1971 from Meharry Medical College, located in Nashville, Tennessee, where she also conducted her internship in pediatrics and partial residency in radiology. Dr. Long is also trained at the prestigious Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Brigham and Women?s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. The recipient of the Top United States Radiologist Award, she remains an active member of the he Radiological Society of North America, the American Medical Association, and the National Medical Association.
Education and Training
Meharry Medical College
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Top United State Radiologist Award
- Meharry Medical College (Radiology); Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Meharry Medical College (Pediatrics)
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center; Meharry Medical College, Brigham and Women's Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Radiological Society of North America, American Medical Association, National Medical Association
Articles and Publications
- MIR Poems Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Knew what she wanted to be, love for learning, passion, drive to educate, and being courageous.
Hobbies / Sports
- Basketball, Tennis, Gardening, Reading
Sammie Inez Long's Practice location
Nashville, Tennessee 37212Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Sammie Inez Long | Radiologist | Body Imaging
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Sammie Inez Long's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Arthur C. Fleischer MD1161 21st Avenue Nashville Tennessee 37732
- Daniel J. Wunder M.D.1210 Briarville Road Madison Tennessee 37115
- Samuel Forrester Hunter M.D., PH.D.101 Forrest Crossing BLvd Franklin TN 37064
- Dipak J Ranparia MD4220 Harding Road Nashville TN 37205
- Robert Stanley Burcham M.D.3024 Business Park Cir Goodlettsville TN 37072
- Paul C. Nau M.D.3024 Business Park Cir Goodlettsville TN 37072