A Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Arathi A. Shah, MD, FAAP, is a pediatrician practicing at South Texas Center for Pediatric Care in San Antonio, Texas. She is also affiliated with the Methodist Health System, Baptist Healthcare Network, and Christus Santa Rosa Health System. Dr. Shah received her medical education in India at Gujarat University and graduated in 2003. She then trained at SUNY Downstate Medical Center and ultimately became certified in pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics. Dr. Shah is also the author of three publications based on her work at Gujarat University in India and a distinguished member of the Bexar County Medical Society, the Texas Medical Association, and the Texas Indo-American Physicians Society.
Education and Training
Americna Board of Pediatrics- Pediatrics
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking, Family Practice Residents -
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- Bexar County Medical Society, Texas Medical Association, Texas Indo-American Physicians Society
Articles and Publications
- 3 Publications Based on Work in Gujarat University, India
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her dedication and making sure she does what she's here for. She enjoys her work and is empathetic with her patients. these are children who will honestly tell you how they feel and she cares for them all.
Hobbies / Sports
- Classical Indian Dancing, Fitness
Favorite professional publications
- Contemporary Pediatrics
- Methodist Health System
- Baptist Healthcare Network
- Christus Santa Rosa Health System
Arathi Shah's Practice location
San Antonio, Texas 78260Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Arathi Shah | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Arathi Shah's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Help Your Child Stick to Cystic Fibrosis Treatment
If your child is diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, you are likely to have a lot of questions and concerns. Will my child be able to have a normal life? Can I help my child get the best possible care? A child with CF can still go to school, play sports, and do regular stuff just like the other...
- Can You Get Mumps More than Once in Your Lifetime?
Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection that’s preventable by vaccination. The virus is usually spread by coming in contact with infected individuals. It’s common for newborns, children, as well as young adults. Symptoms associated with the condition include:...
- Is Bacterial Meningitis Serious? Know the Symptoms of Meningitis
What is Meningitis?Meningitis is the swelling or inflammation of the meninges, which are the three specific membranes covering the brain and the spinal cord. The primary function of the meninges is to protect the central nervous system. Meningitis is an uncommon infection that affects the delicate...
- Teen with Autism Creates Artificial Intelligence Prototype
When educators are faced with a child that responds differently in a classroom environment that what is typically expected, teaching that child can be a daunting task. It’s not uncommon knowledge that children with autism, especially if they have a more severe form of autism, don’t always...
- Benefits of a Weighted Vest for Autism
Sensory integration therapy has been used for people with autism and other neurological disorders to try and tackle the underlying neurological processing and integration of sensory information in order to have a positive effect on emotion, learning, and behavior. Using a weighted vest for autism is...
- Oral Thrush in Babies: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Introduction Oral thrush is a common type of yeast infection in babies. The infection is also called as oral candidiasis, which causes irritation in and around the baby's mouth. Oral thrush is said to affect babies of any age, but is more commonly seen in babies who are younger than 6 months old....
- Dr. Meena Chintapalli M.D, FAAP1314 East Sonterra Blvd. San Antonio Texas 78258
- Dr. Leah A. Mercado MD9793 Culebra Rd San Antonio Texas 78251
- Dr. Eduardo Ibarguen-Secchia M.D.4499 Medical Drive San Antonio Texas 78229
- Margarita Vasquez25715 Clyde Rock Boerne Texas 78006
- Mr. Byron Dooley MD18707 Hardy Oak Boulevard San Antonio Texas 78258
- Dr. Soheir Girgis M.D.3750 Commercial Avenue San Antonio Texas 78221