Dr. Edmond I. Griffin M.D.
Dermatologist5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia, 30342
Edmond I. Griffin, MD, is a multifaceted dermatologist with Dermatology Associates of Atlanta PC located in Atlanta, Georgia. The Clinic is a comprehensive facility that encompasses 8 centers on site dedicated exclusively to the care of the skin, hair, and nails. Dermatology Associates of Atlanta PC offer hair loss and hair restoration, general dermatology problems, acne scar surgery, liposuction, fat transfer, facial and eyelid surgery, 18 lasers, vein problems treatments, hair removal, skin care procedures, and Mohs surgery. Additionally affiliated with Northside Hospital and St. Joseph's Hospital, Dr. Griffin has 38 years of experience focused particularly on laser surgery, fillers, cosmetic dermatology, and hair replacement surgery. He studied at the Medical College of Georgia and subsequently trained at Dartmouth University - Mary Hitchcock and Cleveland Metropolitan Hospital. Furthermore, Dr. Griffin is certified in dermatology by the American Board of Dermatology and is also a member of the Atlanta Dermatology Association, the American Society of Liposuction Surgery, the American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery, the Medical Association of Georgia, and the American Medical Association.
Education and Training
Medical College of Georgia
Med Coll of Ga Sch of Med, Augusta Ga 1971
Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University 1971
American Board of Dermatology- Dermatology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- The effects of finasteride on scalp skin and serum androgen levels in men with androgenetic alopecia.
- Azone enhances clinical effectiveness of an optimized formulation of triamcinolone acetonide in atopic dermatitis.
- Extensive scalp lifting. Decrease in complications utilizing unilateral occipital artery ligation and other modifications.
- Slit grafting: the use of serrated island grafts in male and female-pattern alopecia.
- Hair transplantation. The fourth decade.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Faculty, Emory University -
- Featured Contributor, Realself.com -
- Presentations all around the World on Hair Transplants, etc. -
- Actinic Keratosis
- Contact Dermatitis
- Natural Hormone Balancing
- Cleveland Metropolitan Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Atlanta Dermatology Association, American Society of Liposuction Surgery, American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery, Medical Association of Georgia, American Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Solutions to Tough Problems, Improving the Quality of Life of his Patients
Hobbies / Sports
- Travel, Architecture, Art
Dr. Edmond I. Griffin M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Edmond I. Griffin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Griffin
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Keep Your Skin Hydrated Before Applying Makeup
We often notice that concealer and other products applied in the morning vanishes by the end of the day, leaving dry spots scattered throughout the face. There are a few products that may be of help that can keep your makeup looking fresh for a longer duration. Regardless, the most important thing...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- 5 Ways to Prevent Ingrown Hairs
It is important to realize that hair ingrowth is not a disease looking for a cure; rather, it is a condition that can be prevented if we dutifully stick to natural DIY remedies in the cozy comfort of our bedroom or boudoir. Perhaps the glaring exceptions would be vaginal or scrotal ingrowths that...
- What Are the Effective Home Remedies for Rosacea?
What is Rosacea?It is a chronic skin condition that typically affects the face. It causes redness, swelling, and a pimple-like appearance on your cheeks, nose, and forehead. Anyone can develop rosacea, but it is more commonly seen among females between the ages of 30 and 50 years old. Although...
- Can Rosacea Affect my Eyes?
Yes, rosacea does affect your eyes, and this condition is known as ocular rosacea. Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that frequently affects your cheeks, nose, and forehead. There are different types of rosacea. They are:...
- Dr. Joseph Payne MD5555 PEACHTREE DUNWOODY RD ATLANTA GA 30342-1710
- Dr. Keith D. Wright MD2383 Pate Street Snellville Georgia 30078
- Dr. Kendra A. Cole M.D.3655 Howell Ferry Rd Duluth GA 30096
- Dr. Tiffani Hamilton MD11800 Atlantis Pl Alpharetta GA 30022
- Marian Claire Finan6095 Barfield Road Atlanta Georgia 30328
- Dr. Nikki Hill M.D.2256 Northlake Pkwy Tucker GA 30084