Dr. Brian F. King has been in private practice on the Westside for over two decades. He completed his diagnostic radiology residency and neuroradiology fellowship at UCLA. Dr. King has performed thousands of routine image-guided spinal injection procedures such as epidural cortisone injections for pain management. In addition, Dr. King has considerable expertise in more sophisticated procedures such as radiofrequency neurolysis of the facets and vertebroplasty. Dr. King’s outpatient interventional practice also includes CT and ultrasound-guided biopsy of the head and neck regions and abdominal organs.
Education and Training
Southern Illinois University M.D. 1988
David Geffen School of Medicine UCLA Residency and Fellowship 1995
Southern Il Univ Sch Of Med- Springfield Il 1988
Southern Illinois University At Edwardsville 1988
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine 1988
American Board of Radiology- Diagnostic Radiology
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Assistant Professor David Geffen School of Medicine UCLA 2014 - 2018
- Clinical Assistant Professor Keck School of Medicine USC 2001 - 2018
- 2010-2012 Southern California Super Doctors
- 2009 Southern California Super Doctors 2008
- Ucla Med Ctr/Ucla D Geffen Sch, Diagnostic Radiology
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- David Geffen School of Medicine
- UC Irvine
- David Geffen School of Medicine (Neuroradiology)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Neuroradiology, American College of Radiology
What do you attribute your success to?
- Paying Close Attention to what his Referring Doctors Need, Taking Good Care of their Patients to his Skills in Spinal Pain Intervention
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- American Journal of Neuroradiology
Brian F. King M.D.'s Practice location
Santa Monica, CA 90404Get Direction
LOS ANGELES, CA 90025Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Brian F. King M.D. | Radiologist | Neuroradiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Brian F. King M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. King
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Noriko Salamon757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095
- Richard A. Reed MEDICAL DOCTOR100 W California Blvd Pasadena CA 91105
- Madeleine Fisher MD2125 Linda Flora Dr Los Angeles California 90077
- Julius Harry Grollman4101 Torrance Boulevard Torrance California 90503
- Suzie C. Bash MD1516 COTNER AVE LOS ANGELES CA 90025
- Bernard S. Lewinsky1338 South Hope Street Los Angeles California 90015