Dr. Imran Amir MD
Dermatologist3260 Tillman Drive Suite 120 Bensalem Pennsylvania, 19020
With ten years of experience, Imran Amir, MD, FAAD, is a dermatologist with a private practice in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania called City Dermatology. His expertise resides in Mohs Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Amir received his medical degree from Allama Iqbal Medical College in 1990 and then trained in the United States at Mount Sinai School of Medicine and Thomas Jefferson University. He also received a fellowship in Mohs Surgery at Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Developed in 1938 by Frederic E. Mohs, a general surgeon, Mohs surgery, is microscopically controlled surgery used to treat common types of skin cancer. During the surgery, after each removal of tissue, while the patient waits, the pathologist examines the tissue specimen for cancer cells, and that examination informs the surgeon where to remove tissue next. Mohs surgery is one of the many methods of obtaining complete margin control during removal of a skin cancer using frozen section histology. Dr. Amir is certified by the American Board of Dermatology in Dermatology and the American Board of Internal Medicine in Internal Medicine. He also remains an active member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, the American College of Mohs Surgery, and the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery. Over the course of his career, Dr. Amir was the recipient of the Gold Medal in Surgery during Medical School, Most Outstanding Resident Award in Internal Medicine in 1994, and Outstanding Research Project Award in 2007.
Education and Training
Allama Iqbal Medical College
Allama Iqbal Med Coll- Univ Of Punjab- Lahore- Pakistan 1989
American Board of Dermatology- Dermatology; American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Gold Medal in Surgery during Medical School
- Most Outstanding Resident in Internal Medicine, 1994
- Outstanding Research Project, 2007
- Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
- Mt. Sinai School of Mediicne (Mohs Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, American College of Mohs Surgery, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
What do you attribute your success to?
- He always puts his patients first, he is dedicated and passionate and is constantly learning.
Hobbies / Sports
- Travel, Swimming, Fitness, Golf
Favorite professional publications
- AAD Journal, Journal of Dermatologic Surgery, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
Dr. Imran Amir MD's Practice location
Bensalem, Pennsylvania 19020Get Direction
Philadelphia, PA 19114Get Direction
Dr. Imran Amir MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Amir
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- What Is Ringworm?
Ringworm, or tinea, refers to a fungal infection of the skin. The term ‘worm’ is derived from the old belief that the disease was caused by a worm. The term ‘ring’ refers to the characteristic ring-shaped patches produced by the fungus on the skin. Infection is often found in the outer layer...
- Anti-Acne Diets
Acne is a condition that causes the skin surface to develop several bumps. Often, these bumps occur on the face, shoulders, back, and neck. It’s believed that acne is triggered by changes in the body’s hormonal structure, and that’s why it is highly prevalent in children and teens going...
- Cold Sores 101: Everything You Need to Know About Cold Sores
What are cold sores?Cold sores are due to a virus called the herpes simplex virus. This condition is usually passed on through direct contact with an individual who is shedding the virus. The sores can be too small that a person will not be able to know if he/she has the illness. The virus can be...
- An Overview of Prescription Medications and Natural Remedies for Acne
Acne is a common condition which could affect almost everyone at some point. In many cases it can be managed easily and in other cases it can be lifelong problem.Acne treatment aims to clear spots as much as possible and most importantly, to prevent scarring. Several treatments are available for...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- Dr. Ernest Benedetto M.D.1200 Locust St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Michael Stierstorfer M.D.311 N Sumneytown Pike North Wales PA 19454
- Dr. Zaina Rashid D.O.1020 Walnut Street Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. David Horvath MD1245 Highland Ave Abington PA 19001
- Dr. Nadia Chaudhry M.D.12000 LINCOLN DR W MARLTON NJ 08053
- Dr. Jason Neustadter M.D.1528 Walnut Street Philadelphia PA 19102