Dr. Howard Sobel is a dermatologist practicing in New York, New York. Dr. Sobel specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Sobel diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Albert Eisntein School of Medicine
SUNY at Binghamton Anthropology 1972
Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery
Dr. Howard D. Sobel MD's Expert Contributions
I don’t think prp is very effective for acne scarring. I think C02 laser, fraxel laser or some injectable fillers are much better for acne scarring. Howard Sobel MD READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- first editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Dermatology -
- Attending Physician in Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital -
- ew York Magazine and the Castle Connolly Guide on How To Find the Best Doctors in the New York
- Continuing Medical Education Award 2012 American Academy of Dermatology,American Medical Association
- Liposuction Surgery
- Injectables & Fillers
- Sclerotherapy For Spider Leg Veins
- Chemical Peel/skin Treatments/microdermabrasion
- Laser Hair Removal
- Aesthetician Faclals
- Vanquish Non Surgical Fat Removal
- Fellow or member American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery ,AAD 1988
- Emory University School of Medicine Dermatology 1979
- Emory School of Medicine
Experience & Accolades
- Attending Dermatologist and Dermatologic Surgeon1988Lenox Hill HospitalTeaching,lecturing interns and residents at hospital. Performing Dermatologic Consultations and procedures for Hospitalized patients.
- Newton Wesley Hospital
What do you attribute your success to?
- Being Well Rounded in his Practice, Building a Foundation Based on Dermatology
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Howard D. Sobel MD's Practice location
New York, New York 10028Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Howard D. Sobel MD | Dermatologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Howard D. Sobel MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sobel
- What to Expect While Undergoing Laser Hair Removal?
When it comes to keeping your skin smooth and hairless, laser hair removal might not be the first solution that comes to mind. It is known that laser hair removal requires more planning than simply shaving or using depilatories. However, maybe you have reached that point in your life where you are...
- Alternative Treatments for Rosacea
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that can affect anyone. However, it is more common among females between the ages of 30 to 50 years. Rosacea is usually a result of the dilated blood vessels of the face, which causes redness or flushed skin. Its symptoms can be triggered by exposure to sunlight,...
- How Is Acne Diagnosed?
Acne is a persistent skin disease that makes the sebaceous glands become inflamed. It affects many teenagers and adults, especially the females. Acne represents 20 per cent of all dermatology medications.DiagnosisIn many cases, dermatologists or other health providers can identify acne by physically...
- How Can I Get Rid of Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks are pink or purple streaks that appear on the skin, especially in the abdomen, thighs, upper arms, and back. This is very common in pregnant women, but may also be seen in people who gain weight, or a sudden growth during puberty. The color of the marks may gradually fade to white or...
- Ultrasound Therapy Can Be Used to Reduce Sweat
According to a new study, excessive sweating can be reduced by using microfused ultrasound that is targeted at the sweat glands. Mark Nestor, MD, PhD, a dermatologist and voluntary associate professor of dermatology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, says “this technique can...
- How to Avoid Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
Whether you are beauty conscious or not, dark circles under your eyes is a concern. These dark marks are sure to take away the fresh look from the face. It may even make you look ill. One of the most common causes of darkness under the eyes is the presence of excessive fluid beneath the soft skin...
- Dr. Jeannette Graf M.D.88 Bayview Avenue Great Neck New York 11021
- Dr. Allen Nathan Sapadin MD370 Summit Ave Hackensack NJ 07601
- Dr. Fitzgeraldo Sanchez MD117 East 18th Street New York NY 10006
- Dr. Sapna Rao Palep MD95 Chambers street New York New York 10007
- Dr. Fredric Haberman D.O.,50 Market Street Saddle Brook New Jersey 07663
- Dr. Andrea N. Persaud M.D.36-A East 36th Street New York New York 10016