Keith D. Wright, MD, is one of the five board certified dermatologists that serve Gwinnett Dermatology, PC, in Snellville, Georgia, which is a state of the art private practice providing a complete selection of medical, surgical and aesthetic dermatologic services. Established in 1978, Gwinnett Dermatology, PC is on a mission to provide the highest quality medical and dermatologic care in a setting that makes patients feel warm, welcome, comfortable and secure. Also affiliated with Dwinnett Medical Center, Dr. Wright has 16 years in practice and specializes in Mohs Surgery, Dermatologic Surgery, and Micrographic Surgery. He received his medical degree in 1993 from Meharry Medical College and then trained at Rush University, St. Luke's Medical Center, Brown University (Dermatology residency), and Emory University (Dermatologic Surgery fellowship). Dr. Wright remains an active member of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology. He is also an inductee of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
Dr. Keith D. Wright MD's Videos
Education and Training
Meharry Medical College
Meharry Med Coll Sch of Med, Nashville Tn 1993
Meharry Medical College 1993
American Board of Dermatology- Dermatology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Emory University -
- Local and Regional Public Speaking -
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Medical Dermatology And Skin Cancer Surgery
- General Dermatology
- Hair loss and nail disorder
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Fraxel Laser
- Chemical Peels
- Omnilux Acne Treatments
- Photodynamic Therapy
- Skin Care Products
- Poison Ivy
- Complete skin examination/skin cancer screening
- Cosmetic Procedures
- Lines and Wrinkle Reduction
- Juvederm Ultra
- Juvederm Ultra Plus
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Other Cosmetic Procedures
- Cosmetic Mole Or Growth Removals, Skin Tag Removal
- Cosmetic Consultations
- Skin Pen Microneedling
- Laser Services
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery
- Professional Member American Academy of Dermatology
- Professional Member American College of Moh’s Micrographic Surgery
- Professional Member Cutaneous Oncology and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Emory University Moh’s Micrographic/Dermatologic Surgery 1998
- Rush University; St. Luke's Medical Center
- Emory University (Dermatologic Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Dermatology, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology
What do you attribute your success to?
- Luck and hard work. With his father being a physician, he had an excellent role model.
Hobbies / Sports
- Playing Soccer and Golf, Reading
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Journal of Dermatologic Surgery
Dr. Keith D. Wright MD's Practice location
Snellville, Georgia 30078Get Direction
Braselton, GA 30517Get Direction
- Can My Diet Prevent Aging?
Healthy foods and healthy eating habits are the key for feeling and looking young. Moreover, healthy foods protect the body against a number of debilitating and chronic conditions, which add to the woes of aging. Healthy foods are known to prevent common conditions that normally develop with age...
- Heat Rash: What Is Miliaria Crystallina?
Heat rash is also known as miliaria or "prickly heat". It is a type of skin disease that mostly affects people living in hot or humid areas. It forms as a result of blockage of the sweat glands. This restricts sweat, and it is trapped inside the skin tissues where it causes inflammation.This...
- What is Mohs Surgery?
Skin cancer occurs when damaged cells in the skin start to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor. There are three main types of skin cancer. They are basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma. The first two are the most common but less dangerous as they do not spread...
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- What Is Lipoma: Causes, Lipoma Removal, and What’s Involved?
What is a lipoma?Lipoma is the most common benign tissue tumor that occurs in almost 1 percent of the population. A lipoma consists of mature fat cells. Typically, a lipoma is enclosed by a thin fibrous capsule. Usually, lipomas develop superficially under the skin, but they can also occur anywhere...
- Rosacea: What to Expect When You Visit a Dermatologist
Rosacea is a chronic disorder affecting the facial skin. It is characterized by sporadic eruptions of red patches on the cheeks, nose, forehead or chin. Over a period of time, the symptoms exacerbate, with the appearance of visible blood vessels if left untreated, the skin in the area develops...
- Dr. Joseph Payne MD5555 PEACHTREE DUNWOODY RD ATLANTA GA 30342-1710
- Dr. Edmond I. Griffin M.D.5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342
- Dr. Kendra A. Cole M.D.3655 Howell Ferry Rd Duluth GA 30096
- Dr. Tiffani Hamilton MD11800 Atlantis Pl Alpharetta GA 30022
- Dr. Nikki Hill M.D.2256 Northlake Pkwy Tucker GA 30084
- Dr. Lori B Schaen M.D.4360 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd Atlanta GA 30341