Mary K. Craddock, MD, has been an anesthesiologist for nearly four decades. She specializes in all facets of anesthesiology with special expertise in pain medicine and ophthalmology. Dr. Craddock serves at her private practice in Chevy Chase, Maryland, but also at Friendship Ambulatory Surgery Center. She additionally holds hospital privileges at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Dr. Craddock received her medical degree in 1971 from Jefferson Medical College and then trained at Thomas Jefferson University and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (General Surgery and Anesthesiology residency). She is certified in pain management and anesthesiology by the American Board of Anesthesiology and is a distinguished member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, District of Columbia Society of Anesthesiologists, American Medical Association, Ambulatory Surgery Center Association, Society for Ambulatory Anesthesia, and Society for Pain Practice Management.
Education and Training
Jefferson Medical College
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 1971
American Board of Anesthesiology- Anesthesiology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- 3 Lectures; Speaks Locally, Regionally, and Nationally -
- Former Faculty, Georgetown University School of Medicine -
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (General Surgery, Anesthesiology)
- Thomas Jefferson University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, District of Columbia Society of Anesthesiologists, American Medical Association, Ambulatory Surgery Center Association, Society for Ambulatory Anesthesia, Society for Pain Practice Management
Articles and Publications
- 4 Publications as Co-Author
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard Work, Dedication to Field and Community, and Good Luck!
Hobbies / Sports
- Golfing and Skiing
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
Dr. Mary K. Craddock MEDICAL DOCTOR's Practice location
Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Mary K. Craddock MEDICAL DOCTOR | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Mary K. Craddock MEDICAL DOCTOR's reviewsWrite Review
- The Signs of Strep Throat
What is strep throat?Strep throat is the most common form of bacterial infection of the throat and tonsils, resulting in inflammation and irritation. Strep throat is caused by different types of streptococcus bacteria. The severity of the condition differs from one type of bacteria to another. Not...
- Prostate Drugs May Not Increase the Risk of Fractures
About 8 million men in the U.S. between the ages of 50-years-old and 79-years-old suffer from enlarged prostate glands. Drugs used to treat an enlarged prostate gland, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), are of two types: 5-alpha reductase inhibitors and alpha-blockers. In a study,...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Monica L. Wallace MD10810 Connecticut Avenue Kensington MD 20895
- Dr. Martin J. Harssema M.D.509 N Pitt St Alexandria Virginia 22314
- Dr. Levi Pearson M.D.1055 Little Patuxent Parkway Columbia Maryland 21044
- Dr. Kumudhini Hendrix MD3800 Reservoir Road Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20007
- Dr. David L. Chandler D.O.35 Memorial Drive Pinehurst North Carolina 28374
- Dr. John A. Adesioye MD7196 Maple Leaf Circle Blacklick Ohio 43004