Runette Flowers, MD, is a pediatrician with a remarkable career in her field. She practices at South Dekalb Pediatrics of Dekalb Medical Physicians Group in Decatur, Georgia. She studied for her medical degree at Meharry Medical College School of Medicine and trained at Emory University and Grady Health System upon graduating in 1973. Dr. Flowers is a member of the American Medical Association, Greater Atlanta Pediatric Association, Delta Sigma Theta, Atlanta Medical Association, Who's Who in America, and Georgia Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics. In addition to her practice, she holds hospital privileges at DeKalb Medical at North Decatur DeKalb Medical at Hillandale.
Education and Training
Meharry Medical College
Meharry Med Coll Sch of Med, Nashville Tn 1973
Meharry Medical College 1973
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Founder of the Metro Alliance of Minority Physicians -
- Resident Pediatrician for Fox 5 Atlanta's Good Day Atlanta -
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Ear Wax
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Grady Mem Hosp, Pediatrics
- Emory University School of Medicine Program
- Emory University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, Greater Atlanta Pediatric Association, Delta Sigma Theta, Atlanta Medical Association, Who's who in America, Georgia Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics
- Buckhead Cascade Chapter of Links Inc.
Dr. Runette Flowers MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Runette Flowers MD | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Runette Flowers MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Flowers
- Oral Thrush in Babies: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Introduction Oral thrush is a common type of yeast infection in babies. The infection is also called as oral candidiasis, which causes irritation in and around the baby's mouth. Oral thrush is said to affect babies of any age, but is more commonly seen in babies who are younger than 6 months old....
- What is Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease?
This mild viral disease most commonly seen in children is caused by enterovirus. Hand, foot, and mouth disease may happen in adults as well. It is characterized by sores in the mouth, hands, and legs and usually lasts for a few weeks. The disease is more common during the summer and fall. This...
- Tips for Moving to a New Home in Order to Improve Special Needs Services
It is no secret that parents want what is best for their children. Parents everywhere are constantly looking for the best school districts, the safest neighborhoods, and anything else that could lead to a better life for their sons and daughters. Parents of children with autism know this struggle...
- Hives in Children: Causes and Treatment
Hives is a common skin condition in children. It is characterized by itchy, raised, red and white welts on the skin. The condition is also medically known as urticaria. Hives are not contagious and may last for a few hours or days. However, in some cases, they may last for a few weeks.In this...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What is World Autism Awareness Day?
Just like everyone else, people with autism move through substantial life changes. Their quality of life depends on the foundation that was provided during their childhood. In addition, there is ongoing support revolving around their medical, educational, social and family needs. There is no single...
- Dr. Julius Sherwinter MD5501 Chamblee Dunwoody Road Dunwoody Georgia 30338
- Dr. Toni Petrillo M.D.1405 Cliffton Road Atlanta Georgia 30322
- Dr. Neeru Khanna M.D.1110 Crosspointe Lane Webster New York 14580
- Dr. George Katsitadze MD PHD976 Killian Hill Road Lilburn Georgia 30047
- Jeannie A. Belay6219 Hollyfern Lane Atlanta Georgia 30349
- Dr. Jessie E Brutus-Darius M.D.4166 Buford Hwy NE Atlanta Georgia 30345