Veena Chandrakar, MD, is a hematology oncologist maintaining her own private clinic in Cypress, Texas. Dr. Chandrakar is additionally an attending physician with Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center and the Methodist Willowbrook Hospital. She has over ten years of experience in her field, having graduated from St. George?s University and continuing her education with an internship at New York Methodist University. Dr. Chandrakar undertook residencies at Cornell Methodist University and Hahnemann University Hospital and completed a fellowship from MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. Author of several books and medical works, Dr. Chandrakar has triple certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine in her fields of expertise.
Education and Training
St. George's University
St George',s University Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Georgetown Univ Hosp, Medical Oncology; New York Methodist Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Cornell Methodist University; McP-Hahnemann University Hospital (Internal Medicine)
- New York Methodist University
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, Texas Medical Association, American Society of Clinical Oncology,
Articles and Publications
- Has been Published
- Author, The Battle
- Author, A Break in the Clouds
What do you attribute your success to?
- Persistence, Hard Work, Dedication
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Traveling
- Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center
- Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
Dr. Veena Chandrakar M.D.'s Practice location
Cypress, Texas 77429Get Direction
CYPRESS, TX 77433Get Direction
Cypress, TX 77429Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Veena Chandrakar M.D. | Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Veena Chandrakar M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chandrakar
- Living as a Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivor: Creating a New Normal
No one can ever truly be prepared for what it is like to live with cancer. Even the strongest survivors face setbacks, and some of the fiercest warriors share their stories of how they find their "new normals."Kimberly's storyWhen she was only 25, just five days before her wedding, Kimberly felt a...
- The Lymphoma Research Foundation Announces Partnership with the Annals of Lymphoma
The Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) is the nation’s largest non-profit organization for lymphoma research, and they just announced their partnership with the Annals of Lymphoma (AOL). This was all revealed in September during Blood Cancer Awareness Month. LRF is devoted to exclusively funding...
- How Dogs Are Helping with Lymphoma Research
According to the Cornell Chronicle (CC), Cornell and Tufts University have received a huge grant for the study of human lymphoma, using a humane approach to test on dogs.The dogs in the study will already have lymphoma and it’s hoped they’ll be cured in the process of this research study.There...
- Life Lessons After Multiple Misdiagnoses of Lymphoma
28-year-old Jessica DeCristofaro had been coughing persistently and she was told by her doctor that it was a result of allergies. She even took medication for her supposed allergies over the course of two years. When the medication failed to improve her persistent cough, another doctor diagnosed her...
- The Promising Future of Gene Therapy and Lymphoma
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma affects over 700,000 people in America alone. Though current treatments are moderately effective, especially for aggressive forms of the disease, more can be done to help people impacted by NHL. Researchers are doing just that by working to develop new, innovative treatment for...
- Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi Discusses Struggles with Lymphoma
Tony Iommi is one of the few rock and roll legends who can say that they fulfilled the industry’s cliché act of getting the band back together. In 2011, the loss of a good friend brought the Black Sabbath guitarist Iommi back into contact with the band’s original lead vocalist, Ozzy Osbourne....
- Dr. Luis T. Campos M. D.925 Gessner Houston TX 77024
- Dr. William S Velasquez M. D.7737 Southwest Fwy Houston TX 77074
- Dr. David Peter Ellent M.D.920 Medical Plaza Dr Spring TX 77380
- Dr. Ronjay Rakkhit M.D.18400 Katy Fwy Houston TX 77094
- Dr. Woondong Jeong MD19 Bradhurst Ave Hawthorne NY 10532
- Dr. Dongxin Liu MD1709 Dryden Rd Houston TX 77030