Dr. Dmitriy Zak M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology1410 McFarland Blvd. North Tuscaloosa Alabama, 35406
Dr. Dmitriy Zak is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Dr. Zak specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Second Tashkent State Medical Institute
Second Tashkent State Med Inst- Tashkent- Uzbekistan 1994
American Board of Internal Medicine- Medical Oncology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, and National Public Speaking -
- Drexel University Medical Center
Articles and Publications
- Has had Articles and Presentations Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Working in an excellent country and making a difference in patients and families lives.
Dr. Dmitriy Zak M.D.'s Practice location
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35406Get Direction
MOUNTAIN HOME, AR 72653Get Direction
Brooklyn, NY 11209Get Direction
Newburgh, NY 12550Get Direction
Dr. Dmitriy Zak M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Zak
- Can Multiple Myeloma be Asymptomatic?
Early treatment for persons suffering from multiple myeloma that is asymptomatic may not be beneficial. The initial stages for multiple myeloma do not show symptoms, and this is known as being asymptomatic.The treatment for persons with asymptomatic multiple myeloma should be deferred up to when the...
- The Lymphoma Research Foundation Announces Partnership with the Annals of Lymphoma
The Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) is the nation’s largest non-profit organization for lymphoma research, and they just announced their partnership with the Annals of Lymphoma (AOL). This was all revealed in September during Blood Cancer Awareness Month. LRF is devoted to exclusively funding...
- How to Show Social Support for Lymphoma
A cancer diagnosis can shake an individual’s world, and not just the physical aspects of their world, but all corners of it. Although cancer attacks the body, it necessarily also affects a person’s mental and emotional state, and it can have an impact on other people close to the affected...
- Tips for Young Adult Lymphoma Survivors to Make the Most of Recovery
It is extremely difficult to reenter the world and normal life after battling lymphoma. Recovery is much more than the body's physical battle, but how to balance emotions and relationships as well.However, there are specific tools that can assist in adapting back into a life that may seem...
- The Blow Self-Image Can Take During Lymphoma Treatment
Many who have endured cancer treatment experience a blow to their self image, and cease to recognize the person looking back at them in the mirror.However, it does not have to be that way! Here are some of the most common changes, and how to cope with them.Skin changesYou may begin to see your skin...
- What Are Lymphocytes?
A lymphocyte is a type of white blood cell (WBC) that has a significant function in the body's immune system. Lymphocytes function by properly responding to infectious microorganisms and other foreign invaders in the body. Lymphocytes can work alone, but some of them are also capable of...
- Dr. Pamela Hughes MD1410 Mcfarland Blvd N Tuscaloosa AL 35406
- Dr. Alejandro Garcia-hernandez M.D.1410 MCFARLAND BLVD N TUSCALOOSA AL 35406
- Dr. Joanne Florence Rossman MD1410 Mcfarland Blvd N Tuscaloosa AL 35406
- Dr. Syed Fuad Hassany MD1410 Mcfarland Blvd N Tuscaloosa AL 35406
- Dr. Tatyana Sycheva MD1400 Afflink Pl Tuscaloosa AL 35406