J. Eugene Glenn, MD, is a retired obstetrician and gynecologist featuring more than a half century of extensive experience in his field. He owned his private practice in Jacksonville, Florida and also served his patients as an attending physician at St. Vincent?s Medical Center. Dr. Glenn received his medical degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1955. He trained at the Naval Hospital and ultimately attained his certification OB/GYN from the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Glenn remains an active member of the American Medical Association, the Florida Medical Association, Duval County Medical Society, the Florida Obstetric and Gynecologic Society, and the South Atlantic Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. In 1989, he was offered the Medical Practice Prevention Award by the Florida Medical Association.
Education and Training
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology- Obstetrics
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of OBGYN, University of Florida, In Past -
- Medical Practice Prevention Award, Florida Medical Association, 1989
- Naval Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Naval Hospital, Jacksonville, Florida
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, Florida Medical Association, Duval County Medical Society, Florida Obstetric and Gynecologic Society, South Atlantic Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
What do you attribute your success to?
- All the Support from his Wife and Mother
Hobbies / Sports
- St. Vincent's Medical Center
J. Eugene Glenn's Practice location
Jacksonville, Florida 32204Get Direction
J. Eugene Glenn's reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What Causes Nipple Pain?
IntroductionMost women may have experienced soreness in their nipples at some point in time or another. This soreness or pain can be due to various reasons which may include an imbalance in the hormones, skin conditions, pregnancy, itching, allergies or infections, breastfeeding, and much more. The...
- Hyperthyroidism, Graves' Disease, and Pregnancy
Thyroid problems are more common among women and are especially prevalent during pregnancy as an intercurrent disease. Despite being common during pregnancy, it can be fairly serious to the health of both the mother and the fetus.How do thyroid problems affect pregnancy?There is always an increased...
- Are Weight Loss Drugs Good For You?
Are you obese and looking for a safe and convenient option to lose weight? Are you unhappy with the diet plans that are available? Have you attempted different weight loss options? Are you under a long-term treatment plan for obesity? In these cases, prescription weight loss drugs seem to be a...
- What Is Gestational Diabetes?
Gestational diabetes is one of the biggest fears of a pregnant woman. There are chances of birth defects among children who are born to mothers with untreated gestational diabetes.So the question is, 'Can you have a healthy baby though you have gestational diabetes?'The answer is yes. You can have a...
- What Are the Causes of Cervical Cancer?
Cervical cancer is a form of cancer that affects the cells in the cervix. It is also known to be the third most common cancer in females. It is a treatable condition if detected at its early stage. Cervical cancer is also the most common cancer type in females who are under 35 years old. There are...
- Dr. Martin Garcia M.D.836 Prudential Dr Jacksonville FL 32207
- Dr. Ingrid A. Carlson MD486 Town Plaza Ave Ponte Vedra Beach Florida 32081
- Dr. David Lynn Miller M.D.3 Shircliff Way Jacksonville FL 32204
- Dr. Paul Rebenack M.D.6885 Belfort Oaks Pl Jacksonville FL 32216
- Dr. Emily Lampp Balanky M.D.14546 Old Saint Augustine Rd Jacksonville FL 32258
- Dr. Suny M. Caminero M.D.653 W. Eighth St. Box L17 Jacksonville FL 32209