Joan M. Mack, MD, is a radiologist currently on staff with Mercy Health Systems. She received her education from St. George?s University and graduated with her medical degree. Relocating to the United States, Dr. Mack also completed residencies at the Methodist Hospital and the University of Connecticut Medical Center. She is a professional member of the Radiological Society of North America, American College of Radiology, Society of Nuclear Medicine, American College of Nuclear Physicians, and the Drug Information Association to remain involved in continued education in her field of clinical interest. Dr. Mack has contributed several publications over the course of her career; in addition to six poster presentations which allow her to meet and speak informally with interested viewers, present her work at important scientific meetings, and prepare for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
Education and Training
St. George's University
Joan Mack's Expert Contributions
Areas of expertise and specialization
- The Methodist Hospital; University of Connecticut Medical Center
- NYU Medical (Nuclear Medicine)
Professional Society Memberships
- Radiological Society of North America, American College of Radiology, Society of Nuclear Medicine, American College of Nuclear Physicians, Drug Information Association
Articles and Publications
- Co-author of 27 articles, 6 poster presentations
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication, Making a Difference in the Field
Joan Mack's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Joan Mack | Radiologist | Body Imaging
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Joan Mack's reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Paul O\'Moore M.D.1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001
- Scott H. Faro MD3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140
- Valerie Hunt1521 Evergreen Lane Paoli Pennsylvania 19312
- Sandeep Deshmukh MD132 South 10th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107
- Steven M. Greenberg MD140 Nutt Road Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460
- Nancy A. Lee M.D.1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19090